• Nov 2nd, 2018 11:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2485 posts
380 upvotes
Ajax

Usenet Farm 30% off regular prices.

I been using this place for over a year, no problems. Highly recommend, his stingy plan does me just fine. https://usenet.farm/
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3462 posts
2658 upvotes
GTA
Stingy: 3.47 Euros = US$ 3.93 per month
6 MB/s (48 Mbits)
No account sharing
2TB Fair-Use policy *
40 connections
* After this limit we will lower your download speed to 1024 KB/s (8 Mbits) for the remaining days of the month.

Newsgroupdirect US$ 3.99 / month
Allowance Unlimited
Connections 50
SSL Encryption Yes

With version 20.0 of nzbget (15 SSL connections) on Synology and Rogers gigabit I sometime sees 25 MB/s
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5340 posts
2074 upvotes
Toronto
flaming homer wrote: Stingy: 3.47 Euros = US$ 3.93 per month
6 MB/s (48 Mbits)
No account sharing
2TB Fair-Use policy *
40 connections
* After this limit we will lower your download speed to 1024 KB/s (8 Mbits) for the remaining days of the month.

Newsgroupdirect US$ 3.99 / month
Allowance Unlimited
Connections 50
SSL Encryption Yes

With version 20.0 of nzbget (15 SSL connections) on Synology and Rogers gigabit I sometime sees 25 MB/s
Using NZBGet?

I see 100 MB/s using NewsDemon and Usenet Express on my Synology with Gigabit.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3462 posts
2658 upvotes
GTA
rebel_rfd wrote: Using NZBGet?

I see 100 MB/s using NewsDemon and Usenet Express on my Synology with Gigabit.
You win, my ds416j can't seem to put out that kind of throughput

100 MB/s = 800 Mb/s, pretty close to what Gigabit is promising. Unfortunately my Rogers service doesn't comes close to 1000 Mb/s

Edit: Woo hoo, followed advise in this article and just saw 30 MB/s via NZBGET, a new personal record
Last edited by flaming homer on Oct 31st, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2006
944 posts
454 upvotes
Vancouver
Last year Newsdemon had $30 per year for unlimited with SlickVPN included. I strongly suggest everyone to keep an eye out, good speed, good retention, and super cheap.
May 30, 2006
461 posts
373 upvotes
rageguy wrote: Last year Newsdemon had $30 per year for unlimited with SlickVPN included. I strongly suggest everyone to keep an eye out, good speed, good retention, and super cheap.
I did this last year and combined this with a usenetfarm block. I added another 500GB from usenetfarm with this special. I haven't had any incompletes with these two services.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5340 posts
2074 upvotes
Toronto
flaming homer wrote: You win, my ds416j can't seem to put out that kind of throughput

100 MB/s = 800 Mb/s, pretty close to what Gigabit is promising. Unfortunately my Rogers service doesn't comes close to 1000 Mb/s

Edit: Woo hoo, followed advise in this article and just saw 30 MB/s via NZBGET, a new personal record
Try disabling FlushQueue, that should improve speeds a lot.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3462 posts
2658 upvotes
GTA
rebel_rfd wrote: Try disabling FlushQueue, that should improve speeds a lot.
Thanks, upped from 31 MB/s to 35 MB/s now
Last edited by flaming homer on Nov 2nd, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20845 posts
31290 upvotes
ONTARIO
rageguy wrote: Last year Newsdemon had $30 per year for unlimited with SlickVPN included. I strongly suggest everyone to keep an eye out, good speed, good retention, and super cheap.
Big +1

That is what I am on right now. It's fantastic. I only pay $15 USD every 6 months and hit 100MB/s+ almost all the time. I am also on Rogers gigabit and connect only to ND's USA servers.
I got in on this deal Black Friday 2017, so it's likely we'll see something similar this Black Friday as well.

Here's a screenshot from my SAB history. Look at them speeds!

Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2494 posts
1811 upvotes
YYZ
hey guys new to newsgroups / usenet. ive tried searching about how to use, and ive figured out a gist of it. One thing im very confused about is where to find nzb files? any recommendations? you can PM too if thats easier. THANK YOU in advance!
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2312 posts
5089 upvotes
Markham
bLuPhYrE wrote: hey guys new to newsgroups / usenet. ive tried searching about how to use, and ive figured out a gist of it. One thing im very confused about is where to find nzb files? any recommendations? you can PM too if thats easier. THANK YOU in advance!
You need to find an indexer (I use nzbgeek, but easy to find them using Google).

