• Nov 16th, 2020 9:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3765 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto

Vacation mode setting on Honeywell Thermostat

I have the Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat. Tried looking through the manual or online and can't find an answer. If we set it at say 15C for a vacation or away from home, what happens if we lose power for a few hours while away? Does it save the 15C setting (hold) or will it revert to regular schedule? Don't want the house heating up while we aren't around.

Thanks!
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33225 posts
6903 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I am not familiar with that particular model. Are you using a C wire to power it or is it using batteries?

Obviously, if you’re on batteries, your settings will not change. If you have the C wire hooked up, you can test it by shutting off your furnace. Look for a light switch near the furnace and turn it off for minute. This switch will also kill the power to the thermostat. Turn it back on after a minute and check your thermostat. If the programming is still there, then you should be good.

*** Edit ***

Just googled it, apparently there is a lithium cell on the circuit board to retain your settings in case of a power outage.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TH9421 ... B001GLUMDM
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3765 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: I am not familiar with that particular model. Are you using a C wire to power it or is it using batteries?

Obviously, if you’re on batteries, your settings will not change. If you have the C wire hooked up, you can test it by shutting off your furnace. Look for a light switch near the furnace and turn it off for minute. This switch will also kill the power to the thermostat. Turn it back on after a minute and check your thermostat. If the programming is still there, then you should be good.

*** Edit ***

Just googled it, apparently there is a lithium cell on the circuit board to retain your settings in case of a power outage.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TH9421 ... B001GLUMDM
Thanks! That's my exact model. I'll call them when they open this morning to verify as well.