Expired Hot Deals

Van Gogh

Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit 40% off (Flash Sale)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 8:21 pm
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2091 posts
2104 upvotes
IMO... Don’t Gogh

Save your money at any price. This is a glorified full room PowerPoint presentation with a gift shop
HelloNanaimo wrote: It applied only 20% by car. Can you even go in-person as Toronto is in a lockdown?
Dec 21 I believe you can go in person assuming the lockdown isn’t extended
Jan 25, 2016
727 posts
1132 upvotes
Toronto
aviator_13 wrote: IMO... Don’t Gogh

Save your money at any price. This is a glorified full room PowerPoint presentation with a gift shop

Dec 21 I believe you can go in person assuming the lockdown isn’t extended
Sad thing is I live across the street - wasn’t sure. You now made up my mind. Will save my money and Google ‘Van Gogh One Ear’.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3062 posts
1100 upvotes
Lévis
Saw it. Interesting but not that great. It's on tall walls all over the place so it's really immersive.
Pourquoi pas?
May 19, 2015
12 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I wrote this last time a deal on this was posted so pardon the repost:

A quick PSA: I don't want to crap on your deal, it's probably a great value for some, but I want to warn you if you're on the fence, the whole thing is pretty hokey. I went to the show in Montreal and it was a letdown; the photos look great, but the event is a repeating 30 minute video of a camera zooming into paintings which can be as small as 8x10 in in real life. While the colours are nice, you're better off buying a Hue smart bulb then Googling Van Gogh in your living room. I'm all for creative reinterpretations of art, but this isn't well done. I love galleries, I enjoy installations, I'm a fan of projected works and I appreciate many of Van Gogh's paintings, but this show was weak, and the four other people I was with felt the same. I promised myself after I went that I would try to save anyone I could the horrendously expensive ticket price for such an obvious money grab.

You may get a wonderful photo for Instagram, but you'll spend a lot and will likely have a shitty time in the process.
Images
  • IMG_20191228_152956.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)