Vancouver 2010 Olympics Down filled winter parka

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2011 9:52 am
Jan 14, 2011
2 posts
toronto, ON

Vancouver 2010 Olympics Down filled winter parka

Hey guys,

I was walking through the Bay the other day and came across an Olympic winter parka and thought it was the one that was made in China until i looked at the price tag and saw that it retailed for $500!! It is actually made in Canada and is 90% down filled which is a total bargain since i only purchased it for $100. Although, I plan to exchange it since its a a size medium which doesn't quite fit me... it's a little too loose and it was the ONLY one in the store. I looked all over and found nothing :( so i bought it anyways haha.

So my question is.. would any of you happen to know if more of these parkas are still in stock in Toronto? I've tried looking in the Bay stores all over the GTA but none of them seem to carry this down filled version; all that i saw were the synthetic ones. Maybe i just got lucky and found itÉ...sighh... I was hoping to exchange it for a size small or extra small :(

Anyways, thanks in advance! your help is greatly appreciated :)
5 replies
Feb 12, 2005
469 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
You got really lucky. :)

Did you happen to get a white women's parka at the Queen St. Bay? I remember seeing one there a few weeks ago mixed in with the new parkas but it was only 40% off at the time. I bought my black women's small parka there two months ago for about 50% off and thought that was a good price. I paid $252 + tax but $100 is amazing. :cry: I wasn't in Toronto for the holidays but I would have bought it in a heartbeat for that price.

My parka is a bit small on me so I looked around at every single Bay store in Toronto and didn't find any. This was two months ago and I was told that only the larger stores like the Queen St store would have them. I only saw the parka at that store and they only had about 5 of them left at that time. I kept on going back to check and never saw any more than that. You can maybe get the Bay sales staff to call around the other stores for you. I wonder if they will ship it to other stores. :?: I bet most of the parkas if any are left, are in the Vancouver area.

I would offer to trade with you, but I'm actually trying to lose weight to fit into it better! :lol: I like the color and it fits me everywhere but in the waist area. I need to lose my stomach because I'm afraid of busting the zipper when I sit down. :D :o

Good luck and if you happen to find some parkas somewhere, let me know! :lol:
Jan 14, 2011
2 posts
toronto, ON
To Kali,

Hey thanks for your help! I know right! 100 bucks is an amazing deal hence i bought it regardless of whether it was too big on me or not.
Is the jacket really warm??

I haven't worn it yet since I'm hoping that more of these will magically pop up at the Bay so i could exchange it haha. I agree, probably the only ones left are those in vancouver :( I will definitely look into contacting the bay to ask if they have any more of these in stocks and will be sure to keep you updated if they do!

Thanks a bunch!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
4684 posts
24734 upvotes
Canada
Kali wrote: You got really lucky. :)

Did you happen to get a white women's parka at the Queen St. Bay? I remember seeing one there a few weeks ago mixed in with the new parkas but it was only 40% off at the time. I bought my black women's small parka there two months ago for about 50% off and thought that was a good price. I paid $252 + tax but $100 is amazing. :cry: I wasn't in Toronto for the holidays but I would have bought it in a heartbeat for that price.

My parka is a bit small on me so I looked around at every single Bay store in Toronto and didn't find any. This was two months ago and I was told that only the larger stores like the Queen St store would have them. I only saw the parka at that store and they only had about 5 of them left at that time. I kept on going back to check and never saw any more than that. You can maybe get the Bay sales staff to call around the other stores for you. I wonder if they will ship it to other stores. :?: I bet most of the parkas if any are left, are in the Vancouver area.

I would offer to trade with you, but I'm actually trying to lose weight to fit into it better! :lol: I like the color and it fits me everywhere but in the waist area. I need to lose my stomach because I'm afraid of busting the zipper when I sit down. :D :o

Good luck and if you happen to find some parkas somewhere, let me know! :lol:
You could always ask them to call different stores. I would provide them with the upc number to confirm. They will ship items to your home and there is only a $8.00 fee.
Feb 12, 2005
469 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
shoppingguy wrote: You could always ask them to call different stores. I would provide them with the upc number to confirm. They will ship items to your home and there is only a $8.00 fee.

I should definitely have gotten them to call other stores. Maybe CS could have checked with other stores outside of the GTA. I wish I had thought of that before I took the tags off my parka. :lol: I looked around at all the stores within Toronto, didn't find any parkas to exchange this for, and finally gave up. I waited a month before finally wearing it.
trannc wrote: Is the jacket really warm??
I find the jacket pretty warm but then, I'm naturally a very warm person. I'm always hot. :lol: YMMV It is usually too warm for me and I only wear it when it is at least -15c out. I only wear a t-shirt underneath because anything else would be too tight and warm for me. :o I have a lot of body fat!! :cry: :razz:

I bought it mainly because I liked the coyote fur hood but couldn't justify the cost of a Canada Goose jacket, I really dislike the CG patch and I hate the fact that so many people have one. A CG jacket would probably be way too warm for me to wear in Toronto.

One thing I don't like about the parka is that the material attracts lint and stuff. I wore a cashmere sweater and got fibres all over the coat. I had to brush it all off and the coyote fur sheds a bit too. I don't know how water-resistant it is but I don't wear it when it is wet outside.

So far, I'm pretty happy with the jacket but I wish I paid $100 for it!! :lol: It doesn't look too bad and not a lot of people have one.
Feb 28, 2006
39 posts
7 upvotes
I heard CS said that they are goose down coat. I bought it when they were on 30%. I have to check to see when I got it. I can go back for price
adjustment if it is within three months since I have not taken the price tag off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)