Expired Hot Deals

[Various Empire Co Ltd Retailers] 10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (Aug 18 to 24/31, 2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2017 7:09 pm
Mar 13, 2017
146 posts
75 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 9:13 pm
500 as well. I might pick up some more before the end of next week...haven't decided yet. Funny they asked me as well what it was for.
That's nothing. Saw a guy buying 1200 bucks worth just before me. I had to go to another Sobeys to get the rest because he swiped them all.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1075 posts
114 upvotes
Picked up $2k on 4 x $500 cards.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1520 posts
432 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:22 pm
The part that doesn't make sense to me is that if there was a genuine concern regarding stolen cards, they could have asked for my Photo ID to confirm it was my card. Plus I'd be paying using the PIN #. Just happy that I picked some up today.
I suspect that Sobeys (at least that store) does not want their employees put on the spot to make a decision - does the ID match, is the ID legitimate, etc? There was likely no person senior enough at that time of night.
Mar 11, 2012
345 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
raccoon wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 11:33 am
Yes, both Foodland and Sobeys accept Credit Card to purchase a gift card, accept Visa, Master, American Express(awesome).
Went to Foodlands in North York and found out they do not take American Express anymore!!!
Mar 11, 2012
345 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Arrgh wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 7:15 pm
I had also paid with CC for GCs at that Thornhill location, and at the Etobicoke Queensway location.
Any more GCs left at the Thornhill location?
Nov 8, 2007
586 posts
207 upvotes
Edmonton
Just picked up $2k at North Edmonton Sobeys, no issue what so ever using a Visa to pay but no bonus airmiles though (lol, this weekend is 100 bonus airmiles per $100 grocery purchase; I guess gift cards are not grocery). Tons of $50s and $25s left at the North Edmonton location but only a few, say 5, $100 left after I went through.
Feb 3, 2014
183 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you, trystee, for saving my $10.00 !! :)

Bought CT gift card from Sobey's. Then, bought Roadside assistance from CT using gift card. Now, I will register it over on phone.
trystee wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 2:20 am
From the upcoming flyers this week:

• Retailer: Sobeys (ON) / Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON)
  • Gift Card(s) On Sale: Canadian Tire
  • Dates: Aug 18 to 24, 2017
  • Deal: Save 10% On All Canadian Tire Gift Cards
  • Flyer Location: Sobeys (ON) - Bottom Of Page 2, Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) - Bottom Of Page 5
  • Notes: Unlike The Fine Print For The Offer Below, No Indication That Variable GC's Are Excluded - Ask Before You Purchase

• Retailer: Sobeys (West) / Safeway / Foodland (ON)
  • Dates: Aug 18 to 31, 2017
  • Deal: Save 10% On $25 / $50 / $100 Canadian Tire Gift Cards
  • Flyer Location: Sobeys (West) - Bottom Of Page 9, Safeway - Bottom Of Page 9, Foodland (ON) - Bottom Of Page 4
  • Notes: Fine Print Specifies The Offer Is On $25, $50 and $100 GC's

Use this offer in conjunction with:

Jun 1, 2006
430 posts
59 upvotes
NB
Good news for NBers - I went into a saint john sobey's and the 10% came off the CT gift cards. It was advertised.....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2249 posts
3147 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
tsk888 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 12:43 pm
Went to Foodlands in North York and found out they do not take American Express anymore!!!
Just something I stumbled upon while visiting the Foodlands website: if you select a location, most locations advise you which CC's they accept at that location. For example, the North York Foodlands lists "Interac, Visa, MasterCard," (the comma after MC suggests to me they took AMEX before but removed it). FYI for future shopping. :)
Wizerman wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 1:48 am
Thank you, trystee, for saving my $10.00 !! :)

Bought CT gift card from Sobey's. Then, bought Roadside assistance from CT using gift card. Now, I will register it over on phone.
Glad it worked out for you and thanks for confirming that you were able to use the CT GC to buy their Roadside Assistance.
jonnyyaa wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 3:09 pm
Good news for NBers - I went into a saint john sobey's and the 10% came off the CT gift cards. It was advertised.....
Thanks for the info, added the following to the main posting:

• Retailer: Sobeys (Atlantic)
  • Dates: Unsure
  • Deal: Save 10% On Canadian Tire Gift Cards
  • Flyer Location: Unadvertised In Flyer
  • Notes: Confirmed By @jonnyyaa (thanks) That This Offer Advertised In-Store At A NB Sobeys, YMMV For Other Atlantic Regions
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2249 posts
3147 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Chew300ZX wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 9:05 am
Nothing for Atlantic folks it seems - just checked local flyer.
jonnyyaa wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 3:09 pm
Per the upcoming Sobeys (Atlantic) flyer, this deal is has been confirmed available since Aug 17. Main posting updated:

• Retailer: Sobeys (Atlantic)
  • Dates: Aug 17 to 30, 2017
  • Deal: Save 10% On Canadian Tire Gift Cards
  • Flyer Location: Middle Right, Page 9
  • Notes: Update: Now Confirmed In Upcoming Aug 24 to 30 Flyer For Sobeys (Atlantic). Confirmed By @jonnyyaa (thanks) That This Offer Advertised In-Store At A NB Sobeys, YMMV For Other Atlantic Regions