Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2021)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2021 12:04 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3697 posts
9594 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd

Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2021)

Retailer:
Various Retailers
* * * Gift Card Deals And Discounts ONLY * * *


Please post any Gift Card questions and comments in the Gift Card Discussion thread.

As mentioned and voted upon in the Gift Card Discussion thread, I have created the 2021 Gift Card Deals And Discounts thread but will NOT be updating the main post (ie. #1) due to time limitations.

Please feel free to post any Gift Card offers in this thread. If a summary of the posts is wanted, also feel free to add the offer in the Thread Summary for quick reference. If there is a need for a standardized format for copying/editing/pasting, the template located in the Thread Summary may be used.

The success of this thread will lie on the contributions and maintenance of the Thread Summary list by members.

Thanks all and here's to a better 2021.

trystee
Thread Summary
Template: [Start Date to End Date] - [Retailer] - [Gift Card Name(s)] - [Details]

[Jan 8 to ?] - [ Newegg (Canada) ] - Nintendo eShop: Get A $35 Nintendo eShop eGC For $32.50 7.14% Off
[Jan 2 - Jan 8] - Shoppers Drug Mart - Netflix $50.00 get 7,500 PC OPTIMUM POINTS
[Jan 7 - 13] - [ Metro (ON) ] - XBox, Playstation, Nintendo: Get 20 Bonus Air Miles when you buy a $49.99 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, $50 Nintendo, or $69.99 PlayStation Plus GC - 20 BAM
[Feb 11 to Feb 17] - [ Food Basics ] - Indigo / Chapters: Buy a $50 GC for $40. $10 off (aka 20% discount) (Page 10 of Eastern Canada flyer)
[Feb 1 to Feb 14] - [ Petsmart.ca ] - Buy a GC (min $25), and get a $5 Bonus eGC. Valid from Feb15 - Feb28. Limit 5 bonus cards per transaction, but you can do several transactions.20% rebate

[Mar 18 - 24] - [ Sobeys (ON) ] - Get 100 Bonus AirMiles on a purchase of $150 of Sobeys brand gift cards - 100 Bonus AirMiles
[Mar 20 - 26] - [ Shoppers Drug Mart (ON) ] - Get 5,000 PC Optimum points for every $50 spent on Happy Him or Happy Her gift cards - 5,000 PC Optimum Points

[Mar 25 to Apr 04] - [ Petsmart.ca ] - Buy a GC (min $50), and get a $10 Bonus eGC. Bonus card usable from Apr 5 - Apr 18. Limit 5 bonus cards per transaction, but you can do several transactions. You can use multiple bonus cards in 1 transaction online (they're treated as regular GCs) 20% rebate
184 replies
Member
Nov 26, 2014
273 posts
202 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Costco has Nintendo 4*25 for 89.99
Last edited by webants on Jan 30th, 2021 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Aug 14, 2014
647 posts
510 upvotes
Thanks trystee for all the work you've done for us!
Newbie
Sep 25, 2015
43 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto, ON
[Jan 05 to ?] - [ Moola App ] - DoorDash: Get 15% Off DoorDash eGCs - 15% Off
Received an e-mail announcing DoorDash as a "weekly deal":
moola doordash.png
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15873 posts
13090 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Thanks to @trystee for all they did last year in 2020 GC Thread
And for kick starting this one for 2021

YES FOLKS ... Hosting in a big time commitment that requires oodles of dedication

So with Trystee not hosting the format will no doubt be a bit different, but we can all make it work for each other
I offer then a few tips that others using this MegaThread for 2021 might find helpful

TIPS & TRICKS

All RFD Threads are SEARCHABLE
Just look for the SEARCH THIS THREAD prompt at the top of the page above the 1st post / reply

Also a great deal of GCs Promotions are advertised in weekly flyers ... print or digital
I find Flipp to be a great source for ACCURATE INFO

The website that shall remain nameless on RFD (you are all “Wise Cdns” and will figure it out)
Has bootleg early copies of flyers ... but isn’t always accurate until the official flyer is released

BUT ... it’s a great website after the fact to find archived past flyers with GC Promotions
A question that seems to come up often over on the GC Discussion thread
“Anyone remember the details of the GC Offer for ABC from Retailer XYZ back when ?”

