Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2020)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 7:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3558 posts
8885 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
New Rakuten ones (note the Tim Hortons one, haven't seen that one this year yet):

• [Sep 15 to Sep 21] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Home Depot: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Home Depot GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Sep 15 to Sep 21] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Mastermind Toys: Earn 6.0% Rakuten CB (Was 3.0%) When You Purchase A Mastermind Toys GC- 6.0% CB
  • [Sep 15 to Sep 21] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Pharmaprix: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Pharmaprix GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Sep 15 to Sep 21] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Pizza Pizza: Earn 8.0% Rakuten CB (Was 4.0%) When You Purchase A Pizza Pizza GC - 8.0% CB
  • [Sep 15 to Sep 21] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Shoppers Drug Mart: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Shoppers Drug Mart GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Sep 15 to Sep 21] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - The Keg: Earn 6.0% Rakuten CB (Was 3.0%) When You Purchase A The Keg GC - 6.0% CB
  • [Sep 15 to Sep 21] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Tim Hortons: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Tim Hortons GC - 2.0% CB

Off to check the QC flyers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3558 posts
8885 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Only promo I could find for QC:

• [Sep 17 to Sep 23] - [ Jean Coutu (QC) ] - Canadian Tire: Get A $100 Canadian Tire GC For $90, Limit 3 Per Customer - 10% Off

Note: last time I assumed that NB and ON would also get this offer but they did not. Will add NB and ON tomorrow, if applicable.
Sep 5, 2015
2 posts
3 upvotes
Nepean, ON
DaVibe wrote: No, this is incorrect (and the only reason I'm not posting a DEAL here - No discussions allowed!)

It's right on the FAQ's on the Cadillac Fairview website,

Do CF SHOP! card gift cards ever expire?
CF SHOP! card gift cards do not expire.

CF SHOP! card gift cards purchased on and/or after July 6, 2015 are not subject to any Account Maintenance Fee. Cards that were purchased on and/or before July 5, 2015 may be subject to a monthly Account Maintenance Fee. Please visit cfregister.ca or call 1-800-755-8608 for full Terms + Conditions directly related to your card. During regular business hours, you can visit any CF mall Guest Services

Yes, there is an activation fee, which we have discussed in the Moola thread, but there is no expiry.
I've had Oxford Gift Cards sitting for 2 years now and there's no additional fees. They say there's no fees, there's no fees.
It is great that Cadillac Fairview and Oxford do not apply fees, I was just pointing out the regulations that Ontario has for shopping mall gift cards.
I think the wording on the Ontario website is that the Mall owners "can" charge extra fees.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3558 posts
8885 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks to rp@SC for the early flyer, added:

• [Sep 18 to Sep 24] - [ Rexall ] - Canadian Tire: Get A Bonus $25 Canadian Tire GC When You Purchase $300 In Canadian Tire GCs - Bonus $25 CT GC
Mar 21, 2011
459 posts
356 upvotes
Sobeys urban fresh has the following gift cards promo
Spend 50$ on the following gc and get a 10$ Sobeys gift card
Foot locker
Home hardware
Bed bath and beyond
Probably same at Sobeys and food land
Images
  • Screenshot_20200916-000114.png
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3558 posts
8885 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
eahmed wrote: Sobeys urban fresh has the following gift cards promo
Spend 50$ on the following gc and get a 10$ Sobeys gift card
Foot locker
Home hardware
Bed bath and beyond
Probably same at Sobeys and food land

Thanks @eahmed, confirmed other locations nationwide (Sobeys and Foodland Atlantic tomorrow), added:

• [Sep 17 to Sep 23] - [ Thrifty Foods (BC) ] / [ Safeway ] / [ Sobeys (West) ] / [ Sobeys (ON) ] / [ Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) ] / [ Sobeys Kosher (ON) ] / [ Foodland (ON) ] - Footlocker/Bed Bath & Beyond/Home Hardware: Spend $50 On Footlocker, Bed Bath & Beyond Or Home Hardware GCs & Get A Free $10 Sobeys Brand GC - Bonus $10 Sobeys Brand GC

Note: followup on the Jean Coutu (QC) and Canadian Tire promo - N/A for ON and NB.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44320 posts
4893 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DMac90 wrote: Groupon is offering 10% off of Lowe's e-gift cards. Limit of 1 per person so ok if you're spending around that amount to save yourself an extra $5.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-lowes?p ... 0_20200916
Looks like it's US only? And sold out anyways.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1230 posts
1332 upvotes
Atlantic
trystee wrote: Note: followup on the Jean Coutu (QC) and Canadian Tire promo - N/A for ON and NB.
Super disappointed........but then again they've done this previously.

