Various Retailers

Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2022 10:29 am
Dec 26, 2008
346 posts
182 upvotes
Ottawa
yummydeal wrote: I purchased $1500 Apple gift cards on Dec 5 and still waiting for my points. Submitted an inquiry yesterday with no response yet.
Does apple gift card qualified 20X points?
Sep 17, 2018
407 posts
629 upvotes
BF No Where
Stupido wrote:
Agreed. You could use a 4% card like Scotia Momentum for groceries anywhere. A loss of the WE at shoppers will be missed, as its a 3% card at that store
I don't have that momentum card, will check it out, but FYI Tangerine MasterCard gives 2% on groceries at Walmart Supercenter (if you choose groceries as a category) whether you buy groceries or not whereas my VISA would give me 1%, I know it's nickles and dimes but WTF. I don't do a lot of purchases at SDM so no great loss to me.
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17599 posts
8251 upvotes
Aymer wrote: Does apple gift card qualified 20X points?
Gift cards are typically excluded from points promos at Shoppers.

What people are referring to with getting points on gift cards at Shoppers are the gift card specific offers - example: for every $50 in Apple gift cards receive 5000 points. These are typically for specific gift cards in a one week period of time (not store-wide for all gift cards).
Aug 9, 2020
761 posts
415 upvotes
gamefacelouie wrote: I don't have that momentum card, will check it out, but FYI Tangerine MasterCard gives 2% on groceries at Walmart Supercenter (if you choose groceries as a category) whether you buy groceries or not whereas my VISA would give me 1%, I know it's nickles and dimes but WTF. I don't do a lot of purchases at SDM so no great loss to me.
Consider momentum visa card 4% groceries/4% recurring, CIBC dividend visa card 4% gas/4% recurring and Amex Cobalt card 5% groceries/restaurant.

What you need to determine if paying the AF's on these cards, (and most have first year AF free) makes sense in relation to the "extra" monies you will receive from the card as rewards relative to the card you have.

Consider how you can purchase gift cards at either grocery stores and/or gas stations to up your savings at other stores

Some just focus on getting new credit cards for the welcome bonus and consider that they are always earning above say 4 or 5% as most welcome bonuses are much higher for $XX spend
Sep 17, 2018
407 posts
629 upvotes
BF No Where
Stupido wrote:
Consider momentum visa card 4% groceries/4% recurring, CIBC dividend visa card 4% gas/4% recurring and Amex Cobalt card 5% groceries/restaurant.

What you need to determine if paying the AF's on these cards, (and most have first year AF free) makes sense in relation to the "extra" monies you will receive from the card as rewards relative to the card you have.

Consider how you can purchase gift cards at either grocery stores and/or gas stations to up your savings at other stores

Some just focus on getting new credit cards for the welcome bonus and consider that they are always earning above say 4 or 5% as most welcome bonuses are much higher for $XX spend
Thanks 👍🏻 will look into it but I don't pay annual fees on my bank Visa (3% gas and groceries, 1% other) plus using
no fee Tangerine MasterCard (2% for restaurant/fast food, home improvement and any Wal-Mart purchases incl groceries), not sure if I would qualify for free subscription on another card if I don't bank with them, too much for my peanut brain to process 🤪
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Dec 26, 2008
346 posts
182 upvotes
Ottawa
TrevorK wrote: Gift cards are typically excluded from points promos at Shoppers.

What people are referring to with getting points on gift cards at Shoppers are the gift card specific offers - example: for every $50 in Apple gift cards receive 5000 points. These are typically for specific gift cards in a one week period of time (not store-wide for all gift cards).
Thanks. This is a great promotion if one need to buy Apple products.
Oct 31, 2002
121 posts
75 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Is there a 2022 thread for gift card deals?

I tried searching the Hot Deals forum but may have missed it...
May 5, 2021
326 posts
163 upvotes
West GTA
EasyCompany251 wrote: Shoppers (ON)
Dec 4 - 10
Get 5000 Optimum points for every $50 spent on Apple GC
Did anyone happen to take a picture of the flyer/save a photo? Need it for the points dispute, PCO is declining to issue the points after a month and I need to escalate. Appreciate your help
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2416 posts
3785 upvotes
Atlantic
savingsomemoney wrote: Did anyone happen to take a picture of the flyer/save a photo? Need it for the points dispute, PCO is declining to issue the points after a month and I need to escalate. Appreciate your help
Shoppers.jpg
Feb 21, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
savingsomemoney wrote: Did anyone happen to take a picture of the flyer/save a photo? Need it for the points dispute, PCO is declining to issue the points after a month and I need to escalate. Appreciate your help
I made my purchase on Dec 5 and the points are awarded today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)