• Jun 23rd, 2019 10:55 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1639 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sabesh wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 4:41 pm
Stay away from Dog. I regret getting a 6 year subscription for them. The other two you mentioned are way better.
What's wrong with dog?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5713 posts
301 upvotes
Calgary
Wrestlemania wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 1:05 pm
What's wrong with dog?
ya I'm wondering too? they are the best i have used and only thing i don't like is there constant promos for buying 5+ years
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1568 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Wrestlemania wrote:
What's wrong with dog?
Slow response times. Hardly finds anything compared to others. Bottom of stats list in NZBhydra. And recently they slow down to a crawl on Mondays when doing weekly backups. They've promised to upgrade their hardware. I'll believe it when I see it.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4632 posts
1499 upvotes
Toronto
Wrestlemania wrote:
What's wrong with dog?
sabesh wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 12:45 am
Slow response times. Hardly finds anything compared to others. Bottom of stats list in NZBhydra. And recently they slow down to a crawl on Mondays when doing weekly backups. They've promised to upgrade their hardware. I'll believe it when I see it.
I just got Hydra going and looks like Dog is slow AF.

I have a year sub left with them and wonder if Hydra will even download off of them.

Most of stuff is coming from Drunken, ******nzbs, NZBs.org, and Geek.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1568 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
rebel_rfd wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 2:25 pm
I just got Hydra going and looks like Dog is slow AF.

I have a year sub left with them and wonder if Hydra will even download off of them.

Most of stuff is coming from Drunken, ******nzbs, NZBs.org, and Geek.
Yup, that's about what I'm experiencing. nzb.su picks up a lot of older stuff for me as well.
Sep 18, 2017
357 posts
465 upvotes
Vancouver
sabesh wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 4:41 pm
Stay away from Dog. I regret getting a 6 year subscription for them. The other two you mentioned are way better.
I was stuck between deciding on Dog & Geek a few years back and I'm so glad I went with Geek. My main reason was the fact that people said the community on Geek is much better and the admins seem to do good work on requests and other things of that sort.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1568 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
altHUB indexer holiday deal.

"Happy Holidays!
$10 for 5 years, usually $10 for 1 year. Upgrade now!
Offer and registrations close on 2 January 2019."

https://althub.co.za/
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3698 posts
259 upvotes
Georgetown
anyone have experience with altHUB? Is it good?
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1568 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Tiberius wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 10:46 am
anyone have experience with altHUB? Is it good?
Not the best. However, it's pretty good for eBooks.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1050 posts
231 upvotes
Antarctica
Seems like geek is not so bad. I use it in combination with ******nzbs and both can find 15 year old distros. Not bad. I am not really into extremely obscure things. However can someone recommend another indexer with decent p2p retention etc? I know nzbs.org is closed forever. Is **** a pipedream at this point or is there something comparable? I really want to leave torrents behind. I don't like having 0 control over my privacy and even private clubs aren't secure plus they are all VPN unfriendly.
Last edited by Crichtonfan on Jan 10th, 2019 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1568 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Crichtonfan wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 1:17 pm
Seems like geek is not so bad. I use it in combination with omg and both can find 15 year old distros. Not bad. I am not really into extremely obscure things. However can someone recommend another indexer with decent p2p retention etc? I know nzbs.org is closed forever. Is nzbs.in a pipedream at this point or is there something comparable? I really want to leave torrents behind. I don't like having 0 control over my privacy and even private clubs aren't secure plus they are all VPN unfriendly.
Hey, just curious, how are you managing to locate the 15 year distros? All providers I know max out @ 10 years retention.

Org is nothing special (although some others here disagree) - I find Geek and the other one that you use, better. You could try out nzb.su - It gets a lot of older stuff for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1050 posts
231 upvotes
Antarctica
They are usually re-posted through obfuscated means I suppose. But be warned, if you are hunting some obscure distros you will be unsuccessful. For anything that is or was relatively popular enough you can still find posts.

Personally I don't bother with obscure things so its not a big deal.
Oct 19, 2015
608 posts
861 upvotes
Vancouver
any recommendation for indexers with lots of asian contents? (jap/korean)