Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 10:38 am
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2081 posts
2102 upvotes
Toronto
mbmbkop wrote: F#$% me! That's a major F@#$-up on my part. Are you saying those cannot be used in the Apple Store? Reading now.. it's App store and not Apple Store. Damn. OK, how do I get rid of a few hundred $$ worth of these cards now? Prepay Netflix until 2030 or something?
Sorry to hear that! You can try selling them in the Buy Trade forum, but it would probably be at a loss to you. Maybe if you state your situation, someone would buy it for what you paid.

There is also Card Swap if you have bought physical cards, but that's also at a slight loss to you as well and I think a delay in payment too.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1430 posts
905 upvotes
Vancouver
mbmbkop wrote: F#$% me! That's a major F@#$-up on my part. Are you saying those cannot be used in the Apple Store? Reading now.. it's App store and not Apple Store. Damn. OK, how do I get rid of a few hundred $$ worth of these cards now? Prepay Netflix until 2030 or something?

Just checked: looks like I cannot even pay for Netflix. Damn. Anybody wants App Store cards? lol
DAZN if you watch sports. Disney+ accepts iTunes payments I believe. iCloud storage if anyone in your household uses an Apple product that isn't a Mac.
Apr 26, 2018
46 posts
18 upvotes
Anybody know why the 500 dollar gift cards for Best Buy and Costco are no longer available on Aeroplan? I’m looking to convert points and buy a new tv. I assume I can still stack gift cards in smaller amounts?
Jun 17, 2006
531 posts
283 upvotes
Calgary
since1864 wrote: Fluz is offering 3 times 35% cash back on gift cards if you use a referral code. It's a US app (like Moola), but you can use it in Canada as well.
Cards on the app are US gift cards, but you can purchase Starbucks gift cards in USD and spend it here (Starbucks will do the currency exchange), or use it next time when you're in the state.

1. To maximize your return, you use the vocher to purchase 10.01 USD and you will get 3.7 USD back. (Reason for using 10.01 USD is to get $11 worth of GC, that's how Fluz works, they round up, so make sure you purcahse 10.01 USD)
2. Use 3.7 USD you get from step 1, and pay 6.31 USD to get 10.01 USD again, you will receive another 3.7 USD back
3. Rpeat step 2.
4. By now, you have no more vocher (unless you refer someone else). To cash out your 3.7 USD left from step 3 in your account, pay 1.31 to get 5.01 USD gift card.

To conclude, you spent $10.01 (step 1) + $6.31 (step 2) + $6.31 (step 3) + $1.31 (step 4) = $23.94
Return is $11 (step 1) + $11 (step 2) + $11 (step 3) + $6 (step 4) = $39
And $23.94 / $39 = 61%.

Also, try to use credit card that doesn't have foreign transaction fee.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, Do not post or ask referral code here. [removed]. You can refer your family members to get another 35% voucher yourself and they will receive 3 vouchers.

Above method should work on all cards on their app, but I just pick Starbucks for the sake of easy to spend it here.

Please see the screenshot. I took after step 3.
They seem to have removed rounding up on Starbucks for now. On other merchants you can input an exact amount but on Starbucks it is only increments of $5 on my app. Still a reasonably good deal.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
Jun 17, 2006
531 posts
283 upvotes
Calgary
dealz4jason wrote: Home Depot and Subway also work in Canada
But Starbucks is the only merchant you can use a voucher for that can be used in Canada AFAIK
Can you clarify this? Like if I got a Subway or Home Depot GC through Fluz I wouldn't be able to add it to my Canadian account?
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3646 posts
9226 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
New Rakuten offers:

• [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - FreshCo: Earn 3.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.5%) When You Purchase A FreshCo GC- 3.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Maxi: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Maxi GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Pharmaprix: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Pharmaprix GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Roots: Earn 8.0% Rakuten CB (Was 4.0%) When You Purchase A Roots GC - 8.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Shoppers Drug Mart: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Shoppers Drug Mart GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Sport Chek: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Sport Chek GC - 2.0% CB

New QC flyers, only one I could find (will add NB and ON tomorrow, if they follow suit):

• [Jul 23 to Jul 29] - [ Jean Coutu (QC) ] - Canadian Tire: Get A $100 Canadian Tire GC For $90 - 10% Off

10% off better than nothing :)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3333 posts
1856 upvotes
trystee wrote: New Rakuten offers:

• [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - FreshCo: Earn 3.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.5%) When You Purchase A FreshCo GC- 3.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Maxi: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Maxi GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Pharmaprix: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Pharmaprix GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Roots: Earn 8.0% Rakuten CB (Was 4.0%) When You Purchase A Roots GC - 8.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Shoppers Drug Mart: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Shoppers Drug Mart GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Jul 21 to Jul 27] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Sport Chek: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Sport Chek GC - 2.0% CB

