• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2017 1:34 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 26, 2008
168 posts
48 upvotes
Gibbys B-stock has "sale ends Nov-27". I don't know the price of B-stock products though so I can't tell what the actual sale is. Anyone say if there are good deals?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1626 posts
294 upvotes
The Trees wrote: Gibbys B-stock has "sale ends Nov-27". I don't know the price of B-stock products though so I can't tell what the actual sale is. Anyone say if there are good deals?

Someone else can confirm, because I'm relatively new to shopping for receivers, but I think gibbys sale is always ending "today". Yesterday it said sales end nov26th.
Dec 16, 2006
379 posts
63 upvotes
Sony STR-DN1080 is highly recommended in online reviews. But I'm seeing less enthusiasm in forums when compared to other mid-range AVRs, like Denon AVR-X2300W, or maybe I'm mistaken. If sound quality is the main thing I'm after which one you experts recommend? Or will I head/feel the difference? Thanks!
Mar 20, 2013
24 posts
13 upvotes
Lethbridge
Yeah. I've been watching the "sale ends" dates for the last couple of days. It seems they keep adjusting by one day. I hope these sales continue to be offered this way because I will eventually pull the trigger. I've already spent too much on other things on Black Friday.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4923 posts
869 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: Someone else can confirm, because I'm relatively new to shopping for receivers, but I think gibbys sale is always ending "today". Yesterday it said sales end nov26th.
Yeah, and 3 days ago, it said "sale ends Nov 24th". I woudn't pay much attention to that date, they put an end date just to push you to buy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4923 posts
869 upvotes
ActiveX wrote: Sony STR-DN1080 is highly recommended in online reviews. But I'm seeing less enthusiasm in forums when compared to other mid-range AVRs, like Denon AVR-X2300W, or maybe I'm mistaken. If sound quality is the main thing I'm after which one you experts recommend? Or will I head/feel the difference? Thanks!
Well, that's for you to decide but read this review:

https://www.whathifi.com/features/denon ... ich-better

The Sony is rated higher than the 2400, which is rated higher than the 2300 it replaces. But sometimes, the devil is in the details. For example, the Sony has Chromecast support built-in and better Bluetooth, but the Denon has 2 more HDMI inputs. Only you can determine which features are more important to you.
Dec 23, 2001
699 posts
48 upvotes
kukkudo wrote: Im looking at getting the same model. What were you comparing the X4400H to when shopping and why did you go with this model?
TBH, I didn't do much comparing this time around. Last year I got my dad set up with the X3300. He loves it, I love it. The X4400H has a bit more power and extra channels that will come in handy for my setup. I would have considered a Marantz alternative as I love the sound my old Marantz puts out - but this is primarily a movie-watching area where Denon holds the edge. That, and I'm not the biggest fan of the tiny screen Marantz is using in their new designs. Not to mention a Marantz equivalent was more expensive this past weekend.
Heat: 159-0-0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4923 posts
869 upvotes
JustBob wrote: Yeah, I was just looking at the Marantz SR5011 (B stock) which is currently $699:

https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... r-b-stock/

Guess I'll just wait and see if they lower prices for BF.
Price has dropped to $649, I decided to wait but good deal for those who need a quality receiver now:

https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... r-b-stock/
Feb 2, 2010
803 posts
596 upvotes
Cambridge
Just in case anyone is interested, I had purchased the Sony STR-DN1080 from Gibby's (via Amazon) for $498, but after looking over the B-Stock on their site, I decided to cancel the Sony and get a B-Stock Denon X3300. I was $649 on the site, plus $140 for a 4-year warranty and $12 delivery fee, (total of $905 including tax) I negotiated it to $800 all in. My deciding factor was the fact that my primary and surround speakers are 4-ohm, which I discovered the Sony doesn't support (I know it will work at low volumes, but it was specifically recommended by Sony not to do it, so I decided not to tempt the E-Gods). I also liked the many positive reviews on the Denon. Ultimately, it was about $240 more for what I consider to be a better unit with a much better warranty.

Cheers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)