Very bad experience with Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2021 5:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 30, 2019
1 posts
4 upvotes

Very bad experience with Amazon

I have been an amazon primer member for over 5 years, but I have never had such a bad experience with any online retailer so far. I purchased a Samsung the frame, they shipped very late, and it was lost on the way. I asked them to cancel the shipping when it was late, they refused and were very aggressive and rude to me. A few days later, the item was dropped by the career at my door. As I already purchased it from Costco, so I decided to return it. They received it 3 days later but refused to refund me up to now. I returned the package without even opening it.

I asked about their policy of 7 days after receiving the item. The rep said there is a disclaimer that protects amazon against a late refund. Then she said, it is my final answer, and I need to disconnect you. In my interaction, their customer service was very rude and aggressive especially these days. This is my first experience buying a very expensive (2370 $) from Amazon. I cancelled my prime membership after that and strongly discourage people to make big purchases on Amazon. Some people might have a positivie experience. What if you are unlucky like me? Amazon no longer cares about the customer, and when they become more dominant, they will screw the customers more.

The guaranteed delivery date is just a lie, a lot of my items have been missed or not delivered. Amazon is becoming the next Ebay.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7645 posts
4561 upvotes
Mississauga
The OP is confusing. What is a “Samsung the frame”?

Was it sold and fulfilled or fulfilled by Amazon? If not, you’re dealing with a third party seller and you’re on your own.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14720 posts
10850 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Sounds like 3rd party seller you were dealing with.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3367 posts
1407 upvotes
Ottawa
I returned the package without even opening it
Do you mean the item or the Amazon box?

Because part of the return instructions says you need to include a part of the paper with a barcode for the item(s) being returned
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6848 posts
1929 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mrweather wrote: The OP is confusing. What is a “Samsung the frame”?

Was it sold and fulfilled or fulfilled by Amazon? If not, you’re dealing with a third party seller and you’re on your own.
if amazon are gonna let 3rd party sellers on their platform, they should take some responsibility
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2610 posts
2916 upvotes
returning $2370 TV is going to be hassle no matter where you buy from.
you should have just waited instead of getting one from Costco instead.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1577 posts
304 upvotes
Did they ship the TV back to you? Or are you out a TV and the $2k?

Or are you just complaining that the refund is taking a while?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3494 posts
2202 upvotes
If you returned the item and not getting a refund fill a chargeback with your CC.
Nov 5, 2018
556 posts
643 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: Do you mean the item or the Amazon box?

Because part of the return instructions says you need to include a part of the paper with a barcode for the item(s) being returned
If you return an item that ships in manufacturer's packaging, they won't ask you to add the additional barcode inside the package and it won't even print off with the label. All return labels have the return barcode on them at the bottom regardless. An item this large is unlikely to ship in Amazon packaging, so OP is likely followed procedure correctly here.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20880 posts
5455 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Sounds like 3rd party seller you were dealing with.
I was thinking the same thing. But I think part of the whole issue is that Amazon brands everything under their own name, and if you're not accustomed to it, you don't realise you are actually dealing with other companies that don't even ship from Amazon's warehouse.

On another note, I found recently that if something is shipped by Amazon's own delivery service, you can cancel after it ships! The Amazon driver just takes it back to the warehouse, and you get refunded.
orion88 wrote: Amazon is becoming the next Ebay.
IMO there's some truth to this.
Other Canadian companies need to seize the opportunity and improve their own online fulfillment. Sadly, places like BestBuy and WalMart are now infested with 3rd party sellers as well.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1952 upvotes
mrweather wrote: The OP is confusing. What is a “Samsung the frame”?

No need to make fun of the language skills, please.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1952 upvotes
Amazon Canada is not that great.

