Veggielicious - April 9th to 24th, 2011

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2011 10:55 am
[OP]
Aug 20, 2006
385 posts
36 upvotes

Veggielicious - April 9th to 24th, 2011

To all the veggie eaters out there. I came across this: http://www.veggielicious.ca/

Maybe fellow RFD'ers can write reviews or offer feedback if they've already been to a few of the places.

Description:

Veggielicious is the first event of its kind! From April 9-24th, 2011, restaurants in Toronto (and surrounding areas as far away as Niagara!) will offer great deals on special vegetarian meals. All of the meals served will be free of animal products, making them heart healthy, compassionate, eco-friendly, and delicious.

This is the perfect time to try that restaurant you’ve been meaning to check out, get a great deal at one of your favourite haunts, or discover a new eatery in an unfamiliar neighbourhood. Check out the map to see where you’d like to go first, and come back to the site to see if new restaurants have been added.

Did you know that adopting a plant-based diet is one of the best things you can do for the planet? Christopher Flavin of the Worldwatch Institute says, “There is no question that the choice to become a vegetarian or lower meat consumption is one of the most positive lifestyle changes a person could make in terms of reducing one’s personal impact on the environment.” This Earth Day, April 22, honour the earth by joining in the Veggielicious festivities!

If you’re not already vegetarian, consider signing up for the Veggie Challenge and pledging to go meat-free for a week or more. With special vegetarian meals all over the city, now is the perfect time to discover new meat-free foods and flavours.

Chow,
MacEngI
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9120 posts
3012 upvotes
Mississauga
I love my meat too much. I'll never be a vegetarian.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1004 upvotes
N/A
humans are omnivores.
i love vegetables. and i love meat.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2005
2058 posts
73 upvotes
This looks interesting! Too bad nearly everyone I know are big meat eaters! :-0
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3136 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
I took a look at this and it's a pretty big joke. All the restaurants on the list are already vegetarian focused and are just offering a special fixed price selection for $15 or $20. It's one of their regular menu items with a drink and dessert, nothing special, nothing exclusive.

Yay! I can pay $20 for brown rice, vegetables and 1/4 of a package of tofu that cost $1.20 at loblaws. Oh but it includes a drink and dessert. Yay.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)