Travel

Vacation suggestions to destinations Air Canada flys .

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 11:18 am
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes

Vacation suggestions to destinations Air Canada flys .

I have a week off to travel last week of July . I have pass from Air Canada to fly to any destination they go . Any suggestions ? I looked on Arbnb and many destinations in Europe are booked up that time . I enjoy places with some history . I can fly in one place and leave another . But I'm not sure about driving in Europe . I drive for a living not intrested in driving on vacation unless it's my bike .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
42 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Any destination they go? Geez, if I was in your shoes I'd be looking at Australia, India, Japan, Hong Kong, or Dubai! Europe you can fly cheap most of the time since there's so much competition on those routes...

Free flight beats one you have to pay for, any day!
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Definitely Australia or New Zealand
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Shaner wrote: Definitely Australia or New Zealand
Would be nice but too much air time for only a week LOL. 15 hrs form Vancouver alone.

OP, I suggest London. Always hotels even if staying near the airport (easy tube ride into town) and it certainly has the history you are looking for. Can even take the train to Paris for a day and depart back from there.
A week is not long and the least flying time the better.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
Greece. Croatia.

It will be so hot!
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Would be nice but too much air time for only a week LOL. 15 hrs form Vancouver alone.

OP, I suggest London. Always hotels even if staying near the airport (easy tube ride into town) and it certainly has the history you are looking for. Can even take the train to Paris for a day and depart back from there.
A week is not long and the least flying time the better.
True, I overlooked the week part.

I suggest South America then. Lots of great options there. A week in Europe just isn't enough
Jan 17, 2017
258 posts
153 upvotes
IMO a week is fine for Europe, just don't try fit too much in. If possible leave Friday night (alot of redeye overnight flights) and return Sunday to stretch it out.

I'd definitely look at Paris and London first and go from there. I like other cities more but it's very subjective.

One thing to note about airbnb is that it is banned is some cities, so make sure you check before.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Europe works (hey, I want to go back there...) but I'm looking at this in terms of maximizing redemption value.

OP has a free RT ticket to ANYWHERE AC FLIES. So why not pick a destination that is always expensive to fly to, rather than waste your free ticket on Paris. If you're going to Paris, might as well just buy the ticket out of pocket since it won't be too expensive.

Anywhere that's around 12 hours flight non-stop from his home airport should be considered. Wouldn't you rather redeem your freebie on a $1200 flight than a $700? I'd suggest pricing the flights and only pick destinations that are at least $1000.
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Jun 25th, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2173 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
If it was me, I would pick Vienna. Expensive to fly to normally and perfect to fit everything into a week. Also have a look at places in southern Europe if you aren't bothered with the oppressive heat.

Hate to say anywhere further than 8/9 hours isn't worth it and if I went somewhere like Australia for that short time I think I would be disappointed.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
cardle wrote: If it was me, I would pick Vienna. Expensive to fly to normally and perfect to fit everything into a week. Also have a look at places in southern Europe if you aren't bothered with the oppressive heat.
The timeframe is huge... late July? Yeah, I can't stand heat either so that leaves southern hemisphere and northern Europe! I don't think I could handle the Mediterranean, Dubai, India, or Hong Kong in the summer, ugh....

Maybe a one-way Alaska cruise (the ones that go between Vancouver and Anchorage) if you can book open-jaw.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lots of good answers here
And many would be on my list for various reasons
Like you can never go wrong with London, Paris or Rome
(For that matter Anywhere in Europe)
Hawaii, the South Pacific, and Japan are also awesome choices

I also might want to consider Scandinavia...
Not crazy far away, but a place that not many travel to
And the countries / capitals are relatively close together
So more bang for your travel buck if you only have a week to work with

And speaking of bucks...
I think my reasoning (Lol RFD reasoning) would be similar to @EastGTARedFlagger
Hard to pass up a FREEBIE to get down under
Might not see, much of the countryside, but would be great for a big city exploration
A couple of days in Sydney, would be AWESOME
Nov 26, 2012
433 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
If you are based in Vancouver and it’s free to anywhere, I’d go in this order

1 NZ
2 Sydney
3 Fiji (does AC fly here?)
4 Norway or Sweden or Finland (it’s actually pretty far from Vancouver)

From Toronto

I’d definitely go to Copenhagen and Oslo
If I had 2 weeks, I’d go to Seychelles or South Africa or something in that area.

You are very lucky and enjoy your trip! Wherever it is.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
Thanks for some great ideas . Tel Aviv is one of the options . I`l post up once I make a final decision .
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
pfbmgd wrote: I have a week off to travel last week of July . I have pass from Air Canada to fly to any destination they go . Any suggestions ? I looked on Arbnb and many destinations in Europe are booked up that time . I enjoy places with some history . I can fly in one place and leave another . But I'm not sure about driving in Europe . I drive for a living not intrested in driving on vacation unless it's my bike .
Confirmed pass? Does it have to be AC metal all the way? Or SA alliance codeshare is okay too?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Chile! Lots to see and do there.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
Talamasca wrote: Chile! Lots to see and do there.
It's early in the morning for me.. I thought you were telling OP to chill.

Sigh... *rubs eyes*
:confused:
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
iEyeCaptain wrote: It's early in the morning for me.. I thought you were telling OP to chill.

Sigh... *rubs eyes*
LOL!

OP, I'm curious how you got this special ticket from AC? Did you win a contest or something?
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote: Confirmed pass? Does it have to be AC metal all the way? Or SA alliance codeshare is okay too?
AC all the way .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)