American Express

Various statement credit offers for using Tap to Pay

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 10:43 am
Jul 24, 2020
229 posts
197 upvotes
uoboy0 wrote: One transaction or 10 seperate transaction both qualify for 20
Are you sure one transaction of $100 would qualify for $20 credit?

The reason I want to confirm because offer T&C says
“To be eligible for a $20 (CAD) statement credit, ten (10) separate qualifying purchases of at least $10 each (CAD) in a single transaction, after taxes and applicable fees, must be charged to your registered Card, using contactless payment at participating businesses during the offer period, and subsequently posted to your account.”
Apr 28, 2019
370 posts
380 upvotes
I recentlfy figured my Amex Tap hasn't worked for so long. Presto, Metro, Snakes & Lattes, SDM in recent weeks.

Spoke to support yesterday, they are dispatching the card in Express shipment for free, as I'm a client for ~2 years.
Public Mobile | Tangerine
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2916 posts
2944 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
dealwatcher81 wrote: I have Spend $10 ten times get $20 statement credit offer expires on Dec 31, 2022.

If I do 10 separate transaction each for $10 Walmart gift card and pay with tap at Walmart then will it qualify for $20 credit ?
Just buy a $100 Walmart GC at self checkout and choose to split payment, each $10 for ten times
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2916 posts
2944 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
balaca wrote: I recentlfy figured my Amex Tap hasn't worked for so long. Presto, Metro, Snakes & Lattes, SDM in recent weeks.

Spoke to support yesterday, they are dispatching the card in Express shipment for free, as I'm a client for ~2 years.
Some of my cards also lost the ability to tap. Don’t know why
Jul 24, 2020
229 posts
197 upvotes
naticom wrote: Just buy a $100 Walmart GC at self checkout and choose to split payment, each $10 for ten times
thanks! I didn’t know that we can split payment. It should qualify with this approach.
Apr 28, 2019
370 posts
380 upvotes
naticom wrote: Some of my cards also lost the ability to tap. Don’t know why
Canada Post dropped the replacement card today Thurs night) into my mailbox, after I spoke to Amex on Tues night. Good that I didn't opt for Fedex when she asked.

Card design has fully changed, no longer transparent (Simply Cash) but all blue with that gladiator headshot (and the text: Member Since '21' :D ).
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2916 posts
2944 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
balaca wrote: Canada Post dropped the replacement card today Thurs night) into my mailbox, after I spoke to Amex on Tues night. Good that I didn't opt for Fedex when she asked.

Card design has fully changed, no longer transparent (Simply Cash) but all blue with that gladiator headshot (and the text: Member Since '21' :D ).
it's so dumb that my card expire end of Oct and they sent a pack of cards (P1+3 supp cards) with the old transparent design. And in early 2023 they'll have to send me another pack of cards with the new design
Apr 28, 2019
370 posts
380 upvotes
Mikliloo wrote: If there's a way to tap to do it, sure. Probably need to do it in Shoppers or something.
Presto load worked seamlessly with the replacement card I got last week. I stopped after 6 x $10 loads (paid by Amex card tap).
Sep 12, 2018
721 posts
684 upvotes
Edmonton
Did anyone using Scotia Amex got their credit? I think I already exceeded the threshold of 10 transactions. Yet to receive anything.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2697 posts
1443 upvotes
IshfaqueR4678 wrote: Did anyone using Scotia Amex got their credit? I think I already exceeded the threshold of 10 transactions. Yet to receive anything.
Yes, it took several days but the credit posted.
Nov 18, 2008
692 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Does this stack with the shop small, get $10 when spending $20 promo?
Dec 10, 2012
354 posts
465 upvotes
MARKHAM
peter330 wrote: Does this stack with the shop small, get $10 when spending $20 promo?
Yes
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7906 posts
3518 upvotes
Thanks! Did 10 Presto reloads for $10 at a machine earlier this week and got credit today.
Sep 12, 2018
721 posts
684 upvotes
Edmonton
Never got this one on my Scotia Card. Oh well, no interest in spending energy for this one.!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)