Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Vancouver to Yokohama - 14 days North Pacific Crossing - $998pp CAD Tax and Port charges included

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2018 12:57 pm
Oct 13, 2011
853 posts
715 upvotes

Vancouver to Yokohama - 14 days North Pacific Crossing - $998pp CAD Tax and Port charges included

Deal Link:
Price:
This is definitely a deal for the snowbirds in Vancouver who spend their winters in Asia.

Holland America is currently having a last minute deal on their 14 days North Pacific Crossing on the Westerdam. The cheapest interior works out to $998pp Tax and Port charges included. This is cheaper than a 1 way Business Class ticket to Asia. The ship departs Vancouver on September 30th and arrive in Japan on Oct 15th with stops in Juneau, Glacier Bay, Kodiak and Hakodate.

Return flight will kill the deal, the only way to make it work is to take the return trip in April when cruise ships re-position back to Vancouver.
Last edited by Rothesay on Aug 16th, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1343 posts
575 upvotes
MARKHAM
Yokohama is one of the best cities in Japan IMO.
It is beautiful, quiet and plenty of romantic spots like Minato Mirai 21.
I lived there on and off for almost a year, really miss that place.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
I'd love to do the return trip in April, any details on that?
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Oct 13, 2011
853 posts
715 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: I'd love to do the return trip in April, any details on that?
I think prices are still fairly high for April's return trip. It will probably start heavy discounting in February/March time frame. Right now, it is being priced at $2,093 taxes and port charges included.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
Semi-interested.

I'd need to get to Kyoto though from Yokohama. What would be a good, economical way to get there? I'm guessing by bus via Willer Express? Need to do more research.
Nov 30, 2017
94 posts
189 upvotes
djray wrote: Semi-interested.

I'd need to get to Kyoto though from Yokohama. What would be a good, economical way to get there? I'm guessing by bus via Willer Express? Need to do more research.
Cheapest would be by bus, but fastest and way more comfortable via Shinkansen (bullet train).
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
I tried to checkout just to test the pricing and the total cost is ~$1600. Deal dead?
Dec 7, 2003
886 posts
128 upvotes
There is almost always a single supplement on cruises, so you should try a booking with two passengers.
djray wrote: I tried to checkout just to test the pricing and the total cost is ~$1600. Deal dead?
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
MasterAvatar wrote: There is almost always a single supplement on cruises, so you should try a booking with two passengers.
Well, that explains things! Unfortunately, I would be just going by myself so this deal doesn't apply to me. Would have been a nice alternative to flying.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1802 posts
1030 upvotes
Vancouver
djray wrote: Well, that explains things! Unfortunately, I would be just going by myself so this deal doesn't apply to me. Would have been a nice alternative to flying.
Make it an RFD meet up and start with A/S/L