Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1899 posts
482 upvotes

Useless Microsoft Store Credit?

I have $60 in my Microsoft account that expires in 6 days. I can use it on game/apps in the Microsoft store. Is there anything that I can buy that would have value? The $60 credit seems pretty useless to me.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3295 posts
785 upvotes
They have music. They have games. There are quite a few paid apps too.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4691 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have a Microsoft console?
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1899 posts
482 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: Do you have a Microsoft console?
No, I don't have XBOX. I also don't play any computer games. I mostly stream music so not really sure buying music would be useful.
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Sell it to someone who has an XB1, even if at's a bit of a loss. That way you get some $$ out of it instead of wasting it on something you don't need.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8087 posts
1627 upvotes
I like your question: something that has value.
But value to one, might not be the same to another.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4814 posts
3348 upvotes
Buy a game or controller and return it in store.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1899 posts
482 upvotes
qualdoth wrote: Sell it to someone who has an XB1, even if at's a bit of a loss. That way you get some $$ out of it instead of wasting it on something you don't need.
I would love to sell it but it's tied to my account to so I can't transfer it to anyone.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4691 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
What a conundrum... you can't even convert those online points into store credit unfortunately. Do you have any friends that have an Xbox One? You can log in to their console and set it as your "home" console, then purchase a game for them, and maybe they can buy you a case of beer or something...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8087 posts
1627 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: What a conundrum... you can't even convert those online points into store credit unfortunately. Do you have any friends that have an Xbox One? You can log in to their console and set it as your "home" console, then purchase a game for them, and maybe they can buy you a case of beer or something...
That's ********. I thought you can't use them for the online store, but works in b&m stores
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4691 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
CFRTim wrote: That's ********. I thought you can't use them for the online store, but works in b&m stores
Am I misunderstanding the question? I thought OP has digital MS credit for the Windows/XBL store tied to his account? When I had leftover credit on my XBL account, I couldn't just turn into MS B&M store credit... I couldn't even use it to pay for my XBL subscription...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2003
1393 posts
226 upvotes
OP I'm in a similar situation. I have about $55 on my Xbox account. I bought a PS4 and don't use my 360 much at all. I tried to pay for hardware (Raspberry Pi) from Microsoft store with it - nope. Tried to use it to pay for Groove music using the 360 app - nope. Tried to use it to pay for movie rentals on a Windows 10 desktop - nope. Oh, and it has an expiry date in December of this year.
Feb 15, 2015
286 posts
290 upvotes
Surrey, BC
You can use the xbox/ms store credit for digital purchases from the microsoft store. I just used my xbox balance to buy a CD. Purchased music can then be either played from the Groove music webplayer or from the Groove app on your PC or smartphone.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
Same issue here. I bought an XBOX bundle on black friday and it came with a free game plus a $60 credit...dont know what to buy with the credit.

Can I use it on Fallout DLC? I have no idea how to do that from the MS store...
Originally Posted by uruha:
I saw a customer returning a book at Costco + telling the employee that the book was good.
Oct 23, 2012
412 posts
141 upvotes
Montreal
can you guys order something physical from the Microsoft online store and then flip it on kijiji ?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2389 posts
820 upvotes
No...it's Windows App store not MS store so only digital contents. There was absolutely nothing to buy so I ended up buying metal gear solid and a few paid apps. 3/4 apps that I bought do not work and there is no way to get refund (you have to contact each developer on your own)