[Koodo] Various credits on devices up to 199$ YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2019 8:00 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16865 posts
6666 upvotes
Oakville
Krakendactyl wrote: This is off topic, but how did you get those $40/8gb plans? I only got the Quebec plan $49/6gb. Thanks in advance.
That was a public mobile migration plan, if I'm not mistaken.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15529 posts
2362 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: This may sound stupid... but what happens when you get black listed? Do they contact you or something?
If an account has been blacklisted, the account holder will not see any phones for purchase after logging in.
Dec 26, 2017
255 posts
170 upvotes
Pickering
Strange now. they removed the Iphone x from their website, only option is now Certified one.
Koodo 9 GB = $40
Fido 75u = $32.5
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26181 posts
4404 upvotes
Hamilton
Shabby1211 wrote: Strange now. they removed the Iphone x from their website, only option is now Certified one.
Probably sold out
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19248 posts
7342 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: This may sound stupid... but what happens when you get black listed? Do they contact you or something?
Topic is covered in this merged thread.

merged-koodo-churning-shutdown-thread-2257860/
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Jan 4, 2009
231 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
souvik126 wrote: I think cancelling after 3 months was not a deciding factor. Koodo has blacklisted users based on number of phones taken in short span, no matter you have cancelled immediately, cancelled after 3 months or just churned (upgraded not cancelled).
Anyways we always knew this is coming!!
I ask because the majority of the reports were people doing multiple HUPs in a short time. This is one of the few reports of doing purely new lines getting blacklisted. I'm sure lots of people have done add-a-line in volume over the year. Maybe this is the beginning of the crackdown?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16865 posts
6666 upvotes
Oakville
JackWhyte wrote: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Try that with a $35 (or lower) Medium plan and see how well it works.

Jesus, $45 is Medium now and I think they're also waiving $40 now due to complaints. :rolleyes:
$45 has been the medium minimum plan amount for at least a year now (it was the medium level last year when I migrated over from PM, I don't know when they bumped it up to $45 before that though as I wasn't monitoring plans that closely). Only the PM migration plans under $45 are still eligible for medium upgrades, because they were specifically grandfathered in when they were created. "Normal" plans (without exceptions built in) won't qualify, and wouldn't have qualified for the last year AFAIK.

This is nothing new, of course. It's how most carriers keep you locked in - make you do incremental increases in your plan to keep upgrading phones.
Dec 5, 2013
219 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
Do not understand what methodology that Koodo is using in the back end. This kind of promotion will always come to me couple days later. I'm on public mobile migration plan. What happen to me is that I always saw the promotion on RFD first, then check my account, nothing. After a week or two, it will show up in my account with less phone model available. Feels like Koodo give me the leftovers.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26181 posts
4404 upvotes
Hamilton
pooper wrote: Yup. The batch they have is OOS.
They have the CPO though. Good pricing too!
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3083 posts
2213 upvotes
No Bum Deals
wearysky wrote: $45 has been the medium minimum plan amount for at least a year now (it was the medium level last year when I migrated over from PM, I don't know when they bumped it up to $45 before that though as I wasn't monitoring plans that closely). Only the PM migration plans under $45 are still eligible for medium upgrades, because they were specifically grandfathered in when they were created. "Normal" plans (without exceptions built in) won't qualify, and wouldn't have qualified for the last year AFAIK.

This is nothing new, of course. It's how most carriers keep you locked in - make you do incremental increases in your plan to keep upgrading phones.
I have been eligible for the tab medium phone HUPs on our 40/8. Waiting for the next batch of offers (this weekend - back to school??) to see if still eligible.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16865 posts
6666 upvotes
Oakville
pooper wrote: I have been eligible for the tab medium phone HUPs on our 40/8. Waiting for the next batch of offers (this weekend - back to school??) to see if still eligible.
You can check online without completing the sale at any time. I don't have any interesting deals right now, but I *am* eligible for a medium tab upgrade if I want one with my 40/6 PM migration plan still.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3083 posts
2213 upvotes
No Bum Deals
wearysky wrote: You can check online without completing the sale at any time. I don't have any interesting deals right now, but I *am* eligible for a medium tab upgrade if I want one with my 40/6 PM migration plan still.
Yep! (waiting for the $0 down, medium tab 300GC I8's at Walmart ;) )
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2116 posts
883 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
No compelling special offers for me. Maybe they’re mad cause I got a $10 iPhone 6s a couple of months ago.

My current phone is a 6s plus, and I don’t really see the need to upgrade, anyway. I can’t get over losing features like a headphone jack, Touch ID, and 3D Touch that you lose with an XR (xs still has the 3D Touch, but is missing the others)
This space for rent.