• May 25th, 2013 12:13 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 21, 2008
301 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton

Ventura Camping Tents

I'm looking at getting a new tent, Walmart has these Ventura tents on sale at the moment. I have never heard of this brand.

Does anyone own one of these tents? Are these tents any good? I wasn't able to find any review online about them.

I'm interested in this tent. It's a instant pop up tent and the price is right. The last pop up tent i bought was a Broadstone tent for $199, which isn't great.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ventura-10f ... &addFacet=
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4977 posts
264 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I've never heard of this brand either and I just bought the "Alsek Peak" backpacking tent as a lighter-weight tent to take for portaging trips. I just set it up yesterday to briefly check it out and it seems like good value for the money ($45!). All the seams are taped and the stitching seems sturdy enough. I also have a MSR Hubba tent, which of course is much lighter and better quality, but about 4 or 5 times the price. The Walmart tent seems to be the best value to me.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2008
301 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton
I ended up buying this tent this tent, it's massive, it's easy to set up and you could fit 2 queen size air beds. Just to make sure I waterproofed the whole tent. I am 6'4" so this tent perfect for my height.