Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 4:22 pm
Sep 5, 2005
763 posts
1391 upvotes
Victoria
Howitzer1 wrote: I just want to point out that the terms of the Sobeys/Foodland (and I assume Safeway) MegaMiles offers specifically exclude gift cards and prepaid cards.

Unless you meant buy $100/$150 GC and then use that right away to get $100/$150 groceries in that store to qualify with the MegaMiles coupon... in that case yeah you'll come out with an extra 50/100 Air Miles!
Yes. Plus the partner spend on BMO Air Miles Mastercard.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3569 posts
8925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
New one, especially for the non-Costco crowd:

• [Aug 22 to Aug 28] - [ Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix (QC) ] - Apple App Store & iTunes: Get 7,500 PCO Bonus Points When You Purchase A $50 Apple App Store & iTunes GC, Allow Up To Approx 2-4 Weeks For Points To Be Posted - 7,500 PC Optimum Points
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3569 posts
8925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
eahmed wrote: These two showed up for pc optimum app for tomorrow
Spend 100$ on the keg gc get 15k in points (probably account specific)
Wayspa spend 50$ on gc get 10k (pc insiders members only I think)
Thanks @eahmed, added:

• [Aug 20 to Aug 26] - [ PC Insiders Exclusive (Targetted?) ] - WaySpa: Load To Get 10,000 PCO Points For Every $50 Spent On WaySpa GCs - 10,000 PC Optimum Points
  • [Aug 20 to Aug 26] - [ Any Loblaw Banner Store? (Targetted?) ] - The Keg: Load To Get 15,000 PCO Points For Every $100 Spent On The Keg GCs, Points Will Be Awarded By Sep 18, 2020 - 15,000 PC Optimum Points

mathbes wrote: trystee :

Can you add : Shopper drug mart Starting 2020-08-21

GET 7500 POINTS WHEN YOU SPEND 50$ ON ITUNES GIFT CARD. ( PC OPTIMUM POINTS)

Thanks !
Thanks for the post @mathbes. Weird, I didn't get your post in my notifications and thought I was the only one that saw the SDM offer and posted before giving you props. :)

Added the offer, as mentioned above.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3569 posts
8925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
For those in Atlantic provinces, note the differences in the Sobeys GC buy offers by region:

• [Aug 20 to Aug 26] - [ Thrifty Foods (BC) ] / [ Safeway ] / [ Sobeys (West) ] / [ Sobeys (ON) ] / [ Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) ] / [ Foodland (ON) ] / [ Sobeys (Atlantic) ] - Happy Active: Get 50 Air Miles For Every $50 Spent In Happy Active Prepaid Cards - 50 Air Miles
  • [Aug 20 to Aug 26] - [ Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) ] / [ Sobeys Kosher (ON) ] / [ Foodland (ON) ] / [ Foodland (Atlantic) ] - Sobeys Brand: Buy $100 In Sobeys Brand GCs & Get 50 Bonus Air Miles, Limit Of 5 Offers Per Collector Number - 50 Bonus Air Miles
  • [Aug 20 to Aug 26] - [ Sobeys (Atlantic - PE/NF) ] - Sobeys Brand: Buy $200 In Sobeys Brand GCs & Get Either A $10 Sobeys GC OR 100 Bonus Air Miles, Limit Of 5 Offers Per Collector Number, Must Scan Coupon & Show AM Card - $10 Sobeys GC OR 100 Bonus Air Miles
  • [Aug 20 to Aug 26] - [ Sobeys (Atlantic - NS/NB) ] - Sobeys Brand: Buy $200 In Sobeys Brand GCs & Get Either A $0.25/L Fuel Voucher OR 100 Bonus Air Miles, Limit Of 5 Offers Per Collector Number, Must Scan Coupon & Show AM Card - $0.25/L Fuel Voucher OR 100 Bonus Air Miles
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1048 posts
601 upvotes
canada
embguy wrote: What is the secure feature used on the Safeway and Sobeys GC to prevent scammer from stealing money from their GC after purchase similar to the old Canadian Tire GC?
Anyone lost money on buying Safeway/Sobeys GC?

