Expired Hot Deals

Various Retailers

Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2022 10:29 am
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
Boddingtons wrote: It's in effect now. I got bumped down in 2021.
I should of got bumped down but it hasn't happened yet.
Nov 24, 2021
89 posts
45 upvotes
jetenginejesus wrote: In addition to saving your receipts, make sure to screenshot all of the personalized offers you get via email or the PCO app. I've been repeatedly told by PCO Customer "Service" that they have no way to check which personalized, individual offers on your account, in spite of, y'know, computers.
Ya, it's a poorly designed system. Usually I go grocery shopping on Wednesdays which is also the day that weekly PCO personalized offers expire. So if I wait until the next day to check a receipt from Superstore, all the offers have disappeared and I don't know whether or not I should have received points for a particular item on the receipt. Their website is also poorly designed - very slow, search tool doesn't work well, online shopping is a cluster. They need to make some serious investments in IT development.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6759 posts
3870 upvotes
Stupido wrote: Agreed. You could use a 4% card like Scotia Momentum for groceries anywhere. A loss of the WE at shoppers will be missed, as its a 3% card at that store
You can buy SDM gift cards using your 4% cc at any grocery store.
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: You can buy SDM gift cards using your 4% cc at any grocery store.
Agreed, at any Loblaws, Superstore, no frills etc, not metro or sobeys. I also have found sdm cards at shell at times if you have a 4% gas card (CIBC). SDM gift cards have been harder to find as of late.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2398 posts
2288 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
No, what's worse is you lose the extra one year warranty from your credit card
arkangil wrote: That’s a great idea, thanks!!

I know it’s not a good RFD use of points (no bonus redemption or anything) but this is helpful
Dec 17, 2017
352 posts
334 upvotes
You can convert pc points to apple gift cards?
webants wrote: You can use superstore gift card to purchase apple gift card or bestbuy .
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
SquadG wrote: Hold up a minute. My card gives me 3% on gas and food (6% right now on gas at Shell). So you are saying buying gift cards at Shell will yield 6% on that purchase (instead of say 1% at best buy)?
Yup, anything coded as shell gets you 6% with the TD card (for a limited time), that includes gift cards
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2398 posts
2288 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
SquadG wrote: Yes I know you loose all the features tied to the card but for restaurants and other stuff yielding only 1%, that would be an extra 5% at Shell (or 2% outside that promotion).
Ok you saved 5% which is only $50 on an $1000 iPad but Apple care costs more than that. I won't do it, but still many people don't purchase Apple care.

It might be ok for Apple products since I rarely have problems with Apple stuffs, but for Dell stuffs definitely get the extra one year warranty from your CC
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9049 posts
4884 upvotes
Stupido wrote: Yup, anything coded as shell gets you 6% with the TD card (for a limited time), that includes gift cards
Are you certain about getting the 6% on gift cards? I thought it was just gas. Does it say something in the fine print to support this?
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
choclover wrote: Are you certain about getting the 6% on gift cards? I thought it was just gas. Does it say something in the fine print to support this?
Pretty sure. Try it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9049 posts
4884 upvotes
Stupido wrote: Pretty sure. Try it.
I haven't reconciled my previous Shell gas purchases but last time I checked which was months ago I hadn't been credited the bonus portion of the cash back at that time. As a result, I am not sure if I will know right away if I got the bonus cashback on such purchases or not. But it could be worth the try.
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
choclover wrote: I haven't reconciled my previous Shell gas purchases but last time I checked which was months ago I hadn't been credited the bonus portion of the cash back at that time. As a result, I am not sure if I will know right away if I got the bonus cashback on such purchases or not. But it could be worth the try.
Well you are getting the 3% on the TD credit card which is better than 1%? Not sure why the bonus would be coded differently-the bonus should be awarded.
Feb 21, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
Dennis819 wrote: If you dont get your PCO points try bringing your complaint to Better Business Bereau (BBB) and they will help you with it. BBB is very fast and efficient. Good Luck.
I purchased $1500 Apple gift cards on Dec 5 and still waiting for my points. Submitted an inquiry yesterday with no response yet.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18656 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
whats this TD bank 6% cb at shell? what cc is that? tia , still not better then the 10% cb for the cibc plat dividend tho!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 1, 2021
17 posts
8 upvotes
yummydeal wrote: I purchased $1500 Apple gift cards on Dec 5 and still waiting for my points. Submitted an inquiry yesterday with no response yet.
Did you submit your case to BBB?
Feb 21, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
Dennis819 wrote: Did you submit your case to BBB?
Whoops sorry. I meant to quote the original post instead of your reply. No I haven't submitted to BBB yet. I have only submitted an inquiry through the PC app.
Sep 1, 2021
17 posts
8 upvotes
yummydeal wrote: Whoops sorry. I meant to quote the original post instead of your reply. No I haven't submitted to BBB yet. I have only submitted an inquiry through the PC app.
Try submittig your case to BBB. You probably will get faster response and better result.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)