Health & Wellness

Vaccine links with changes in menstruation

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4116 posts
4301 upvotes

Vaccine links with changes in menstruation

This was passed to me and surprised me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ccine.html

Something to be aware of, fellow ladies!
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
10 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2006
2394 posts
553 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
angryaudifanatic wrote: This was passed to me and surprised me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ccine.html

Something to be aware of, fellow ladies!
Roll this altogether and another reason why woman under 55 should not get the AZ vaccine, all of this info together would worry me, but thankfully Canada is not using that one on anyone under 55. Pretty much anyone under that age will only get Pfizer anyway at vaccination sites, its all we have in Canada for under 55. Moderna is still very low supply and to the best of my knowledge is only being used where the vaccine has to be transported eg. LTC.
Mass sites are all Pfizer. Its could to be aware of this, but would not make me not get vaccinated, in fact just got my fisrt Pfizer dose today.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4116 posts
4301 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote: Roll this altogether and another reason why woman under 55 should not get the AZ vaccine, all of this info together would worry me, but thankfully Canada is not using that one on anyone under 55. Pretty much anyone under that age will only get Pfizer anyway at vaccination sites, its all we have in Canada for under 55. Moderna is still very low supply and to the best of my knowledge is only being used where the vaccine has to be transported eg. LTC.
Mass sites are all Pfizer. Its could to be aware of this, but would not make me not get vaccinated, in fact just got my fisrt Pfizer dose today.
Umm.

This has nothing to do with AstraZeneca. Nothing at all. Pls reread.

Moderna and Pfizer recipients should ALL be aware of this.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2006
2394 posts
553 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
angryaudifanatic wrote: Umm.

This has nothing to do with AstraZeneca. Nothing at all. Pls reread.

Moderna and Pfizer recipients should ALL be aware of this.
I know I read it. But this would not stop me from getting Pfizer or Moderna. But AZ unless I was in the over 55 crowd, I would not want it.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1560 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Another reason to wait and see about vaccination. I'll let the guinea pigs go first.
....
Sr. Member
Jul 16, 2019
974 posts
433 upvotes
Not to belittle any side effects the vaccines could have or do have, but most vaccines, drugs and medications will have some side effects for a small minority.
Any US TV commercial for any drug has a string of disclaimers including death.
So people will take everything from birth control pills, acne medicines and everything else despite their potential side effects but expect 100% guarantees from a CoVid vaccines.
No, this is not a shot at the OP. I have had several friends and work colleagues all express concern about the Covid vaccines but do not share the same concern about anything else. Its like worrying about plane crashes when statistically every other form of transport has a higher fatality rate.
Covid death and illnesses/hospitalizations far outweigh the very small percentages of side effects. Just my opinion.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1560 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Planes have been around for a 100 years.
The technology is refined and well understood.

These specific vaccines came into existence less than a year ago.
The manufacturers of these vaccines have blanket indemnity from the governments.

The airplane analogy is a poor analogy.
....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4116 posts
4301 upvotes
vernonco wrote: Not to belittle any side effects the vaccines could have or do have, but most vaccines, drugs and medications will have some side effects for a small minority.
Any US TV commercial for any drug has a string of disclaimers including death.
So people will take everything from birth control pills, acne medicines and everything else despite their potential side effects but expect 100% guarantees from a CoVid vaccines.
No, this is not a shot at the OP. I have had several friends and work colleagues all express concern about the Covid vaccines but do not share the same concern about anything else. Its like worrying about plane crashes when statistically every other form of transport has a higher fatality rate.
Covid death and illnesses/hospitalizations far outweigh the very small percentages of side effects. Just my opinion.
Can we please take a step back?

I have no issues with this. I have had the pfizer vaccine. Though I'm female this issue I posted about doesn't affect me. (hint: age)

I just wanted to share with fellow women in case they see changes to their periods. That's all.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3440 posts
1093 upvotes
Thornhill
angryaudifanatic wrote: This was passed to me and surprised me.
Unless it is shown in clinical studies, this type of anecdotal examples really doesn't mean much.
Changes in periods are very common - with or without vaccines. So you really need to show that it is more common than placebo before you need to worry about it.
Sr. Member
Jul 16, 2019
974 posts
433 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: Can we please take a step back?

I have no issues with this. I have had the pfizer vaccine. Though I'm female this issue I posted about doesn't affect me. (hint: age)

I just wanted to share with fellow women in case they see changes to their periods. That's all.
Sorry, my apologies, was not picking on you as I stated in my post. Just getting frustrated with so many people nitpicking vaccines, not your post. I am also getting the Pfizer vaccine next week.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2006
2394 posts
553 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
The real thing I think most woman are not aware of, and this can happen with any vaccination and is completely expected is lymph node changes. Where this becomes important is the age groups now being vaccinated may also be having their very first mammogram's at the same time 50-yr olds. If you are in this group and doing screening for the first time, they have no prior images or history to compare, its a good idea to give them a heads up that you just received your COVID vaccination, that way they know to take that into consideration when reviewing imaging.

The key point ot remember with regards to this is "Vaccines of all types can result in temporary swelling of the lymph nodes, which may be a sign that the body is making antibodies in response to the vaccine, as intended."

Do not go and say you don't want a vaccine or cancel screening. Just make sure you inform the screener of your vaccination status so it can be taken into account.


COVID-19 vaccination may influence breast cancer screening exams

https://www.canadianhealthcarenetwork.c ... 5964023D9U

Here are some key points from the article:

With COVID-19 vaccination programs ramping up, breast radiologists will increasingly encounter unilateral axillary adenopathy, as women with a recent COVID-19 vaccine may present for diagnostic workup for newly palpable axillary adenopathy or have new axillary adenopathy identified on routine screening mammography or ultrasound.(2)

CSBI and CAR have adopted the following recommendations regarding axillary adenopathy and COVID-19 vaccination:

Consider obtaining the following information on patient intake forms: COVID-19 vaccination status, including date(s) of vaccination(s), type of vaccine, injection site (left or right; arm/thigh), and any history of recent palpable axillary adenopathy. To minimize patient anxiety, consider including this introductory statement: Vaccines of all types can result in temporary swelling of the lymph nodes, which may be a sign that the body is making antibodies in response to the vaccine, as intended.
For patients and providers scheduling breast screening exams: If possible, and when it does not unduly delay care, consider scheduling breast screening exams before the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine or six weeks following either dose in average-risk patients. Women who are overdue for screening due to pandemic delays or are symptomatic should undergo mammography irrespective of the timing of COVID-19 vaccine doses. If a patient attending a scheduled exam has a history of recent (< 6 weeks) COVID-19 vaccination, this information should be documented by the technologist and made available to the reporting radiologist. The exam should proceed as scheduled.

These CSBI and CAR recommendations aim to reduce patient anxiety and unnecessary evaluation of enlarged nodes in the setting of recent COVID-19 vaccination. They are also designed to avoid further delays in vaccinations and breast cancer screening during the pandemic. These guidelines will be revised, if needed, as more information about the incidence and appearance of unilateral axillary adenopathy following COVID-19 vaccination becomes available. Recommendations regarding other COVID-19 vaccines will also be incorporated as they are approved and made available for distribution.(1)

Top