At least Rexall has some.
Jul 13, 2015
192 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
Just received an email from UGO Wallet, probably YMMV but the offer is, "Get a $10 Amazon.ca Gift Card- just use any card in your UGO Wallet!"
Nov 22, 2004
561 posts
1422 upvotes
DMac90 wrote: Just received an email from UGO Wallet, probably YMMV but the offer is, "Get a $10 Amazon.ca Gift Card- just use any card in your UGO Wallet!"
I just got this too, and I'm new to this type of offer. What does it exactly mean to use a card in my UGO Wallet? If one of my membership cards is scanned (like my Costco card), does that mean my UGO Wallet was used?
PSN: mwatcher
XBL: LionChi
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3558 posts
8885 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks @DMac90 and @mwatcher for the heads-up and @needmoremoola for the details and thread with discussion, added:

• [Sep 18 to Sep 24] - [ UGO ] - Amazon.ca: Get A Bonus $10 Amazon.ca eGC When You Use Any Card In Your UGO Wallet By Sep 24, 2020, Bonus eGC Will Arrive In App By Sep 28, 2020, Limit 1 Per Customer, While Supplies Last Or Until Sep 24, 2020 - Bonus $10 Amazon.ca eGC

Thanks @balaca for the original thread and @NakedAngel for the info merged into said thread, separated by campaign & added:

• [Sep 17 to Sep 30] - [ RBC Rewards ] - Select GCs: Save 30% On Select GCs From Door Dash, Landmark Cinemas & More - 30% Off Redemption
  • [Sep 17 to Sep 30] - [ RBC Rewards ] - Select GCs: Save 30% On Select GCs From Oxford Properties, Harry Rosen & More - 30% Off Redemption
  • [Sep 17 to Sep 30] - [ RBC Rewards ] - Select GCs: Save 30% On Select GCs From Sporting Life, The Source & More - 30% Off Redemption

New ones:

• [Sep 22 to Sep 28] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Atmosphere: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase An Atmosphere GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Sep 22 to Sep 28] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Canadian Tire: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Canadian Tire GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Sep 22 to Sep 28] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Roots: Earn 8.0% Rakuten CB (Was 4.0%) When You Purchase A Roots GC - 8.0% CB
  • [Sep 22 to Sep 28] - [ Rakuten GC Shop ] - Sport Chek: Earn 2.0% Rakuten CB (Was 1.0%) When You Purchase A Sport Chek GC - 2.0% CB
  • [Sep 24 to Sep 30] - [ Jean Coutu (QC) ] - Ardene: Get A $25 Ardene GC For $20 - 20% Off
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3558 posts
8885 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
New ones:

• [Sep 25 to Oct 01] - [ Jean Coutu (ON/NB) ] - Ardene: Get A $25 Ardene GC For $20 - 20% Off
  • [Sep 24 to Oct 28] - [ Safeway ] / [ Sobeys (West) ] / [ IGA (West) ] / [ Sobeys (ON) ] - [ Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) ] - Sobeys Branded: Buy Any 3 Participating Dempster's, Villaggio, Takis, Sara Lee, Hostess & Vachon Products And Get A $5 Sobeys Brand GC, Limit 1 Sobeys GC Per Customer, While Supplies Last - $5 Sobeys Brand GC

Note: per the fine print, the Sobeys promo only applies to Sobeys, Safeway and IGA (West). I'll update Sobeys (Atlantic), if applicable. Not available for Foodland (Atlantic), Foodland (ON) and Thrifty Foods (BC).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3558 posts
8885 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
New one:

• [Sep 26 to Oct 02] - [ Shoppers Drug Mart ] / [ Pharmaprix (QC) ] - DoorDash: Get 5,000 PCO Bonus Points WUS $50 On DoorDash GCs, Points Posted Within 2 To 4 Weeks - 5,000 PC Optimum Points

As promised, Sobeys (Atlantic) added to promo posted yesterday:

• [Sep 24 to Oct 28] - [ Safeway ] / [ Sobeys (West) ] / [ IGA (West) ] / [ Sobeys (ON) ] / [ Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) / [ Sobeys (Atlantic) ] - Sobeys Branded: Buy Any 3 Participating Dempster's, Villaggio, Takis, Sara Lee, Hostess & Vachon Products And Get A $5 Sobeys Brand GC, Limit 1 Sobeys GC Per Customer, While Supplies Last - $5 Sobeys Brand GC