Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2019)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2020 11:47 am
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
MexiCanuck wrote: Forgive my question as I’m not sure how this works.

If I buy a gift card and give it to someone, and then the person uses the gift card to buy something, don’t they get points fir their purchase? After all they just bought the item.

So if I got points when I bought the gift card, and the other person got points for using the gift card, wouldn’t we be getting “double points on every purchase”.

And if I both bought and used the gift card and got points both times, wouldn’t I be getting double points on each purchase?
Use the Footlocker Example :
Supposed Shoppers has a promo on Giftcads - purchase a 100 $ GC and receive 10,000 points.
The purchaser gets PC Opt 10,000 points. IF he used a PC WE Mastercard he would also receive 3 % back in points so 10 000 + 3000 = 13000

The purchaser Gifts the giftcard... the new owner uses it as cash.

So... say that someone purchased a $ 100 GC for Shoppers. Typically there is no promo on SDM cards. They would still get 3000 points if they purchased it with a PC WE Mastercard.
The new owner - then uses it for a purchase on 20 X day - and they receive 30,000 points.

SDM and Loblaws have promos regularly for Roots, Netflix, Footlocker, Can Tire, Itunes, Ultimate Dining, A & W etc.... where points are given - Usually between 10 000 and 20,000 per $ 100 value. This goes to the purchaser.

The problem exists is you do not scan your points card at SDM during these transactions - well maybe NO points. OR sometimes there are delays and your wonder if it was scanned and then you forget about it and do not receive the points.

A question being asked here is IF you use the PC Linked Mastercard during the payment process - has it tracked the purchase or not ?
A fan of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
If the points are a hassle, it will soon enough backfire on the retailer. The public is smart and they won't put up with it. They will just go somewhere else or shop differently.

Does anyone remember those old $5 Bay coupons they used to send out in the mail with a list of exclusions so long they had to use font size 1 to fit everything on the card. Then when you made your selection and went to the checkout the clerk would tell you that you couldn't use your coupon? I have long since stopped shopping at the Bay. Not just because of the coupon but these kinds of games tire people out and eventually they just shop some where else.
Aug 14, 2012
428 posts
430 upvotes
North Vancouver
Ok so we’ve clearly established P.C. Optimum is frustrating. Make a new thread to vent and discuss.

Back to deals...
May 17, 2011
906 posts
921 upvotes
Toronto
ProjectPixelation wrote: Anyone know which Costco in GTA still carries Pizza Pizza gift cards??? I dropped by Costco Richmond Hill last week and they had none...
Apparently no one has it anymore due to a problem. I read that update here (searched within threads) as apparently there was an issue with the cards so they were pulled. Was looking in August for my college kid, as no PN in his town.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Shell 10% credit on purchases over $50 (with registered MasterCard)

See the huge RFD thread if you haven't already
Offer good until Decemebr 30, 2019

Edit: This promotion just started. We are waiting to see someone purchase a gift card and have the credit go through, however it does appear to be fine for this promotion, we'll see.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Jun 2, 2016
16 posts
5 upvotes
Hi Guys,

Is there any platfrom, where I can buy bulk small valued Gift Cards(e.g. $5-$10) for business?

Thanks,
Jul 22, 2015
797 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
greg123 wrote: So with PC WE card buying a gift card during a non bonus/promotion offer, I would still get 30pts/$1 at loblaws or shoppers? Just not the extra 15pts/$1 at shoppers?
I just looked this up on their site, and it appears that with the World Elite card, you actually get 45pts/$1 which is awesome if you also pair that with a gift card points promo!

"All PC Optimum members earn 15 points per dollar at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix. When you use your Presidentís Choice Financial Mastercard® you will earn additional points per dollar: 10 points per dollar for Presidentís Choice Financial Mastercard® cardholders; 20 points per dollar for Presidentís Choice Financial World Mastercard® cardholders; and 30 points per dollar for Presidentís Choice Financial World Elite Mastercard® cardholders."
Aug 27, 2007
327 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Fibonat wrote: Hi Guys,

Is there any platfrom, where I can buy bulk small valued Gift Cards(e.g. $5-$10) for business?

Thanks,
We've done this before with Starbucks. I think they still offer this.
Apr 10, 2019
53 posts
149 upvotes
Fibonat wrote: Hi Guys,

Thanks,
The Ultimate Dining Card takes corporate orders. According to their web site:
Need a corporate Gift Idea? The Ultimate Dining Card is the perfect way to reward, incent and recognize your employees, business partners and customers.
https://theultimatediningcard.ca/udc/
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10055 posts
6147 upvotes
Acheewawa wrote: I just looked this up on their site, and it appears that with the World Elite card, you actually get 45pts/$1 which is awesome if you also pair that with a gift card points promo!

"All PC Optimum members earn 15 points per dollar at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix. When you use your Presidentís Choice Financial Mastercard® you will earn additional points per dollar: 10 points per dollar for Presidentís Choice Financial Mastercard® cardholders; 20 points per dollar for Presidentís Choice Financial World Mastercard® cardholders; and 30 points per dollar for Presidentís Choice Financial World Elite Mastercard® cardholders."
the base rate of 15 pts in SDM doesn't include gift cards. So you only get 30 pts on your World Elite card if you are buying gift cards from SDM.
Last edited by ml88888888 on Sep 24th, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
How are they able to get so many discount gc? I'm guessing they're corporate orders at a huge discount?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
There is a gift card deal at Safeway starting next flyer:

GET 60 AIR MILES BONUS MILES FOR EVERY $50 YOU SPEND ON ROOTS OR HBC CARDS.
Nov 18, 2013
307 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
thesick wrote: What store location was this
It's on Highway 7 in Vaughan. Still trying to get customer service to address it. That has been another nightmare in itself!
Apr 13, 2015
385 posts
534 upvotes
Alberta
DaVibe wrote: Shell 10% credit on purchases over $50 (with registered MasterCard)

See the huge RFD thread if you haven't already
Offer good until Decemebr 30, 2019

Edit: This promotion just started. We are waiting to see someone purchase a gift card and have the credit go through, however it does appear to be fine for this promotion, we'll see.
Thanks for taking me to that thread. +1

Many reports coming in that Shell is trying to stop people from using a credit card on GCs, so get in there soon if you are interested. I bought a bunch today in Calgary: Amazon, Shoppers Drug Mart, Liquor Depot, McDonalds, Starbucks.
They also have Cineplex GCs if that interests you, that is another card you can load into your account and not worry about losing it.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1284 posts
1066 upvotes
Edmonton
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Thanks for continuing this!
teqtoke wrote: Thanks for taking me to that thread. +1

Many reports coming in that Shell is trying to stop people from using a credit card on GCs, so get in there soon if you are interested. I bought a bunch today in Calgary: Amazon, Shoppers Drug Mart, Liquor Depot, McDonalds, Starbucks.
They also have Cineplex GCs if that interests you, that is another card you can load into your account and not worry about losing it.
But did you get the 10% off on your giftcard purchases?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2624 posts
2115 upvotes
Toronto
AnujS699 wrote:

But did you get the 10% off on your giftcard purchases?
It's not 10% off. Its 10% statement credit when transaction is posted on credit card statement. Anywhere between 3-5 business days after the purchase.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)