Basically you need to find an indexer (the place where you find the nzb files to start a download), a client (SABnzbd is the one I use) that reads the NZB file, and a server which sends you the file you request (which is what usenet-farm, newsdemon and etc are).

In torrent equivalents, the indexer would be like piratebay, the client would be like uTorrent, and the server would be the "peers" you download the actual files from.

You generally need to pay a small sum to use an indexer, and a monthly fee or block fee for the server.
May 6, 2009
265 posts
113 upvotes
Georgetown
Blocks are on sale too, thanks Opie!
May 18, 2005
599 posts
91 upvotes
Could someone recommend indexer with good price, I don't use it all the time, only download occasionally. I can't justify paying $100 a year for a indexer. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20845 posts
31290 upvotes
ONTARIO
vv12 wrote: Could someone recommend indexer with good price, I don't use it all the time, only download occasionally. I can't justify paying $100 a year for a indexer. Thanks.
I think nzbgeek.info is pretty good.
Usually around black friday they have a promo on where their subs are like $10 off.
Last year I paid I think $20 USD for their "ForeverGeek" sub (lifetime subscription) and don't regret it.

They also offer a 2 week trial of their API for free as well, so you don't have to commit to anything right away. Sign up and then activate the 14 day trial for free.
May 10, 2010
772 posts
1132 upvotes
Kenora
So if I subscribe to nzbgeek, it's one time payment for a lifetime subscription? Are there any other costs involved with need software etc? It's been a very long time since I've used any usenet stuff.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2494 posts
1811 upvotes
YYZ
30$ for lifetime. 6 for 6 month, 1 year for 12, and 2 for 18.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20845 posts
31290 upvotes
ONTARIO
poopdedoop wrote: So if I subscribe to nzbgeek, it's one time payment for a lifetime subscription? Are there any other costs involved with need software etc? It's been a very long time since I've used any usenet stuff.
Well they have multiple tier subscriptions. 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, lifetime.
So you aren't forced to purchase a lifetime sub, I just thought it the best deal when it drops down to $20.

There are some indexers that are completely free too. So you are not absolutely forced to pay for one. That said, free ones are usually not the greatest when it comes to what is indexed. Not that you can't get by with a free indexer, you absolutely can. I just find free ones often miss a lot of stuff.

https://6box.me is a free one that isn't too bad.

If you decide to go with a free indexer, then all you really need to pay for is a usenet provider. The software (NZBGet, Sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr, etc) are all free.

I just posted about this in the usenet thread in the ongoing deals discussion forum, but there's a new provider called https://www.vipernews.com/ that are allowing anyone to trial their service for 30 days absolutely free with no data cap.
I tested them out briefly and hit 57MB/s download speeds. Really nice for being free.

So if you want to get your feet wet with usenet but don't know if you want to pay for an actual subscription yet, I'd check these guys out.
Trial lasts 30 days, but you can download quite a lot in that amount of time lol.
May 10, 2010
772 posts
1132 upvotes
Kenora
BobSagget wrote: Well they have multiple tier subscriptions. 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, lifetime.
So you aren't forced to purchase a lifetime sub, I just thought it the best deal when it drops down to $20.

There are some indexers that are completely free too. So you are not absolutely forced to pay for one. That said, free ones are usually not the greatest when it comes to what is indexed. Not that you can't get by with a free indexer, you absolutely can. I just find free ones often miss a lot of stuff.

https://6box.me is a free one that isn't too bad.

If you decide to go with a free indexer, then all you really need to pay for is a usenet provider. The software (NZBGet, Sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr, etc) are all free.

I just posted about this in the usenet thread in the ongoing deals discussion forum, but there's a new provider called https://www.vipernews.com/ that are allowing anyone to trial their service for 30 days absolutely free with no data cap.
I tested them out briefly and hit 57MB/s download speeds. Really nice for being free.

So if you want to get your feet wet with usenet but don't know if you want to pay for an actual subscription yet, I'd check these guys out.
Trial lasts 30 days, but you can download quite a lot in that amount of time lol.
Sweet! I'll give them a try. Is there any software you suggest that are better than others?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20845 posts
31290 upvotes
ONTARIO
poopdedoop wrote: Sweet! I'll give them a try. Is there any software you suggest that are better than others?
Personally I'd just start off with Sabnzbd.
Then once you get used to how things work, you might want to check out Sonarr and Radarr. Sonarr is used to automate your TV show downloads and Radarr does the same but for movies.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)