New QC flyers, only one I could find (will add NB and ON tomorrow, if they follow suit):

• [Jul 23 to Jul 29] - [ Jean Coutu (QC) ] - Canadian Tire: Get A $100 Canadian Tire GC For $90 - 10% Off

Maxi gcs can be used at all Loblaw bannered grocery stores. I don't know why they only offer Maxi @ 2% while other Loblaw store's gcs are @ 1%(i.e. Loblaw, Nofrills, RCSS, Extra foods, etc.). They will send the exact same gcs, no matter which stores you buy the gcs for.
Last edited by ml88888888 on Jul 21st, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5100 posts
3605 upvotes
Vancouver
ml88888888 wrote: Maxi gcs can be used at all Loblaw bannered grocery stores. I don't know why they only offer Maxi @ 2% while other Loblaw store's gcs are @ 1%(i.e. Loblaw, Nofrills, RCSS, Extra foods, etc.). They will send the exact gcs, no matter which stores you buy the gcs for.
Same with FreshCo cards.. can be used at Sobeys, Lawtons, Safeway, etc. The gift card can also be used in store to buy any other gift card(s) besides corporate (another store card).

Ron.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3333 posts
1856 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Same with FreshCo cards.. can be used at Sobeys, Lawtons, Safeway, etc. The gift card can also be used in store to buy any other gift card(s) besides corporate (another store card).

Ron.
it is true that the system allows in store to buy any other gift card(s) besides corporate (another store card). But most stores/cashiers don't allow it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5100 posts
3605 upvotes
Vancouver
ml88888888 wrote: it is true that the system allows in store to buy any other gift card(s) besides corporate (another store card). But most stores/cashiers don't allow it.
I've heard that.. but I believe if you're firm and/or speak with a manager, you'll be able to buy. It's clear in the terms posted everywhere, including the Rakuten page...
https://www.ebatesgiftcards.ca/buy/merc ... 89b16bd4e9
Exclusions:
Gift Card can be used for all in-store purchases except third-party gift cards at any Rachelle-Bery, IGA Quebec, IGA Extra and Thrifty Foods locations. This gift card also cannot be used to buy another corporate gift card, Safeway fuel, or as prohibited by law.

Ron.
Jun 23, 2011
18 posts
14 upvotes
PENTICTON
trystee wrote: Thanks to C88C@SC for the heads-up, confirmed in the upcoming ON flyer:

• [Jul 18 to Jul 24] - [ Shoppers Drug Mart (ON) ] - OLG: Get 10,000 PCO Points WUS $50 On OLG GCs, Allow Up To Approx 2-4 Weeks For Points To Be Posted To Your Valid PC Optimum Account - 10,000 PC Optimum Points
Does anyone have experience of buying $100 plus of these giftcards?
Is it a flat 10000 points for purchases of $50 or more?
Or is it 10000 points for each $50 ? (so 20000 points for $100 spend)
I've read the Terms and don't find them clear on this.
Thanks
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
Grizzly65x wrote: Does anyone have experience of buying $100 plus of these giftcards?
Thanks
I'd hate to tell you one thing and then another thing happens, because I too hate these terms. Shoppers Drug Mart is the only one that has these terms while their sister store, Superstore or Loblaws will say "for every $50" in clear writing.
If you find other OLG threads from Shoppers Drug Mart, we have generally bought as much as we wanted and got the 10k in points for every $50. The points are not automatic in this promotion, so someone should be reviewing the transaction and awarding the points.
But yes, I understand the concern and get worried when they word it like this as well, because CS will just say you'll get 10k PERIOD but that hasn't been the case in past promtions.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Jun 8, 2009
152 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Grizzly65x wrote: Does anyone have experience of buying $100 plus of these giftcards?
Thanks
I bought these the last run about a month ago and I was only able to get the reloadable OLG cards, so since the terms didn't say anything about getting a $50 card, I asked to put 50 on each card, bought several. I had to follow up after the 4 wk period as I didn't get any of my points for them. They added them to my account as an adjuustment. Same for my H&M ones as well, I had to contact them after 4 wks as they didn't post, but they posted after that.

If you are not sure, I would put 50 on each card as the flyer specifies 50 for 10K points vs trying to buy 100 card to get the 20K points. It's not too clear.

Hope that helps,
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1322 posts
1512 upvotes
Atlantic
trystee wrote:
Awesome!

Technically even better than the Sobeys one - spend $300 on a CT GC and get a $25 bonus!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
trystee wrote:
A true 10% is excellent, that's the highest we've seen for some time. Hopefully Ontario follows suit. 10% is the old amount we haven't seen in years.
RedFlagDeals Addict

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)