Expired Hot Deals

[Lee Valley] Veritas hand tools - seconds sale

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 3:02 pm
[OP]
Member
Feb 26, 2019
304 posts
271 upvotes
Ottawa

[Lee Valley] Veritas hand tools - seconds sale

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Lee Valley
More offers from Lee Valley
Veritas hand tools - Manufacturers seconds event. Rare deals on excellent tools. Hand planes, chisels, saws etc.

Limited Stock - will go quickly.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1664 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
Man, nice stuff but still so expensive.
[OP]
Member
Feb 26, 2019
304 posts
271 upvotes
Ottawa
Sephora wrote: Man, nice stuff but still so expensive.
So expensive. I bit the bullet and picked up a block plane. I've had my eye on it for years. But they never go on sale. This is the closest to a sale as it gets.
Newbie
Nov 1, 2019
4 posts
I've been looking at a new quarantine hobby to fill the house... I guess a tenon saw and jack plane would be good places to start.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1664 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
dottawat wrote: So expensive. I bit the bullet and picked up a block plane. I've had my eye on it for years. But they never go on sale. This is the closest to a sale as it gets.
Nice one. I'm just getting into very novice woodworking, and I was eyeing a $30 Mastercraft block plane from CT which actually has decent reviews. Of course it's nowhere near the level of the Veritas -- I figure it should suffice to let me practice using a plane and sharpening the blade, etc.
Member
May 17, 2011
452 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Their website is completely overloaded. Tried to get the electrician bag but site keeps crashing. Thanks OP anyway!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14776 posts
7712 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sephora wrote: Nice one. I'm just getting into very novice woodworking, and I was eyeing a $30 Mastercraft block plane from CT which actually has decent reviews. Of course it's nowhere near the level of the Veritas -- I figure it should suffice to let me practice using a plane and sharpening the blade, etc.
If you want to practice sharpening, you should look at the used market for a plane. Typically estate sales or garage sales have decent planes at really good prices but they need to be sharpened. Some people make it their side hobby to find good used plane deals and basically restore them to working condition.
Newbie
Feb 15, 2006
80 posts
93 upvotes
craftsman wrote: If you want to practice sharpening, you should look at the used market for a plane. Typically estate sales or garage sales have decent planes at really good prices but they need to be sharpened. Some people make it their side hobby to find good used plane deals and basically restore them to working condition.
Canadian based woodworking forums are also a potential source. I recall I ordered from a guy on there and got a "starter" kit of old stanley planes (4 or 5) for like $100. They were not restored and need some work, but the price was right.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 19, 2006
855 posts
55 upvotes
Call their number since online website is dead 1-800-267-8767.
I placed my order, helps to have your customer # handy.
Newbie
Mar 11, 2019
72 posts
80 upvotes
ScoFF wrote: Call their number since online website is dead 1-800-267-8767.
I placed my order, helps to have your customer # handy.
Gonna try this. wish me luck!

Edit - worked like a charm after being on hold for 3min. Anyone looking for something just call! Big thanks!
Newbie
Sep 19, 2014
17 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Lee Valley has their Veritas seconds on sale today only.

Many items ~25% off or more

Started at 12pm

I have bought several Veritas seconds over the years. I have never found any flaw or imperfection in them myself.

All kinds of hand planes, spokeshaves, drawknives, hand saws are on sale.

Limited stock
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14776 posts
7712 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hornell wrote: Canadian based woodworking forums are also a potential source. I recall I ordered from a guy on there and got a "starter" kit of old stanley planes (4 or 5) for like $100. They were not restored and need some work, but the price was right.
Exactly! That's probably an example of someone who just couldn't resist a good deal and just kept collecting old planes to restore someday. Then his wife (or significant other) found out just how many planes he had and forced him to sell some of them!

The funny thing is - even before they are restored but just sharpened, they would probably be better planes than the MasterCraft one!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14776 posts
7712 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
WilliamS17867 wrote: Gonna try this. wish me luck!

Edit - worked like a charm after being on hold for 3min. Anyone looking for something just call! Big thanks!
Lee Valley always has good service.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1225 posts
1667 upvotes
zqwzzle wrote: I've been looking at a new quarantine hobby to fill the house... I guess a tenon saw and jack plane would be good places to start.
So your hobby is going to be buying stuff that you'll never use until your house is full?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6835 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
Sephora wrote: Man, nice stuff but still so expensive.
This is the kind of stuff you buy, then 20 years from now you say "Bought it 20 years ago, still works like the day I got it".
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.

Top