Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5040 posts
3571 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver

Valve Index Worth?

So I got my hands on oculus quest 2 and loved it. Playing beat sabers and the oculus games. I think I want to take it to the next step and enjoy serious PCVR. Wanted to try HL Alyx and finally start my racing sim rig. Looks like the Valve Index is the way to go so wanted to get some of your opinions if it's worth it. I also read reviews on the HP Reverb G2 and the HTc cosmo but most recommend the Index more. My hardcore racing sim friends uses the Pimax 5K headset and swears by it.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3026 posts
508 upvotes
Toronto
You can play steam games with the Quest 2, either wired (with USB/Link cable) or over wireless. Can always swap out the hardware later on if you want better picture quality or latency (I play rhythm games like Synthriders over wireless streaming and have never had a latency issue).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5040 posts
3571 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
trane0 wrote: You can play steam games with the Quest 2, either wired (with USB/Link cable) or over wireless. Can always swap out the hardware later on if you want better picture quality or latency (I play rhythm games like Synthriders over wireless streaming and have never had a latency issue).
Yah I tried it with project cars and not as smooth as I like it to be. I used a cable and wireless via virtual desktop. I was going to give the oculus to my parents or use during family/gatherings when things open up.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.