20%
Retailer:
Valhalla Pure Outfitters
Mens SL hoody Full size run
Mens SL Vest Full size run
Mens AR Hoody L available

Womens SL Hoody XS S L available
Womens AR Hoody S M L available

Lots of "prior seasons" models available at a discount. VPO seems to have retail stores across Canada allowing in-store returns. Can't imagine there are major differences between prior season and current season.
6 replies
Jul 14, 2004
533 posts
33 upvotes
Only minor consideration might be that the Atom AR/LT will be updated this coming fall. Whether the updates are worth waiting for may depend on your use. The AR in particular will be getting a different version of Coreloft that is more resilient and a small underarm patch to improve breathability (basically a mini Atom LT side panel). The improvement to the LT will also target the face fabric durability: https://csga.ca/atom-lt-hoody/
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3043 posts
381 upvotes
gregster wrote: Only minor consideration might be that the Atom AR/LT will be updated this coming fall. Whether the updates are worth waiting for may depend on your use. The AR in particular will be getting a different version of Coreloft that is more resilient and a small underarm patch to improve breathability (basically a mini Atom LT side panel). The improvement to the LT will also target the face fabric durability: https://csga.ca/atom-lt-hoody/
Excellent information, thank you.
[OP]
Jul 17, 2012
198 posts
99 upvotes
Van, BC
gregster wrote: Only minor consideration might be that the Atom AR/LT will be updated this coming fall. Whether the updates are worth waiting for may depend on your use. The AR in particular will be getting a different version of Coreloft that is more resilient and a small underarm patch to improve breathability (basically a mini Atom LT side panel). The improvement to the LT will also target the face fabric durability: https://csga.ca/atom-lt-hoody/
Still leaves the SL items worth considering too then :)
Jul 14, 2004
533 posts
33 upvotes
Topramen wrote: Still leaves the SL items worth considering too then :)
Certainly worth considering though IMO it's far more of a niche piece vs the LT/AR given uninsulated arms/hood and just bit of insulation in the core. To me it's more of a windshirt than anything of substance or warmth. Versatility to me is LT>AR>SL, though that may vary with your climate.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1001 posts
409 upvotes
I was at the Arcteryx store (Niagara Falls) not a while back and they had the Atom AR for $200.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3043 posts
381 upvotes
My SO has an SL and gets a fair amount of use from it. I'm interested in getting one too, but 20% just isn't doing it for me.