Various Retailers

Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2022 10:29 am
Nov 26, 2014
314 posts
232 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
arkangil wrote: Is there a way to use PC Points to buy an IPad somewhere or somehow?
Here is the way:
Buy some appliance at superstore and return it.
Most likely they will refund you to your bank accout.
Then buy ipad somewhere with your bank accout.
Bingo!
Oct 8, 2007
375 posts
325 upvotes
Ontario
Would they really refund to cash instead of back on points or whatever? I feel like that’s a risk of them giving a store gift card, which is arguably worse than points!
Nov 24, 2021
91 posts
45 upvotes
mhall1 wrote: You can only get 45 days of points transaction history via the app or web site, so make sure to keep your receipt. I got burned by that before.
Practically every time I shop at Superstore I have to submit a points inquiry afterwards because I am shorted on points for food items. Sometimes they reject the initial inquiry and when I pursue it further they usually ask for a scan of the receipt. I think their customer service department is in the Philippines which leads to misunderstandings due to the language barrier as well. ALWAYS save PC Optimum receipts. The points program is almost more hassle than it's worth IMO.
Mar 5, 2007
414 posts
255 upvotes
nielkfj wrote: Practically every time I shop at Superstore I have to submit a points inquiry afterwards because I am shorted on points for food items. Sometimes they reject the initial inquiry and when I pursue it further they usually ask for a scan of the receipt. I think their customer service department is in the Philippines which leads to misunderstandings due to the language barrier as well. ALWAYS save PC Optimum receipts. The points program is almost more hassle than it's worth IMO.
In addition to saving your receipts, make sure to screenshot all of the personalized offers you get via email or the PCO app. I've been repeatedly told by PCO Customer "Service" that they have no way to check which personalized, individual offers on your account, in spite of, y'know, computers.
Nov 26, 2014
314 posts
232 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
arkangil wrote: Would they really refund to cash instead of back on points or whatever? I feel like that’s a risk of them giving a store gift card, which is arguably worse than points!
You can use superstore gift card to purchase apple gift card or bestbuy .
Oct 8, 2007
375 posts
325 upvotes
Ontario
webants wrote: You can use superstore gift card to purchase apple gift card or bestbuy .
That’s a great idea, thanks!!

I know it’s not a good RFD use of points (no bonus redemption or anything) but this is helpful
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
Famoso Pizza has a gift card deal
for every $30 of gift card value that you buy, you get a $10 bonus coupon that you can use until february 28th.
the $10 is per person, not per table so you could use them up by splitting the bill(if you are not eating alone)
dine-in only
not good for alcohol

They serve a nice 7" margherita neoplitan style pizza during happy hour 2-5pm and 8pm to close, for $6
I do not know how long this promotion lasts.
I bought a $150 gift card yesterday at High Street mall Abbotsford BC and got 5 coupons.

famoso
restaurant
bonus
gift card
pizza
abbotsford
Images
  • IMG_2714.jpg
  • IMG_2717.jpg
Last edited by fred koenig on Dec 31st, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6763 posts
3871 upvotes
webants wrote: You can use superstore gift card to purchase apple gift card or bestbuy .
Yes, At the beginning of PCO operation. But points are not allowed to bé redeemed for gcs any more starting a FEW years ago. Have you done that lately?
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
old spaghetti factory has a gift card bonus where you get an extra 10 gift card for every 25 card you buy
you can order them online at old spaghetti factory website
the promotion goes until december 31st so you have a few more hours

