[Koodo] Various credits on devices up to 199$ YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2019 8:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5419 posts
461 upvotes
Ottawa
Note that prices of the phone went up. iPhone 8 was $150 on M, now it’s back to $250.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1934 posts
2107 upvotes
STIGUY wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 6:01 pm
I ended up getting the pixel 2 XL because I can't live with the Notch on the Pixel 3 XL and the camera is nearly identical.

Check out the photo of my cat in the attachment to see the quality of the stock camera app.

Even taking photos in near dark settings is awesome for a phone this price or definitely beats any Xiaomi phone and closest competition is the P20 (non pro) for the price.

Picked the pixel because it has a bigger screen and isn't locked down like the Huawei phone

Check out the detail in the photo of my cat taken with the pixel 2XL

EDIT: I never had the 150 credit on my account just grabbed the phone because for 310 (I got a 50 credit on the phone) this phone is pretty much disposable after a year if I want to upgrade again then and resell this for at least half what I paid.
That cat of yours is way more photogenic than I would ever be.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1059 posts
141 upvotes
I have been with Koodo about a year and did BYOD, but am looking to upgrade to a new phone. I didn't receive any offers for credit though, is there a specific # to call to speak with a rep? I remember they used to charge like $10 to call in to get certain things done, not sure if that's still the case.
May 9, 2005
802 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
This may help people who do not get promotions on their account (like me), the CS agent said my email was missing from one of the fields and there was a $200 promotion on my account however I was unable to see it, they fixed the missing entry and advised I should see promotions going forward!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16079 posts
6140 upvotes
Oakville
stillmatic11 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:39 am
I have been with Koodo about a year and did BYOD, but am looking to upgrade to a new phone. I didn't receive any offers for credit though, is there a specific # to call to speak with a rep? I remember they used to charge like $10 to call in to get certain things done, not sure if that's still the case.
I don't think there's a separate number for loyalty. You just gotta talk to the regular folks and get transferred. But if you don't want to call in and wait on hold, you can schedule a callback with the chatbot: http://www.koodo.com/chat

The $10 fee for calling customer service is only for doing things that you could otherwise do on the self service portal. If it's not something you can do there, there's no charge.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Dec 29, 2016
230 posts
394 upvotes
johnmoon wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 5:29 pm
This is extremely YMMV, why is this even posted under hot deals?
Your post is getting smashed by the op's reply
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1059 posts
141 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 5:15 pm
I don't think there's a separate number for loyalty. You just gotta talk to the regular folks and get transferred. But if you don't want to call in and wait on hold, you can schedule a callback with the chatbot: http://www.koodo.com/chat

The $10 fee for calling customer service is only for doing things that you could otherwise do on the self service portal. If it's not something you can do there, there's no charge.
Thanks, waiting on a call back and will try my luck.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1059 posts
141 upvotes
Talked to a rep and did not get offered any credit at all. Really wanted to get the Pixel 2 XL if I was offered one, but now considering the CPO P20 instead.