Using Vinyl flooring in Kitchen [Post 10]
Link to the latest post : using-vinyl-flooring-kitchen-post-10-2406001/#p33291890
Am looking to bring a newer fresher look to my home and am planning on getting below mentioned things done. Its a 2 story traditional townhouse in Durham region, and total area is approx. 1800 sq feet
1. Kitchen : Plan to keep the current layout of kitchen and get the current one refaced/refinished. Also, a new counter top, probably quartz, backsplash and some lighting.
2. New Flooring : Looking to get new flooring throughout everywhere. Currently there are tiles in kitchen and foyer, laminate everywhere in ground/main floor and carpet on 2nd floor My plan is to get new tiles in kitchen ONLY, luxury vinyl everywhere, and replace the carpets with luxury vinyl.
3. Paint : Looking to get a new fresh neutral tone, greyish color throughout, for the whole house, including painting the exterior
4. Lighting: Thinking about getting some pot lights installed, and may be some lightning fixtures in kitchen
5. Bathroom : New vanities perhaps, and some minor renos
So I was wondering which of the above task can I do myself as DIY or should I outsource them all ? Which one of these would be easiest as DIY and which ones you think must be done by professional.
Also would be nice to hear some recommendations, for hiring the right guys for these jobs. I plan to keep this as cost effective as possible, but I don't want to compromise on quality either. So would say I have a moderate budget for the job.
This is going to be my first renovation project, so would like to hear some pointers, what to do / not do.