Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4227 upvotes

Vaccumm cleaner: Dyson vs Miele

First, I am not sure if this is the right group to create the thread.

I have a Miele vaccum cleaner (Made in Germany) since 2002 and still working.
I am in the market to get a second vaccumm cleaner. I would like to know how's Dyson compare to Miele? I assume Dyson's product all Made in China? Which Dyson vaccum cleaner would you recommend?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9553 posts
2172 upvotes
Somewhere
Stay with Miele.

Dyson is great, but a lot of the $ goes to marketing and aesthetics.
:confused:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4227 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote: Stay with Miele.

Dyson is great, but a lot of the $ goes to marketing and aesthetics.
ok thx..which model of Miele would you recommend?
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9553 posts
2172 upvotes
Somewhere
kiasu wrote: ok thx..which model of Miele would you recommend?
tbh, whatever you can afford. if you're able to drop a thousand on a god damn vacuum cleaner, go for C3. if not, go for the C2. check out costco.ca
:confused:
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11452 posts
6636 upvotes
Paris
Dyson lost a lawsuit to Hoover in Europe that proved that Dyson's cyclonic vacuums lose suction more than Hoover's similar design. They aren't allowed to use their tag line in Europe anymore

Too much Marketing in Dyson.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5920 posts
5087 upvotes
Just curious why you're in teh market for a new one if your Miele is working?

At any rate, you might also want to consider SEBO - also German made but I think cheaper than Miele. I got one 4 years ago and am happy with it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4227 upvotes
Jazmina wrote: Just curious why you're in teh market for a new one if your Miele is working?

At any rate, you might also want to consider SEBO - also German made but I think cheaper than Miele. I got one 4 years ago and am happy with it.
Cause i am giving that to my parents ..lol

Sebo..does it have good suction like miele? Will google check and see

Which model would u recommend and where is the best place to get
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5920 posts
5087 upvotes
kiasu wrote: Cause i am giving that to my parents ..lol

Sebo..does it have good suction like miele? Will google check and see

Which model would u recommend and where is the best place to get
I have this one: http://sebocanada.ca/products/upright-vacuums/felix/

I got mine here: http://www.mchardyvac.com/brands/SEBO.html - I got one that was previously opened and returned for 25% off but in was brand new condition
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4227 upvotes
Jazmina wrote: I have this one: http://sebocanada.ca/products/upright-vacuums/felix/

I got mine here: http://www.mchardyvac.com/brands/SEBO.html - I got one that was previously opened and returned for 25% off but in was brand new condition
thx...actually I am looking for canister..not upright
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Mar 19, 2013
697 posts
212 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
Another vote for Miele. We have a Miele & Dyson. Both great. Miele gets the gold medal. Dyson silver.
Sep 10, 2006
212 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
Stick with Miele; A family member of mine has a Dyson and I can't stand how noisy it is and how messy emptying the canister is. The Miele bag lasts forever and effortless/hygienic to swap to a new one
Apr 1, 2013
483 posts
103 upvotes
Ontario
Jerico wrote: Dyson lost a lawsuit to Hoover in Europe that proved that Dyson's cyclonic vacuums lose suction more than Hoover's similar design. They aren't allowed to use their tag line in Europe anymore

Too much Marketing in Dyson.
I think most vacuum cleaners have decent suction power. I set my Miele to mid suction power for my wood floor, don't need full power.
To me, easy to carry around, light weight and noisy level are the important attributes.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4227 upvotes
thank you everyone...I will go with Miele again...I have like 70% hardwood/laminated and 30% carpet...wondering which model should I get..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7737 posts
1626 upvotes
Have both and Miele all the way. Costco usually has a model avilable but got mine from Sears with the better power head.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4227 upvotes
is there anyway to check online which model of Miele is Made in Germany?
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2773 posts
406 upvotes
Ontario GTA
kiasu wrote: is there anyway to check online which model of Miele is Made in Germany?
all Classic C1, Compact C2 and Complete c3's are made in Germany

If any vacuum looks different than those models it's most likely made in China as they send the plastic injection mold from "old" models there.
e.g. the Compact C1 Celebration is made in China, or rather, assembled in China. The motor and all the tools/hoses etc are sent from Germany.

as which model to get, what kind of carpet? if you have a lot something with an electric powerhead will provide a deeper clean . (All Cat & Dog models and C3 Totalcare, Powerplus)

if you have low pile carpet then air driven brushes will work ok (which is what all Dyson canisters have) and in which case the Costco model or C2 Total care come with it but you can add that tool to any vacuum for a $100. Best deal right now is getting the C3 Comfort Parquet limited edition at $399 and buy a STB-205 tool for a $100.
May 28, 2012
11694 posts
4235 upvotes
Saskatoon
We've had a Dyson canister vacuum for about ten years and it's still working fine. Our previous vacuum was a Kenmore that required bags and I didn't want to go that route again.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4227 upvotes
The_Madz wrote: all Classic C1, Compact C2 and Complete c3's are made in Germany

If any vacuum looks different than those models it's most likely made in China as they send the plastic injection mold from "old" models there.
e.g. the Compact C1 Celebration is made in China, or rather, assembled in China. The motor and all the tools/hoses etc are sent from Germany.

as which model to get, what kind of carpet? if you have a lot something with an electric powerhead will provide a deeper clean . (All Cat & Dog models and C3 Totalcare, Powerplus)

if you have low pile carpet then air driven brushes will work ok (which is what all Dyson canisters have) and in which case the Costco model or C2 Total care come with it but you can add that tool to any vacuum for a $100. Best deal right now is getting the C3 Comfort Parquet limited edition at $399 and buy a STB-205 tool for a $100.
C3 Comfort Parquet limited edition at $399 ...OOS at Costco...is that the only store for $399? do they have it in store?

what is STB-205 for? carpet? i only have like 30% carpet and 70% hardwood/laminated floor..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2773 posts
406 upvotes
Ontario GTA
kiasu wrote: C3 Comfort Parquet limited edition at $399 ...OOS at Costco...is that the only store for $399? do they have it in store?

what is STB-205 for? carpet? i only have like 30% carpet and 70% hardwood/laminated floor..
lots of stores carry Miele.
Saw it at the Bay last time http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 092585--24
bestbuy should also have it on sale but it's not so on their website so maybe a PM opportunity if you are quick enough.

and no costco does not have this model in their store.

the STB-205 is a carpet brush. what kind of carpet and where is this carpet? is it your basement? upstairs? is it high pile? low pile?
all that matters for what will work well or not.

you may be better off going to a local miele vacuum dealer.
https://ca.miele.ca/en/Home/FindRetailer
search for vacuum repair centres. They should also have the deal on the vacuum as well and they can tell you what will work and what wont.
Jan 12, 2006
122 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
We have a Miele S4212 and it works like a champ. Apparently it is MIC but we have had it for many years now and the price was right. Would definitely buy another Miele when or if this one dies.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)