Travel

Vacation in December 2020

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 10:23 pm
[OP]
Member
Dec 20, 2009
222 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga

Vacation in December 2020

I have 3 weeks vacation in December.
Any realistic ideas for going somewhere?
42 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4463 posts
3524 upvotes
Staycation?

Korea..2 week in quarantine and then one week to explore?
Sr. Member
Mar 3, 2009
849 posts
320 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Well Mexico comes to mind. 3 weeks to drink and 2 weeks in self isolation when you come back.

The US is open in some states too but the situation is quite fluid.

Vacations are challenging right now.
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2012
553 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
Colombia, South Africa or Tanzania, Indonesia (though rainy in December), Dubai. A fair amount of places are allowing tourism (at the moment) w/o quarantine upon arrival even for Canadians it just depends on what you like in a vacation.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13688 posts
8699 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Google Maps Street View

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9596 posts
2848 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
dr_torch wrote: Well Mexico comes to mind. 3 weeks to drink and 2 weeks in self isolation when you come back.
The two weeks could be efficiently used as two weeks of self-isolation/self-detox.

Last week the grocery store had a “Buy 2, get one free” sale. I bought:

3 L Cuervo Especial total: C$27.88
3 L Bacardi Anjeo total: C$30.35
3 L Oso Negro vodka total: C$13.55
3 L Oso Negro gin total: C$17.85

No, I’m not going to drink them all in the next three week. :)
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
437 posts
237 upvotes
Seems Europe is open again to Canadians, or at least parts of
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2012
553 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
Me262A1 wrote: Seems Europe is open again to Canadians, or at least parts of
Who is letting us back in that recently put us on the black list?
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
437 posts
237 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: Who is letting us back in that recently put us on the black list?
Apparnetly Bulgaria, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia, Albania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Turkey and Austria.
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2012
553 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
Me262A1 wrote: Apparnetly Bulgaria, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia, Albania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Turkey and Austria.
Ah, those were never part of the recent Europe ban on Canadians. Though some of these countries, such as Austria, may ban us as well if our numbers continue to increase.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
2865 posts
820 upvotes
GTA
Going somewhere within Ontario is doable, I have done Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake in December.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10198 posts
8267 upvotes
honestly why bother to travel right now? quarantine everywhere. most tourist areas are closed/limited.

the beach somewhere is maybe the best bet.
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2008
543 posts
258 upvotes
Sanyo wrote: honestly why bother to travel right now? quarantine everywhere. most tourist areas are closed/limited.

the beach somewhere is maybe the best bet.
Agree - traveling just sucks right now, save your money.
Images
  • HANSOLO.jpg
Sr. Member
Jul 24, 2019
700 posts
853 upvotes
Canada
dr_torch wrote: Well Mexico comes to mind. 3 weeks to drink and 2 weeks in self isolation when you come back.

The US is open in some states too but the situation is quite fluid.

Vacations are challenging right now.
How about Cancun? No, wait, there were some COVID flights recently.
How about sunny spots in the US? No, wait, there were some COVID flights for Texas, California, Florida recently.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... #wb-auto-5
Sr. Member
Jul 24, 2019
700 posts
853 upvotes
Canada
donttoewsmebro wrote: Colombia, South Africa or Tanzania, Indonesia (though rainy in December), Dubai. A fair amount of places are allowing tourism (at the moment) w/o quarantine upon arrival even for Canadians it just depends on what you like in a vacation.
Dubai? Only 1 COVID flight in the last month.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... #wb-auto-5
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2004
6338 posts
2078 upvotes
Vancouver
hoping for rapid tests to be available. Turd'o is so dumb for ignoring it. Rapid test program doesn't have to be free and could've given the needed millions to the government. Here's the alternative - people still travel and DO NOT quarantine for 14 days. It is EXACTLY what is happening these days.

Top