Cheers!
Points Hubby
* @trystee / RFD Mods realize this is “chit chat” ... so feel free to relocate my post to part of the OP or into a PLACE HOLDER spot
Newbie
Sep 25, 2015
43 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto, ON
[Jan 7 - 13] - [ Metro (ON) ] - XBox, Playstation, Nintendo: Get 20 Bonus Air Miles when you buy a $49.99 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, $50 Nintendo, or $69.99 PlayStation Plus GC - 20 BAM
Images
  • metro.png
Member
Jun 28, 2015
302 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PointsHubby wrote: The website that shall remain nameless on RFD (you are all “Wise Cdns” and will figure it out)
Has bootleg early copies of flyers ... but isn’t always accurate until the official flyer is released

BUT ... it’s a great website after the fact to find archived past flyers with GC Promotions
A question that seems to come up often over on the GC Discussion thread
“Anyone remember the details of the GC Offer for ABC from Retailer XYZ back when ?”
I won't ask the name, but now I'm really curious why it's banned from RFD...
Sr. Member
Nov 11, 2006
994 posts
466 upvotes
mhall1 wrote: I won't ask the name, but now I'm really curious why it's banned from RFD...
VerticalScope (majority owned by TorStar) doesn't like competition.
Newbie
Nov 21, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
Moola noob here. Would Moola (and this thread) be the best place for me to stalk Indigo GC deals? I missed out on their $100 GC for $85, and $250 for $200 last year.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15873 posts
13090 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
JAN 8th thru JAN 10th
SOBEYS (BC / AB / SK / MB / ON)
Spend $ 125+ @ Sobeys on ALMOST Anything / Qualifying Purchases
And get a $ 10 Sobeys GC — OR — 100 Bonus AirMiles

JAN 8th thru JAN 10th
SAFEWAY (BC / AB / SK / MB)
Spend $ 125+ @ Safeway on ALMOST Anything / Qualifying Purchases
And get a $ 10 Sobeys / Safeway GC — OR — 100 Bonus AirMiles

JAN 8th thru JAN 10th
SOBEYS (Atlantic)
Spend $ 125+ @ Sobeys on ALMOST Anything / Qualifying Purchases
And get a 20 Cents Off / Litre Fuel Coupon — OR — 100 Bonus AirMiles


@trystee ... I tried to find the format you have used in the past for this type of offer, so I could add it to the Thread Summary
But sadly, had no such luck 🥲
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I know these offers come round a few times a year
And I would like to be able to post here using the proper format going forward for 2021 ... with all the colours etc
Thx
Member
Jan 26, 2011
281 posts
787 upvotes
Checked to see if Newegg's Nintendo eShop gift card was still active, it still is and now added to thread summary Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3697 posts
9594 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
PointsHubby wrote: @trystee ... I tried to find the format you have used in the past for this type of offer, so I could add it to the Thread Summary
But sadly, had no such luck 🥲
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I know these offers come round a few times a year
And I would like to be able to post here using the proper format going forward for 2021 ... with all the colours etc
Thx
Thanks for wanting to use the same colour scheme from past threads @PointsHubby to the Thread Summary and follow those that have already done so.

In 2020, I deleted all promos that expired instead of moving them to an Expired Promo section like 2018's thread per request from the community. If you want to use the colour format from 2018's expired promos (posts 5 to 12), feel free to use them.

Please note: since they've been Expired, I used a strikethrough on each line, so you'll have to remove the [ s ][ /s ] from each of the lines.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15873 posts
13090 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
trystee wrote: Thanks for wanting to use the same colour scheme from past threads @PointsHubby to the Thread Summary and follow those that have already done so.

In 2020, I deleted all promos that expired instead of moving them to an Expired Promo section like 2018's thread per request from the community. If you want to use the colour format from 2018's expired promos (posts 5 to 12), feel free to use them.

Please note: since they've been Expired, I used a strikethrough on each line, so you'll have to remove the [ s ][ /s ] from each of the lines.
Thanks for the info. I will take a look.

And ... you taught me something new ... the strike-thru coding [ s ][ /s]

Lol here I was thinking it was some sort of fancy font ... a font I clearly couldn’t find
:facepalm:

Of course now that it’s written out ... it makes PERFECT SENSE
Font treatments ... Bold italics underlined or struck through
Newbie
Sep 5, 2015
5 posts
8 upvotes
Nepean, ON
trystee wrote: * * * Gift Card Deals And Discounts ONLY * * *


Please post any Gift Card questions and comments in the Gift Card Discussion thread.

As mentioned and voted upon in the Gift Card Discussion thread, I have created the 2021 Gift Card Deals And Discounts thread but will NOT be updating the main post (ie. #1) due to time limitations.

Please feel free to post any Gift Card offers in this thread. If a summary of the posts is wanted, also feel free to add the offer in the Thread Summary for quick reference. If there is a need for a standardized format for copying/editing/pasting, the template located in the Thread Summary may be used.

The success of this thread will lie on the contributions and maintenance of the Thread Summary list by members.

Thanks all and here's to a better 2021.

trystee
Great job with the board @trystee Happy New Year to everyone. I try and sign up for all kinds of retailers and restaurants but this board is good to find the deals that i did not know about it.
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2018
693 posts
823 upvotes
Moola has Sportcheck, Footlocker, Running room, and Champs Sports for 15% off $100 Card limit 1 so $85 Each
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 28, 2013
696 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I think Perk Hero the App got some good deals. Nintendo GC at 10% off for example.

Top