osf
old spaghetti factory
bonus
restaurant
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2330 posts
1505 upvotes
Markham
arkangil wrote: Would they really refund to cash instead of back on points or whatever? I feel like that’s a risk of them giving a store gift card, which is arguably worse than points!
I bought something with points at Loblaws last month. When they do the refund, they have to credit the refund to my credit card as their system do not have the capability to unwind a redeemed pt event. it is dumb from their part. They figure out overall they are not losing out, cuz while they lose the new sale, they also save n the bonus redemption money too...
Sep 1, 2021
17 posts
8 upvotes
RoyF482 wrote: I think Perk Hero the App got some good deals. Nintendo GC at 10% off for example.
Charleylovesdeals wrote: IGA grocery stores in Quebec have buy $75 in gift cards (any gift cards) get 15 air miles. Definitely not an amazing deal but thought I'd post it anyways.
eahmed wrote: Get 20 airmiles for the following gift cards at Shell
*Offer valid November 1, 2021-January 2, 2022 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any of the following Gift Cards: $50 Nintendo, $50 Sony, $50 Uber, $50 Keg. $50 Recipe, $60 Netflix, $50 Cineplex, or $50 HBC. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other Bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/ Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. TM Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.
How much is 20 air miles worth in $ ?
Sep 1, 2021
17 posts
8 upvotes
mathbes wrote: I did an inquerie.... Heres what I got. Maybe because I was asking for 50 000 points for 500$ apple gift card.

If you dont get your PCO points try bringing your complaint to Better Business Bereau (BBB) and they will help you with it. BBB is very fast and efficient. Good Luck.
Sep 1, 2021
17 posts
8 upvotes
teqtoke wrote: They usually will, it is just such a hassle.
I have had a few times where I had to argue and argue and I didn’t get all the points in the end
If you dont get your PCO points try bringing your complaint to Better Business Bereau (BBB) and they will help you with it. BBB is very fast and efficient. Good Luck.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6763 posts
3871 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: I bought something with points at Loblaws last month. When they do the refund, they have to credit the refund to my credit card as their system do not have the capability to unwind a redeemed pt event. it is dumb from their part. They figure out overall they are not losing out, cuz while they lose the new sale, they also save n the bonus redemption money too...
It is up to each csr at the store. For small amt, they usually give cash back. But the rule is supposed to give refund in the same method as your payment.
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: I bought something with points at Loblaws last month. When they do the refund, they have to credit the refund to my credit card as their system do not have the capability to unwind a redeemed pt event. it is dumb from their part. They figure out overall they are not losing out, cuz while they lose the new sale, they also save n the bonus redemption money too...
Also noticed that when refunding, their Total Spend Offers (i.e. xx,xxx awarded if you achieve $XXX purchases say at Loblaws) on the APP doesn't adjust the dollars spent for the return, so if your close you could buy something to get you over the spend limit and return that same item next time your back at the store.
Sep 17, 2018
409 posts
629 upvotes
BF No Where
nielkfj wrote:
Practically every time I shop at Superstore I have to submit a points inquiry afterwards because I am shorted on points for food items. Sometimes they reject the initial inquiry and when I pursue it further they usually ask for a scan of the receipt. I think their customer service department is in the Philippines which leads to misunderstandings due to the language barrier as well. ALWAYS save PC Optimum receipts. The points program is almost more hassle than it's worth IMO.
PC Optimum program is going to get worse for some holders of World Elite card. If you you don't spend more than $15000/yr you will be bumped down to a lesser card where you don't earn as many points per transaction. It's coming into effect Feb 2023.

https://www.pcfinancial.ca/en/legal-stu ... igibility/

At that point I will likely stop using their card at their stores and just use cashback Visa which is good at any grocery store.
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
gamefacelouie wrote: PC Optimum program is going to get worse for some holders of World Elite card. If you you don't spend more than $15000/yr you will be bumped down to a lesser card where you don't earn as many points per transaction. It's coming into effect Feb 2023.

At that point I will likely stop using their card at their stores and just use cashback Visa which is good at any grocery store.
Agreed. You could use a 4% card like Scotia Momentum for groceries anywhere. A loss of the WE at shoppers will be missed, as its a 3% card at that store
Jun 13, 2013
20 posts
29 upvotes
London
gamefacelouie wrote: PC Optimum program is going to get worse for some holders of World Elite card. If you you don't spend more than $15000/yr you will be bumped down to a lesser card where you don't earn as many points per transaction. It's coming into effect Feb 2023.

It's in effect now. I got bumped down in 2021.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)