Deal Link:
Savings:
$480
Expiry:
May 30, 2022
Retailer:
Vancity
Promotion Full Terms and Conditions

Offer is open to NEW Vancity members only. BC residency required.

1. Open E-package chequing account. Monthly fee is $7.75, waived with minimum $1k daily balance. This is one of the lowest minimum balances required of any B&M FI to get a free unlimited chequing account.
  2. $5 refundable lifetime membership share purchase is required.
  3. Complete any two of a) set up on recurring payroll deposit, b) set up one recurring PAP, c) make 5 transactions/month for 3 months
  4. You must schedule and complete BOTH a phone appointment AND and in-branch visit by May 30th.
  5. $300 welcome bonus will be paid out within 60 days of meeting the above criteria. Account must remain open for 6 months after receiving welcome bonus.
  6. Apply for Vancity Enviro Visa Infinite card. $60k/$100k personal/household income required. $120 annual fee is waived for first year.
  7. Receive 5,000 point ($50) welcome bonus after first purchase
  8. Receive 13,000 point ($130) welcome bonus after spending $3,000 in first 3 months.

The credit card is a good keeper if you are a heavy transit and BC Ferries user (5% earnings) and very good if you use Modo car share (10%). The card earns 2.5% on groceries and 1.25% on everything else.
Last edited by Kiraly on May 26th, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2380 posts
2499 upvotes
Surrey
I would be all over this if it weren’t for the income requirement. Too bad
Aug 8, 2011
272 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver
henrik112 wrote: I would be all over this if it weren’t for the income requirement. Too bad
Only the credit card has an income requirement. $160 for $3000 spend is a terrible bonus though. There are way better cards to churn
Feb 27, 2019
53 posts
192 upvotes
If anyone is doing the greener homes program Vancity also offers rebates on the pre and post renovation inspections. I believe it is $150 pre and $250 post. For clients only.
Dec 3, 2009
836 posts
471 upvotes
Vancouver
For those that signed up for Vancity promo in the past, how good are they about paying out the bonus?

Is it relatively pain free? Or is it more like Scotia, where you end up needing to chase them down for the bonus more often than not.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9840 posts
2947 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m gonna skip the visa but the account. Seems like a deal.
What counts as a PAP again? Bc hydro ?

Not willing to move payroll
Autocorrect sucks
Jun 6, 2017
364 posts
302 upvotes
I read the terms, but just want to be sure that I read it correctly. Can I do five debit card purchases per month to meet one of the requirements?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14056 posts
18359 upvotes
Vancouver
GangStarr wrote: What counts as a PAP again? Bc hydro ?
From the T&Cs: pre-authorized payments are payments set up to be withdrawn from your bank account, and paid to someone else. For example, automatic monthly credit card, mortgage, BC Hydro, gym membership or insurance premium payments, or RRSP contributions.
Dec 22, 2017
607 posts
1047 upvotes
How quickly after you finish the requirement do they pay out? My 3 months will be up in July.
Dec 22, 2017
607 posts
1047 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: I would be all over this if it weren’t for the income requirement. Too bad
The 60k personal income requirement is also necessary to live in Vancouver. Lol
May 25, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
Registered for phone call appointment. Need a spare banking account to save some money for parent. Thanks for posting.
Nov 20, 2013
402 posts
525 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I am already Vancity member and don't like the minimum 1K requirement (or 7.75$ a month) therefore considering another deal posted on RFD, the Innovation Credit Union promo,
if anybody has experience with both, vancity and icu, pls share your thoughts!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress
Dec 22, 2017
607 posts
1047 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: It's right in the OP. 60 days. It's in the T&Cs, also linked in the OP.
Yeah I read that too, but I was just asking in actual practice from people who have done it.
Jul 21, 2021
81 posts
67 upvotes
So if I'm reading this right, finish 2 of the requirements in first 3 months (and keep $1000 in there), get the bonus 60 days later, and then wait 6 months to close the account?

Anyone done that before? How painful is the account closing process?
Dec 3, 2002
501 posts
34 upvotes
BC
ElliotT454850 wrote: If anyone is doing the greener homes program Vancity also offers rebates on the pre and post renovation inspections. I believe it is $150 pre and $250 post. For clients only.
Can’t find the details for this rebate. Tried searching on their website and google. Any help?
Feb 27, 2019
53 posts
192 upvotes
Here

It's on the bottom of the page about their planet wise renovation loan. You don't need to get the loan for the rebate.
Oct 9, 2019
624 posts
868 upvotes
Victoria, BC
So every 100 points can be redeemed for $1 statement credit, right? What's the minimum redeem amount?
Jan 17, 2010
11 posts
2 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I'm assuming if you're a BC resident, but outside the lower mainland, you're SOL? According to the T&C, you have to visit a branch after the initial online account application?
Images
  • upload.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)