• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2017 1:58 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1983 posts
978 upvotes

Vancouver to Calgary stops driving

Suggestions for stops along the way - Vancouver to Calagary? Wine tasting is not a big priority in Kelowna/Pentection.

TIA
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
864 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Realistically its about a twelve hour drive with gas stops. So how many days do want to stretch it to?
My first choice would be to take the Fraser Canyon, Hwy 1.
Second choice would be Hwy 3 which parallels the border.
Third choice would be through the Okanagan.

But it all depends on time and your interests.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1983 posts
978 upvotes
poleman wrote: Realistically its about a twelve hour drive with gas stops. So how many days do want to stretch it to?
My first choice would be to take the Fraser Canyon, Hwy 1.
Second choice would be Hwy 3 which parallels the border.
Third choice would be through the Okanagan.

But it all depends on time and your interests.
It's not for me - maybe 2-3 days of driving.September would be the time of year.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
2178 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

https://www.hellobc.com/british-columbia/about-bc.aspx
Just to be clear, B.C. is all about the pristine wilderness. Hopefully the wildfires would be put out by September. Will you be staying in town or camping during your trip? You might happen upon some regional festivities in the towns but it's still mostly about the water, rocks & trees.
https://www.hellobc.com/british-columbi ... rewildlife

Another route to consider would be the Sea to Sky highway to Pemberton, the Duffey Lake Road to Lillooet, then onwards to Cache Creek & Hwy 1. Or just spend all your time in Lake Louise, Columbia Ice Fields & Banff.

Or check out the hot springs in the Kootenay Rockies. Be warned, it's a grueling uphill drive on Hwy. 3. The road is a highway, in name only.