• Feb 6th, 2015 1:31 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 25, 2013
291 posts
62 upvotes

Using an iPhone on WIND?

Is it possible to use an iPhone on WIND? I know they have the $60/month plan for the iPhone 6, but what if I bring my own device??
5 replies
Jan 15, 2014
529 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
NateTO3 wrote: Is it possible to use an iPhone on WIND? I know they have the $60/month plan for the iPhone 6, but what if I bring my own device??
What model are you planning on using? iPhone 5 can be used but only certain serial numbers manufactured after April of 2013 I think. And they need to be unlocked.

All Canadian 5C/S models will work after unlocking. Same with the new 6/6+.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5868 posts
3874 upvotes
NateTO3 wrote: Is it possible to use an iPhone on WIND? I know they have the $60/month plan for the iPhone 6, but what if I bring my own device??
WIND doesn't sell iPhones. So, you have to bring your own iPhone anyway.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2013
291 posts
62 upvotes
A320B767 wrote: What model are you planning on using? iPhone 5 can be used but only certain serial numbers manufactured after April of 2013 I think. And they need to be unlocked.

All Canadian 5C/S models will work after unlocking. Same with the new 6/6+.
I only have an iPhone 4s. but I guess I need to upgrade now anyway.

I guess my best approach is to buy one of the newer iphones outright and sign up with WIND?
[OP]
Mar 25, 2013
291 posts
62 upvotes
hvwozq wrote: WIND doesn't sell iPhones. So, you have to bring your own iPhone anyway.
I think they have a plan with the iPhone 6? Includes US Roaming or something.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6092 posts
636 upvotes
SW Ontario
NateTO3 wrote: I think they have a plan with the iPhone 6? Includes US Roaming or something.
No. Nowhere does it say anything about iphobe 6

If you are buying a new iPhone like through Apple, any current models work.

My wife uses an iPhone 5c on a wind $30 plan. Only thing is you have to do a trick to get i messaging working (directions on HOFO and around here somewhere). But it's not a huge deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)