None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2304 posts
769 upvotes
Kitchener

Vent about WestJet reward dollars

Short story, booked west jet for a vacation in Nov. last year. Two days after I booked/payed, I checked the flight again and each seat was lower by $42 dollars. I submitted what they asked for and they made me open 3 additional acts., as I booked and payed for 4 tickets. Then they put $42 credit into each account.
Then a week ago they sent me a reminder that the WJDs would expire on the 6 of June. Idiots. I gave them cash, they give me expiring coupons.
Anyways, needed to vent. Thanks for listening/reading.
I've sent an inquiry to them asking if I can use these wjds to buy tickets for relatives visiting from the states. I'm 98% sure they'll weasel out of this as well. The 2% is just chance for an error/good sense factor by some CSR.
4 replies
May 28, 2012
12041 posts
4661 upvotes
Saskatoon
This is why I decide on a price, buy the ticket and then don't look back. I thought there was only a 24 hour window when you could get any sort of price adjustment, yours was two days...good on WJ to offer anything at all. At least they sent you a reminder about the expiry. Some people come here to rant after-the-fact.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
6237 posts
2986 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: This is why I decide on a price, buy the ticket and then don't look back. I thought there was only a 24 hour window when you could get any sort of price adjustment, yours was two days...good on WJ to offer anything at all. At least they sent you a reminder about the expiry. Some people come here to rant after-the-fact.
Can't argue with any of that, at least reasonably. If you're unreasonable, I suppose you could argue anything.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2304 posts
769 upvotes
Kitchener
So they'll let me use the wjds for anyones ticket. Rant over, I'll try to use em. Thanks
Mar 28, 2010
952 posts
491 upvotes
GTA
Mars2012 wrote: This is why I decide on a price, buy the ticket and then don't look back. I thought there was only a 24 hour window when you could get any sort of price adjustment, yours was two days...good on WJ to offer anything at all. At least they sent you a reminder about the expiry. Some people come here to rant after-the-fact.
With WestJet though, you probably do want to look back! They have their Lowest Price Guarantee, so every time the fare is at least $25 lower (per seat) than what you purchased for (or the last time you sent in a Price Guarantee request), you just email them and they will give you back WestJet Dollars after you complete your flight, which I believe is what OP took advantage of. That's why OP had to create 3 additional accounts, as they have to put in the WJ Dollars into each guest's WJ account.