Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Vancouver Symphony Orchestra - more $10 tickets for Jan

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 2:58 pm
Sep 2, 2007
10 posts
45 upvotes
Surrey

Vancouver Symphony Orchestra - more $10 tickets for Jan

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Expiry:
January 22, 2018
Super cheap date idea to take in some culture!

Last edited by vivian58 on Jan 12th, 2018 2:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
36 replies
Sep 3, 2010
334 posts
402 upvotes
This is great and I recommend everyone to give it a try, Doesn't hurt to take a break from movies, gaming, tv drama/netflix and enjoy live musical performance ! You are also supporting Vancouver symphony in a way :D
May 12, 2007
205 posts
115 upvotes
Thanks, I've been wanting to go for a while!
Jan 23, 2016
37 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
never been to a concert, what ppl wear? suit? what seats are good in The Orpheum
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39754 upvotes
Toronto
daikon wrote: never been to a concert, what ppl wear? suit? what seats are good in The Orpheum
Q: Is there a dress code at Symphony concerts?
A: No there is not, unless the concert is a gala special event. Casual attire is acceptable within the limits of cleanliness and propriety. Getting all gussied up for a big night out with that special someone can be great fun!

http://www.vancouversymphony.ca/concerts/ticketing-faq/
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211305 upvotes
GTA
daikon wrote: never been to a concert, what ppl wear? suit? what seats are good in The Orpheum
If the Vancouver Symphony crowd is anything like the Toronto crowd, if you wear a suit, I can tell you you will likely be only one of a handful wearing one. After having not attended a Toronto performance in many years, I went last year and felt overdressed in dress shirt/dress pants compared to the others in attendance. I wouldn't exactly show up in a track suit, but even jeans and a button-up shirt should be fine.
May 12, 2012
696 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
toguy wrote: If the Vancouver Symphony crowd is anything like the Toronto crowd, if you wear a suit, I can tell you you will likely be only one of a handful wearing one. After having not attended a Toronto performance in many years, I went last year and felt overdressed in dress shirt/dress pants compared to the others in attendance. I wouldn't exactly show up in a track suit, but even jeans and a button-up shirt should be fine.
I know what you mean. We dressed up fairly nicely and were very out of place. I was able to put my blazer in the car and she wore a simple black dress but there were people there in jeans and t-shirts. I was very taken aback by it. Went to a gala event though and everyone there was dressed much nicer.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
2056 posts
1312 upvotes
They are also playing Brahms' no. 1. One of his best. If they are having trouble selling this program, they must be really hurting in attendance.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1849 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP, in for 2. Always wanted to go, really looking forward to this!

Sybil: You could have had them both done by now if you hadn't spent the whole morning skulking in there listening to that racket.
Basil: Racket? That's Brahms! Brahms' Third Racket!
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
Booked for the 15th, thanks for the heads up.
Dec 15, 2014
493 posts
803 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What area is the best to sit?
Sep 15, 2016
205 posts
101 upvotes
Thanks op. Always trying to be more cultured and supporting of the arts.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks oP!
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
toguy wrote: If the Vancouver Symphony crowd is anything like the Toronto crowd, if you wear a suit, I can tell you you will likely be only one of a handful wearing one. After having not attended a Toronto performance in many years, I went last year and felt overdressed in dress shirt/dress pants compared to the others in attendance. I wouldn't exactly show up in a track suit, but even jeans and a button-up shirt should be fine.
People here r not dressed up.
Jul 30, 2007
218 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP. We've been a couple of times in the past and enjoyed it very much.

Just curious as to how to obtain codes like this in the future? Is it as simple as signing up on their mailing list?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
Tempted. But I resisted since I am not a classical music fan and will probably fall asleep.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Sep 2, 2007
10 posts
45 upvotes
Surrey
rockychocbill wrote: Just curious as to how to obtain codes like this in the future? Is it as simple as signing up on their mailing list?
Yea I'm just on their email list, but I don't recall ever seeing such a good promo before.
LuckBox wrote: What area is the best to sit?
Dress circle is the best but it's excluded from this promo. Otherwise it's like any other theatre seating.

Here also are 360 degree views of the Orpheum:
http://www.360bc.ca/vt/OrpheumTheatreVa ... /index.htm

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)