Apr 9, 2007
496 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
Does this work for an annual renewal? I got the $119 off $119 offer on amex
Mar 26, 2004
678 posts
547 upvotes
LawrenceY445978 wrote: For people who got the annual subscription offer, how long did it take to get the statement credit? Or do you have to wait 1 year
Right away
Oct 23, 2018
101 posts
27 upvotes
Has anyone been able to use the Aeroplan eStore with the gift a subscription option? The Aeroplan eStore link only seems to being you to the page to take out a new subscription for yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5025 posts
2218 upvotes
Winnipeg
projector wrote: Did you ever find out if this worked?
Looks like you can buy a gift sub for 1 year here, and it's not quite the https://disneyplus.com but it does have the ".disneyplus.com" so it's close!
https://ca.subscriptioncard.disneyplus.com/
Still haven’t tried it! It is so close and likely will go through but it’s low on my list right now
Jul 25, 2018
931 posts
551 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
canuckcolehead wrote: Still haven’t tried it! It is so close and likely will go through but it’s low on my list right now
Is Disney+ going up in Canada starting Thursday December 8th? I'm seeing mention of a price increase in the US when they launch a commercial tier, but I'm not certain if that applies to Canada or not. Might be worth finding out shortly.
Jun 13, 2019
953 posts
1242 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up on 2nd Dec for the annual plan, and the charge has been posted, but the offer is no longer visible, is it ok?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2198 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
trigger0 wrote: I signed up on 2nd Dec for the annual plan, and the charge has been posted, but the offer is no longer visible, is it ok?
Yeah, that means it's being processing and should show up as redeemed in a few days.
Aug 19, 2007
302 posts
100 upvotes
Markham
For those that have been waiting about Gift purchase:

DP:

Nov 29, online purchase of Gift a Year for 119.99 using Amex Plat offer of free $119.99. Sent gift to family member outside my household.

Nov 29, family member activated Gift a Year using different household and location.

Dec 5, Disney offer in app shows as "Redeemed", but no payment received.

Dec 6, "DISNEY PLUS DGC" -119.99 credit applied, viewable from app.

So, worked for me! Good luck and early xmas shopping to all!

Edit: price is really 119.99 cause it was 4am and I'm dumb lol
Last edited by spascual76 on Dec 9th, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2981 posts
17351 upvotes
Mississauga
projector wrote: Is Disney+ going up in Canada starting Thursday December 8th? I'm seeing mention of a price increase in the US when they launch a commercial tier, but I'm not certain if that applies to Canada or not. Might be worth finding out shortly.
I've been wondering the same thing recently, but unable to find any articles on the subject in the run-up to the new pricing. Shouldn't we have at least gotten a notice if it was going to happen?

Alternatively, maybe we default to the new ad tier (which is supposed to the same price as before), but I don't even know if that applies yet.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1072 posts
1905 upvotes
No the price is not increasing in Canada. The new ad-supported tier is only coming to the U.S. and thus only changes are happening there, for the time being. There's potential for the ad-supported tier to release in 2023 and at that time there might be a price increase.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5025 posts
2218 upvotes
Winnipeg
spascual76 wrote: For those that have been waiting about Gift purchase:

DP:

Nov 29, online purchase of Gift a Year for 199.99 using Amex Plat offer of free $119.99. Sent gift to family member outside my household.

Nov 29, family member activated Gift a Year using different household and location.

Thanks for the update!

Do you know if the gift subscription has to be redeemed by a certain date ?

ex: must redeem within 1 year of purchase?
Jul 25, 2018
931 posts
551 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
spascual76 wrote: For those that have been waiting about Gift purchase:

DP:

Nov 29, online purchase of Gift a Year for 199.99 using Amex Plat offer of free $119.99. Sent gift to family member outside my household.

Uhhh, can you confirm if you paid $199 or $119**
Aug 19, 2007
302 posts
100 upvotes
Markham
I don't recall any time constraints...only thing was it cannot be used to extend a current account, had to be new (which means new email/account).
Aug 19, 2007
302 posts
100 upvotes
Markham
projector wrote: Uhhh, can you confirm if you paid $199 or $119**
No excuses other than "4am"....fixed original post with correct price of 119.99 for gift a year. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Apr 4, 2007
272 posts
95 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote:
Thanks for the update!

Do you know if the gift subscription has to be redeemed by a certain date ?

ex: must redeem within 1 year of purchase?
spascual76 wrote: I don't recall any time constraints...only thing was it cannot be used to extend a current account, had to be new (which means new email/account).
It's a bit inconsistent on their site. The gift page says only new subscribers, but the FAQ says:
Subscription cards can only be redeemed by new and returning Disney+ subscribers.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_ ... a83cbb3529
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13439 posts
7691 upvotes
I can't find the "offers" tab in the Disney+ app anywhere...

Unless there is an Amex app I am supposed to use?
Jan 2, 2020
102 posts
102 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: I can't find the "offers" tab in the Disney+ app anywhere...

Unless there is an Amex app I am supposed to use?
It's an offer you need to accept in the Amex app.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13439 posts
7691 upvotes
JC0411 wrote: It's an offer you need to accept in the Amex app.
Hmmm. Amex app won't take my card info. Must be the Scotiabank thing. Oh well.