Health & Wellness

Which vaccine available at hot spot pop-up clinics?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2021 2:50 pm
Feb 26, 2021
88 posts
39 upvotes

Which vaccine available at hot spot pop-up clinics?

Does anyone know which vaccine are people getting at the hot spot pop-up clinics in Toronto, like the one at Thorncliffe park? TY!
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6144 posts
3613 upvotes
Toronto
One for Covid-19.
Flu shots are @ doctors offices and pharmacy's.

If you live or work in a hotspot, does it really matter?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4472 upvotes
West
Pfizer or Moderna with almost 100% certainty. Edit: this has now changed with updated guidance. Look for a "40+" next to the clinic you're going to = chance of AZ. 18+ still likely just Pfizer/moderna.

Given the recent guidance on AZ, it does not make logistical sense to have multiple types of vaccines on site when there are no demographic restrictions for the clinic. Doing so would be a logistical nightmare and disaster waiting to happen. This question has been discussed countless times already...
Last edited by Phonophoresis on Apr 22nd, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1048 posts
804 upvotes
Astrazeneca is only in the pharmacies.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
Would have thought they had Astra at Popups considering Pfizer and Moderna have more stringent storage needs and popups are less reliable in that respect.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5277 posts
4937 upvotes
Southern Ontario
My Mother is scheduled to go for her vaccination in an arena, she was told it was the Moderna.

She's not in the GTA, but in Windsor/Essex and she's 70+. Don't know if her postal code is considered a "hot spot" or not. I'm in Windsor and my Postal Code isn't considered a hot spot.

I'm driving her back and forth because my stupid brother scared her that "people are fainting and getting dizzy after injection". What are kid brother's for, besides to stir the pot like a moron then go out and mingle every day.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5277 posts
4937 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I watched 20 year old kids walk in and out with regularity as I waited in the parking lot for my Mother to come out. She says her arm is sore, that's about it.

She asked one and was told he was an essential worker.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8520 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
The Pharmacies are giving the Oxford one.
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes
I live in Western GTA, all of them are AZ.
DealsinThe6ix wrote: Does anyone know which vaccine are people getting at the hot spot pop-up clinics in Toronto, like the one at Thorncliffe park? TY!
World cup is coming
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6144 posts
3613 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote: how do you find out what is being offered before having to line up? Is there a site that lists this info?
Try signing up for your local city counselors email blasts. Mine sends out info on the status of regular & pop-up clinics which sometimes mentions which vaccines will be provided.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)