• May 26th, 2021 2:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6889 posts
2838 upvotes
Montreal

Venmar air exchanger issue

For some reason the HVAC started doing this a few days ago. It starts automatically and the wall control's whole screen blinks and I cant do anything. The only fix Ive found is to unplug and replug the unit. Happened for the first time back in December and that fixed the problem. Now however, that solution seems to work for a day or two and the hvac will start doing it again. Anything else I can try before calling in a tech?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6086 posts
4374 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: For some reason the HVAC started doing this a few days ago. It starts automatically and the wall control's whole screen blinks and I cant do anything. The only fix Ive found is to unplug and replug the unit. Happened for the first time back in December and that fixed the problem. Now however, that solution seems to work for a day or two and the hvac will start doing it again. Anything else I can try before calling in a tech?
What model of venmar you have? Mine blinis when Filter need to be cleaned, light Solid when Filter needs to be replaced
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6889 posts
2838 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote: What model of venmar you have? Mine blinis when Filter need to be cleaned, light Solid when Filter needs to be replaced
HEPA3100

My whole screen blinks, not just the filer light. Ive unplugged it and let it sit for a few hours, now I just let it run auto all day to see if the problems appear when it is active.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6086 posts
4374 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: HEPA3100

My whole screen blinks, not just the filer light. Ive unplugged it and let it sit for a few hours, now I just let it run auto all day to see if the problems appear when it is active.
Ho I see. I have the same model, but with the older mechanical controller, not the newer LCD controller. Sorry, can't help