TORONTO

Garmin Watches On Sale (130$ off)

Savings:
130$ Off
Expiry:
September 18, 2021
Retailer:
Various Retailers
I have been eyeing on the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro and saw various models on sale @ MEC & Sportchek & Garmin. Though I will wait for the Fenix 7 myself (finger crossed) but you may wanna pull the trigger now

CanadianTire right now has 20X CT money -> 8% until Sept 14 (not sure if it applies to SportChek purchase though)

MEC: https://www.mec.ca/en/brand/garmin/prod ... hes/c/1154

Sportchek: https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/ele ... tNumber=12

Garmin: https://www.garmin.com/en-CA/c/promotio ... NSALE=true

Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W69 ... =pd_gw_unk
Last edited by VampireJames on Sep 13th, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
24 replies
May 3, 2010
86 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
Can anyone comment on how to know which one to buy? 🤣

I run but also hike.
Last edited by shaiedge on Sep 13th, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 15, 2012
144 posts
430 upvotes
TORONTO
shaiedge wrote: Can anyone comment on how to know quick one to buy? 🤣

I run but also hike.
Can't go wrong with the Fenix :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6468 posts
6458 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I would spend $100 more and get sapphire version I stead of sport.
Sep 12, 2008
75 posts
71 upvotes
Victoria
I bought a Fenix 6x sapphire while in the states last month and it is a beast. There is so much to these watches I haven't even scratched the surface. And I've only charged it 3 times in a month.
Mar 3, 2015
480 posts
760 upvotes
King City
I was considering the 945 and 645 originally a year ago. I was hesitant on pulling the trigger on a $1200 smartwatch when I only wear it for running. I'm not a professional runner and only run about 50-70 kms a week so I really only use my Fenix 6X Sapphire about 5-7 hours a week but it was absolutely worth it. I would recommend going for the Fenix Sapphire. I have no regrets getting it at full price and I'm sure some of you who are more athletic than I am and will get more wear out of than me will definitely enjoy it at a discount!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1488 posts
2483 upvotes
Vancouver
Even with the discount, way way way too much for these watches.

They keep going up in price, I bought my tactix bravo (fenix 3 sapphire "tactical") for ~$650. And that was horribly overpriced ...

I barely use it, probably should get rid of it ...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1127 posts
638 upvotes
Wanted to get Venu 2 for wife but it's not on sale.
Jul 26, 2020
12 posts
17 upvotes
shaiedge wrote: Can anyone comment on how to know which one to buy? 🤣

I run but also hike.
I run 50k/wk and occasionally bike. Love my forerunner 245 but doesn’t look like it’s listed here.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1127 posts
638 upvotes

I run but also hike.
Well, it all depends on what you want and how much you can afford :)

You cannot go wrong with a Fenix 6, that much is true, but it is also a very expensive watch to many people (myself included, as much as I want one I just can't justify for one) ... and most people also most likely can't take advantage of most of its features.

If you don't mind a touchscreen, I'd recommend the Vivoactive 4. For an average runner it is more than enough imo, and you can also load music on it so you can run without carrying your phone with you (which is a big thing to me).

Or you can also look at the instinct solar which is on sale. The instinct was on sale at Costco just recently, and Instict solar offers way longer battery life (and I believe upgraded HR sensor). You can't load music on it but it doesn't use a touchscreen (which bothers some people) and offers more hiking capability than the Vivoactive 4. You do have to load up a course on your watch prior to hiking.
Mar 4, 2019
60 posts
133 upvotes

I run but also hike.
Forerunner® 45
May 3, 2010
86 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I just bought a forerunner 245 not on these sale lists 🤣. But I did have a single use coupon at Garmin for 20% off at least! Thanks for everyone's help!
Aug 29, 2018
334 posts
426 upvotes
I still can't believe I got a Fenix 5S for 230 +tax in 2019 when (I assume) costco made a price error. Great watch, and well sufficient for my uses.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21069 posts
3764 upvotes
YUL
I tried a Garmin Fenix last year and I found the user interface too unintuitive that I ended up returning it. It was so difficult to navigate through menus.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2173 posts
2828 upvotes
GTA
Garmin excels at sports: HR, GPS and other fitness metrics, with an extensive ANT+ sensor ecosystem.
Buy one cause you’re a fitness geek first and foremost.

Buy an Apple Watch as a general purpose smart watch that does everyday things way better, but less on the fitness side (maybe enough depending upon what you do).
Or if you’re not in the Apple ecosystem, look at a Samsung gear.

And if you’re really geeky, you have both for their different uses. Grinning Face

I’m using a Garmin 935 I got 4 years ago.

Random note: Garmin support is good. I’ve gotten great support every time I had questions and if you need out of warranty repair, they send you a refurb device for a reduced price (e.g. $160 CAD to repair/replace my 4 year old 935). This is similar to Bose.
Aug 2, 2014
537 posts
536 upvotes
Vancity
JFC these things are 1k?!!

What happened to buying power. Inflation is getting scary.
Nov 23, 2001
606 posts
140 upvotes
Thx. Returning the one I got from Costco.
For people interested in Garmin pay, it doesn't work with most credit card here in Canada.
Jan 2, 2010
472 posts
160 upvotes
Garmin is horribly overpriced now. They know they can charge whatever they want because other products suck balls. Wish the competitors would get their shit together and make something solid.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1414 posts
342 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dark wrote: Thx. Returning the one I got from Costco.
For people interested in Garmin pay, it doesn't work with most credit card here in Canada.
Which one are you returning? If it was the instinct deal I am interested.
Feb 20, 2006
401 posts
286 upvotes
Thanks it is a good deal. I am still using my Fenix 3 HR and it is still working flawlessly. I don't see Fenix as a smart watch but a sport watch instead. If you don't swim/bike/run then just get the forerunner. I will buy definitely buy another once mine can't hold charge for a day of activities anymore (i am cheap).

If you don't need the data from the watch for your training don't even bother buying one.