This is the first time I am considering to buy large amount of Safeway GC to get MegaMiles bonus miles + meeting my new BMO MC spending for the first 90 days.
Make the manager get a new card from the back not ever on a rack
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11874 posts
10806 upvotes
@DaVibe
Sorry. I moved my post to the discussion thread.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
1066 posts
57 upvotes
trystee wrote: I've been meaning to add this to the GC Policies/Notes/Tips/Lists section, added:

Apple App Store & iTunes:
  • Apple's App Store & iTunes gift cards can be used for the following services:
    • Apple Music
    • Apple TV
    • Crave
    • DAZN
    • Disney+
    • Google Drive
    • iCloud storage
    • In-app purchases
    • Netflix (grandfathered)

Thanks to @Presents, @7865875, @Snake13, @Alivenate, @jmons20, @ben85deals, @setlist and anyone else I may have missed from the Costco/iTunes thread.

If there are any other services, please advise in this thread or the other thread and I'll add it.
Can someone help clarify how the Netflix Grandfathered payment works with iTunes. Does this mean that you would've had to set up this payment in the past or would it work for current subscribers via switching payment. I've had my Netflix account for a while but never knew about payment via this method.

Thanks
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein
Aug 20, 2015
170 posts
190 upvotes
AB
TimelessVictory wrote: Can someone help clarify how the Netflix Grandfathered payment works with iTunes. Does this mean that you would've had to set up this payment in the past
Correct.
May 6, 2020
12 posts
2 upvotes
Tried to buy a KEG gift card to take advantage of the points bonus earlier today at Pharmaprix in QC- advised they do not accept Credit Card for purchase of KEG gift cards? Anyone else run into this- is it the case at all Pharmaprix?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3061 posts
1668 upvotes
hharotz wrote: Tried to buy a KEG gift card to take advantage of the points bonus earlier today at Pharmaprix in QC- advised they do not accept Credit Card for purchase of KEG gift cards? Anyone else run into this- is it the case at all Pharmaprix?
This rule can happen at any store, especially the stores are franchise owned. They are afraid of stolen credit card being used. It is the same thing if you try to use a $100 bill to buy something small and get large change.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3061 posts
1668 upvotes
Ravibhatia wrote: Hi,

I read about 15% discount on GC of Sport Check when bought at Canadian tire. Is it still valid for Ontario ? Cant find the link to buy it.

Thanks
The easiest way to find out is to call your local CT store.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18032 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
REMINDER

Guys please, you are bumping a thread with chatter that is suppose to have new deals only.

Please take all discussions over to our discussions thread, gift-card-discussion-thread-2020-2396898/

This post is now for deals only. Thanks
@ml88888888 @Ravibhatia @hharotz @Porfiry @TimelessVictory

A reply is not necessary, as that itself is an unnecessary bump. Thank you.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 28, 2019
45 posts
389 upvotes
Calgary
DaVibe wrote: REMINDER

Guys please, you are bumping a thread with chatter that is suppose to have new deals only.

Please take all discussions over to our discussions thread, gift-card-discussion-thread-2020-2396898/

This post is now for deals only. Thanks
@ml88888888 @Ravibhatia @hharotz @Porfiry @TimelessVictory

A reply is not necessary, as that itself is an unnecessary bump. Thank you.
Do you think a change in thread title would be helpful?

I think the swagbucks update tread is clean because it clearly states:

'Swagbucks Subscription Thread -- DO NOT THANK
Post ONLY codes / code hints in this thread.'

For this GC thread, once the active page becomes absent of chatter, I think that will be an additional reminder to keep the thread on point.

Fwiw, imo the old format worked well, but only because of @trystee's diligence in always keeping the OP current. This new format works beautifully in the swagbucks thread because there's one new deal each day, that expires before the new deal is activated, so the most recent post is always the only one current. A gift card thread cannot be streamlined like that for obvious reasons.
I appreciate @trystee's updated OP every week and find it super easy to be on top of all current deals that way.
My suggestion would have been to amend the thread title to include info that the OP is updated weekly and contains all current deals, and to continue to allow discussion here.

Just my $0.02

Edit: Apologies @DaVibe , this belongs in the companion thread. My bad.
Nov 26, 2014
257 posts
185 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
TimelessVictory wrote: Can someone help clarify how the Netflix Grandfathered payment works with iTunes. Does this mean that you would've had to set up this payment in the past or would it work for current subscribers via switching payment. I've had my Netflix account for a while but never knew about payment via this method.

Thanks
yes. Mine works with netflix

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

hairyco