• Mar 5th, 2017 10:04 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 17, 2014
80 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Vehicles in Motion scam

Ive paid those guys $1500 transport a car for me form BC To Toronto. Thought was a great deal, Paid them on July15, 2015. Car was picked up on Aug8, END OF STORY.
Never heard back, they will not return my calls, my emails, the only thing i received from STEVEN the person who i paid is TXT saying that i was a "FOOL" Bcz i signed a contract that was written by his Attorney, and no one can ask him base on the contract where the car is and when will it be delivered.
i did read the contract before signing and did discussed it with Steven at the time that all the contract talk about is delays, and things that can cause delays, his answer at the time was "just to protect ourself" sure.

i was lucky the dealer i bought the car from took a copy of the driver's license for the truck driver that picked up the car, after talking and threatening him, he gave me the address where he dropped it off, a FARM North of Edmonton with keys on it.

my car is safe and sound after paying another $1100 to another transport company that picked it up from that farm without any one asking why and where.

after posting on TransportReviews.com, i got close to 15 emails from people had the exact same issue with that company.

any advise who should we approach to possibly get our money back, or even at least stop those scammer from doing more damage to people??
216 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8724 posts
5110 upvotes
ON
Didn't you do any research before hiring these guys ?
[OP]
Sep 17, 2014
80 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
up till the time i paid, all reviews were great,
according to all the victoms i am talking to, all paid about the same time, july15-20th.
from there all went down.

the funny part, after all the bad reviews we posted, some one today posted a positive. sure.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
1005 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
File a police report. as for getting your money back, you can file a small claims action, but by the sounds of it, the company may not be "legit".

Best to seek legal advice. They can at least do a preliminary check into the company (if incorporated) or search to see if the business name is registered which may lead to identifying those who run the company. Further searches can be done to determine if any assets are owned and if a judgment would be enforceable. Nothing is worse than filing a claim, getting judgment, only to learn it isn't worth the paper it is written on.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1997 posts
653 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
weird story.

If the car not show up in a reasonable time, take his driver license copy to police report for theft.

The drive drop off it a farm with key on it - even driver/company not responsible for random theft and damage, they are still liable for negligence.
[OP]
Sep 17, 2014
80 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
the person who sent me the contract and received the payment (via e-trasfer) told me stright out in a text msg, "you and everyone who signed my contract is a fool, my Attorney wrote and and made sure no one can touch me.
let the car sits in the farm for 6 months for all i care, at the end am not liable for any delay or damages"
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11914 posts
3574 upvotes
Ontario
This is why you take all this info and text's and go to the cops and get this guy nailed. Posting on RFD will not help
Saeaa182 wrote: the person who sent me the contract and received the payment (via e-trasfer) told me stright out in a text msg, "you and everyone who signed my contract is a fool, my Attorney wrote and and made sure no one can touch me.
let the car sits in the farm for 6 months for all i care, at the end am not liable for any delay or damages"
[OP]
Sep 17, 2014
80 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
sickcars wrote: This is why you take all this info and text's and go to the cops and get this guy nailed. Posting on RFD will not help
like i mentioned, i was lucky i go my car, but there are few that dont even know where the car is,
couple have called the cops, however since you gave your car willingly to them, cops cant get involved.
posting here just let everyone know, and at the same time it is a away of creating awareness so no one deal with them
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6455 posts
2130 upvotes
BC
I feel for your unfortunate experience but the mention of "attorney" immediately got me thinking this was an American company that maybe didn't have a good handle on operating in Canada.

Indeed, from their website it is clear that they are just a front-end without any vehicle transporting infrastructure. And their parent company is a Marketing Services operation.

The U.S. TransportReviews.com website gives them 3 stars out of 5 but that is based only on the 5 months they have been monitored.

3 out of 5 isn't bad for anything to do with the moving industry (home contents or otherwise) AFAIK. The bad reviews seem to be mostly or all from Canadian customers.
So maybe Vehicles in Motion really did get let down by one particular transport company.

As already noted, not the sort of thing the police get involved in even if they could do something.

I would start by seeing if the truck has operating authority in B.C. for vehicle transport or if a self-regulating body for the industry will help you get your money back partially or in full.
If the story about a family emergency and driver on sick leave is true the trucking company involved may just need time to do the right thing and reimburse you.
[OP]
Sep 17, 2014
80 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
macnut wrote: I feel for your unfortunate experience but the mention of "attorney" immediately got me thinking this was an American company that maybe didn't have a good handle on operating in Canada.

Indeed, from their website it is clear that they are just a front-end without any vehicle transporting infrastructure. And their parent company is a Marketing Services operation.

The U.S. TransportReviews.com website gives them 3 stars out of 5 but that is based only on the 5 months they have been monitored.

3 out of 5 isn't bad for anything to do with the moving industry (home contents or otherwise) AFAIK. The bad reviews seem to be mostly or all from Canadian customers.
So maybe Vehicles in Motion really did get let down by one particular transport company.

As already noted, not the sort of thing the police get involved in even if they could do something.

I would start by seeing if the truck has operating authority in B.C. for vehicle transport or if a self-regulating body for the industry will help you get your money back partially or in full.
If the story about a family emergency and driver on sick leave is true the trucking company involved may just need time to do the right thing and reimburse you.

the whole story about sick driver and that came out after we started posting reviews. the answer form the driver that i found was that they never got paid so they will not take the car any further. The person Txting me used those excuse it to explain the delay, however 2 months is not delay, it is ignorant.

the respond to the review was written by Paul who claim to be the owner, yet he uses the same words and terms as the rude Steven that is txting me.

scammer and made their money, just wanted to let everyone knows so no one falls in to the same trap.
Dec 9, 2008
424 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Call him pretend to be a new customer, agree to meet, confront him with video and voice recording. Post video. You might want to be creative and get his car towed
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3137 posts
809 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Get the media involved so this will not only expose the shady company but also help a lot of possible victims.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Sep 17, 2015
8 posts
6 upvotes
Miramichi
I am so another one of the people got scammed by these people .. Lucky for me they didn't get my car or the contents inside . Not for a lack of trying Vim are more than willing even now after the negative review that I made. Sorry Steve I rather would rather lose my $1400.00 than let you transport my car.. Steve from Vehicles in Motion actually is not even in Canada he's in Louisiana he did contact me from a 504 number.
Oct 5, 2014
867 posts
1138 upvotes
AB
That is weird.. why would they even bring the car to Edmonton (AB)? If they want to scam, why not just drop the car close by in some BC farm?? I hope they were not planning to rent the car to someone who wants to drive it from AB to ON.

I hope you get your money back and person who runs this company in prison.