Expired Hot Deals

[Various Empire Co Ltd Retailers] 10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (Aug 18 to 24/31, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2017 7:09 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10084 posts
975 upvotes
Markham
RoyDavisG wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 2:10 am
Last time one Rexall allowed me to pay with credit while another made me pay debit
Yeah last time Rexall let me pay credit.

Anyone that can confirm GTA locations that are allowing CC payment?
Dec 27, 2015
88 posts
60 upvotes
Nepean, ON
BS, most likely the time of the day.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1522 posts
432 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 9:38 am
Yeah last time Rexall let me pay credit.

Anyone that can confirm GTA locations that are allowing CC payment?
I have never had any problems paying by credit card at Sobeys or Urban Fresh. This morning I bought the $100 CT GC with Mastercard, the 10% automatically applied, at Rosebury Square Urban Fresh (Marlee north of Eglinton). The only time that I had this issue was at Metro at 7:45 AM, and was told that I could not pay by credit card until the supervisor arrived (at 8 AM). The amount was small, $25 or $50.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10084 posts
975 upvotes
Markham
akaManny wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 11:11 am
I have never had any problems paying by credit card at Sobeys or Urban Fresh. This morning I bought the $100 CT GC with Mastercard, the 10% automatically applied, at Rosebury Square Urban Fresh (Marlee north of Eglinton). The only time that I had this issue was at Metro at 7:45 AM, and was told that I could not pay by credit card until the supervisor arrived (at 8 AM). The amount was small, $25 or $50.
Thanks. Any other locations people have success at, would appreciate knowing where :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8767 posts
611 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 4:31 am
Thanks OP! Good for petroleum
Do they work for GAS?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
75 upvotes
I was able to use credit at two locations in Brampton. I had to show my ID.

And.yes, it works for gas. That's why I bought them.
Mar 6, 2006
521 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 11:35 am
Thanks. Any other locations people have success at, would appreciate knowing where :)
Paid with CC at Sobeys at Clark ave in Thornhill
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10084 posts
975 upvotes
Markham
Midav wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 5:55 pm

I managed to do the same Pickering without issue. Thanked for posting though !
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2263 posts
3154 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 6:02 pm
I managed to do the same Pickering without issue. Thanked for posting though !
As others above have mentioned, I believe it's just a fraud prevention measure based on the time of day/night you went in. Overnight is when most people are in bed and would likely be unaware if their CC's were missing/stolen.

This is discouraging for legit customers but understandable. I would assume that a supervisor would always be present during store hours and I wouldn't be offended if one were called to confirm my identity so that I could purchase the GC's with my CC.

Thanks for bringing this up. Good info for everyone planning their GC purchases. :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6894 posts
1483 upvotes
Toronto
Midav wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 5:55 pm
I had also paid with CC for GCs at that Thornhill location, and at the Etobicoke Queensway location.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10084 posts
975 upvotes
Markham
trystee wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 6:52 pm
As others above have mentioned, I believe it's just a fraud prevention measure based on the time of day/night you went in. Overnight is when most people are in bed and would likely be unaware if their CC's were missing/stolen.

This is discouraging for legit customers but understandable. I would assume that a supervisor would always be present during store hours and I wouldn't be offended if one were called to confirm my identity so that I could purchase the GC's with my CC.

Thanks for bringing this up. Good info for everyone planning their GC purchases. :)
The part that doesn't make sense to me is that if there was a genuine concern regarding stolen cards, they could have asked for my Photo ID to confirm it was my card. Plus I'd be paying using the PIN #. Just happy that I picked some up today.
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
75 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:22 pm
The part that doesn't make sense to me is that if there was a genuine concern regarding stolen cards, they could have asked for my Photo ID to confirm it was my card. Plus I'd be paying using the PIN #. Just happy that I picked some up today.

How much did you buy?

Guy saw me buying 500 bucks worth.. told him it was for gas and he asked if I was a truck driver. Lol. This will be enough gas for my little Hyundai accent to use up until next summer
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10084 posts
975 upvotes
Markham
RoyDavisG wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 9:10 pm
How much did you buy?

Guy saw me buying 500 bucks worth.. told him it was for gas and he asked if I was a truck driver. Lol. This will be enough gas for my little Hyundai accent to use up until next summer
500 as well. I might pick up some more before the end of next week...haven't decided yet. Funny they asked me as well what it was for.