Jun 26, 2005
9960 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto

V - Visa (NYSE)

Potential trade coming for Visa.

Entry: long if price comes to 139.54 to 138.53

Stop loss: 137.95

Target: V is on a very very beautiful uptrend, I would not set any targets to sell off my shares, instead, if price goes up after you buy it, I'd move the stop incrementally higher as price makes higher highs and higher lows. (Technical stop method if you know it)
30 replies
Feb 25, 2012
627 posts
179 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Whatever happend to no stock tips allowed? This guy is telling you when to enter (Entry) and when to exit (stop loss). Enough with this clown. All he does is preach about the effing OTA.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2007
3640 posts
755 upvotes
Burnaby
It's oranr - just editing Jacks post to say that this thread is in our guidelines and is now reopened.

Thanks Jacksorbetta for allowing me to hijack your post.
Kaitlyn wrote: Where is the guideline on stock tips? That used to be an old rule but should have disappeared as part of the new Investing forum. While we won't encourage or agree/disagree with any stock "tips"/opinions, it is simply an individual's opinion and everyone should seek independent advice for their own particular needs or situation
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9960 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto
jacksorbetta wrote: It's oranr - just editing Jacks post to say that this thread is in our guidelines and is now reopened.

Thanks Jacksorbetta for allowing me to hijack your post.
Thank you Jacksorbetta
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9960 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto
AntonyLingo wrote: Whatever happend to no stock tips allowed? This guy is telling you when to enter (Entry) and when to exit (stop loss). Enough with this clown. All he does is preach about the effing OTA.
I'd like to report this person for being a "jerk". I am not a clown and that comment is not respectful.

investing/announcement-complete-forum-r ... -2011.html
"Don’t be a jerk! - Please be respectful and mindful when posting on our forum. Post and respond to others in the way you would like to be treated."
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2003
3908 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
I don't mind stock discussion but seriously, what's the stop the pump & dump postings?
--
There is no happy ending
Aug 10, 2008
404 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
rfdrfd wrote: Potential trade coming for Visa.

Entry: long if price comes to 139.54 to 138.53

Stop loss: 137.95

Target: V is on a very very beautiful uptrend, I would not set any targets to sell off my shares, instead, if price goes up after you buy it, I'd move the stop incrementally higher as price makes higher highs and higher lows. (Technical stop method if you know it)
good eye, V is one of my wishlist too. as economy deteriorates, people will still need to spend, but with plastics instead of real money.
Nov 21, 2012
20 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
V, MA. Love them both. Too bad I just don't have the money to buy them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9960 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto
sctfung wrote: good eye, V is one of my wishlist too. as economy deteriorates, people will still need to spend, but with plastics instead of real money.
nicktan wrote: V, MA. Love them both. Too bad I just don't have the money to buy them.

Good call, yes, both MA and V are awesome. Wish I paid more attention to V before. Clear buy areas back in June 1 ($112) or even before, 2010 Oct. But I've got my alerts set for this time.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9960 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto
Old thread, Visa is now at 161.18.

I actually bought for my parent's back on Jan 23, 2012 ($99.55), they are up $12,xxx bucks.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2007
5470 posts
1890 upvotes
You'll have a chance buying V at 100 before summer is over:-) It's pulling teeth now and as soon as it loses its 50MA, you'll know music has stopped.

Btw, original post from Dec 5, order was never filled, was it?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9604 posts
7195 upvotes
Visa is a good long-term hold, but would like to see a correction before I buy.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19211 posts
1700 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote: Old thread, Visa is now at 161.18.

I actually bought for my parent's back on Jan 23, 2012 ($99.55), they are up $12,xxx bucks.
Your original post on December 5th when the price was $148 said the magic charts indicated there was a "trade coming" and that you would go long when the price entered between 138.53 and 139.54.

The price has not gone below $148 since, it has gone up and up. So basically your armchair chart analysis was wrong since you never even entered.

My prediction: Visa is going to start flattening out.It doesn't really have many opportunities for huge growth, seeing how it owns 1/2 the market already.... thus it's P/E is insane.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Jan 14, 2013
453 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
brunes wrote: Your original post on December 5th when the price was $148 said the magic charts indicated there was a "trade coming" and that you would go long when the price entered between 138.53 and 139.54.

The price has not gone below $148 since, it has gone up and up. So basically your armchair chart analysis was wrong since you never even entered.

My prediction: Visa is going to start flattening out.It doesn't really have many opportunities for huge growth, seeing how it owns 1/2 the market already.... thus it's P/E is insane.
Seriously, it's not even worth arguing with him anymore about his flawed "trades". I think enough people have used examples like this over the months in this forum that now the vast majority read his posts for a laugh and that's it.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
4996 posts
2116 upvotes
Too lazy to find his MCD magic charts thread, but I held on and up 19% in 8 months and also received a 10% dividend increase which will help pay for my retirement. I did not trade this stock at all. Just bought a held and ignored the speculation.
Reader beware of his promised posts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)