• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 9:18 pm
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
92 posts
81 upvotes

Vacuum Recommendation for dog

Hi guys,

I am looking for a new vacuum for my house. I have a mix of carpet and hardwood flooring and a dog that sheds heavily. Bedrooms, stairs, and basement are all carpet. Everything else is laminate which I have been using a stick vacuum for which has been great.

I checked out a few different models online and this one has caught my eye:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/biss ... p.html#srp

Anyone have experience with this particular model? My corgi sheds like crazy, it gets into the carpet, specifically the stairs. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Would like to keep the price under $250 if possible.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36162 posts
9425 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
@BitShark92

You’re not going to get any decent vacuum for under 250$

Save up and get yourself a Miele C3 Cat and Dog

You will need an electric power head for carpet. Get the C3 and save yourself buying another vacuum cleaner later
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1295 posts
1728 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I have the Dyson Big Ball Animal which I like. Normally goes on sale in December for $400.

My German Shepherd sheds a lot.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1439 posts
769 upvotes
TORONTO
I too also have the Dyson Big ball animal.

But really it comes down to the pet hair/hand attachment. Thats what you're going to use for your furniture and those pesky hairs that get entangled in fabrics. I find the hand tool for the dyson works great. Its not powered and relies on the suction of the vacuum.

If you're looking for something budget friendly. I did survive with a Shark Lift Navigator (lavender colour) which came with a similar hand tool as the dyson. As for regular use it's good. Obviously not as great as a dyson or miele. But does a great job and doesn't break the bank. My Shark lasted a good 6 years before I upgraded to a Dyson.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3252 posts
1386 upvotes
I've tried Dyson and Shark and I personally prefer Shark vacuums. I find they clean better and are easier to push around.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)