I try not to use Amazon for various reasons:

1. Environmental. The packaging and fuel costs are a strain and imo I'd rather not contribute to it if I can help it
2. Prices on Amazon Canada are not that great. Amazon US is good.
3. It is becoming a cheap sight. Thousands of fake reviews, cheap imitation goods.
4. Customer service is very iff-y. Very often, they will "transfer" you to someone else if they think they can't give you a good service experience OR lie - this is because they are rated on the "survey" at the end, and that seems to drive the agents, not genuine good customer service.
5. They charge for shipping for returns unless you say there's an issue with the product.
6. Amazon kills off other businesses.
7. Amazon's business practices are poor and anti-worker.
8. Bezos.
Dec 3, 2013
341 posts
390 upvotes
berrytree wrote: No need to make fun of the language skills, please.
Nothing in that post indicates that they're making fun of their language skills.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1453 posts
949 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Some context is needed: Order Date, Expected Delivery Date (Guaranteed or not), Actual Delivery Date, Shipback Date.

I mean if it was lost, at some point, what else can you do but cancel the order? But what we're missing here is the piece of info about whether you waited 2 days extra, 20 days extra? That date makes or breaks your case.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7645 posts
4561 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks. I note that one of those is from a third party seller. OP still hasn’t said who sold them the tv.

Should Amazon - and Walmart, BestBuy, etc. - better police their third party sellers? Absolutely. But they don’t seem to care about doing that right now. This issue needs to be pushed more.
Nov 8, 2017
137 posts
87 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: IMO there's some truth to this.
Other Canadian companies need to seize the opportunity and improve their own online fulfillment. Sadly, places like BestBuy and WalMart are now infested with 3rd party sellers as well.
I never buy anything from Walmart and BestBuy 3rd Party Sellers. I have no desire to step into that swamp. It's just asking to be hassled.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2886 posts
519 upvotes
Newmarket
AkiraK wrote: I never buy anything from Walmart and BestBuy 3rd Party Sellers. I have no desire to step into that swamp. It's just asking to be hassled.
even bb own employees warn against buying from 3rd party marketplace sellers from their own website
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2010
1359 posts
654 upvotes
toronto
feel sorry for you op...
amazon used to be friendly and prices competitive in the past....but there prices have gone up,,guessing because of fuel prices or to afford jeff bezos to fly to the moon more often....

unfortunately too many people have not caught on that amazon prices have soared..i guess its like fishing,,they got you reeled in
orion88 wrote: I have been an amazon primer member for over 5 years, but I have never had such a bad experience with any online retailer so far. I purchased a Samsung the frame, they shipped very late, and it was lost on the way. I asked them to cancel the shipping when it was late, they refused and were very aggressive and rude to me. A few days later, the item was dropped by the career at my door. As I already purchased it from Costco, so I decided to return it. They received it 3 days later but refused to refund me up to now. I returned the package without even opening it.

I asked about their policy of 7 days after receiving the item. The rep said there is a disclaimer that protects amazon against a late refund. Then she said, it is my final answer, and I need to disconnect you. In my interaction, their customer service was very rude and aggressive especially these days. This is my first experience buying a very expensive (2370 $) from Amazon. I cancelled my prime membership after that and strongly discourage people to make big purchases on Amazon. Some people might have a positivie experience. What if you are unlucky like me? Amazon no longer cares about the customer, and when they become more dominant, they will screw the customers more.

The guaranteed delivery date is just a lie, a lot of my items have been missed or not delivered. Amazon is becoming the next Ebay.
No advertising in avatars or sigs
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4779 posts
3281 upvotes
Vancouver
Guaranteed delivery date used to be accurate until covid. Since covid, Amazon rarely hits the guaranteed date but to be fair to them, lots of carrier services were late last year. It seems better since the summer (personal experience) but there is still the odd package that takes a while. It’s definitely not “next day” delivery like pre covid however. That’s why if something is time sensitive, you should goto a retail store to get it (if possible).

In this case, it sounds like they were a few days late (since you said you tried to cancel then it was dropped off a few days later). That isn’t exactly unreasonable and Amazon like most other places are generally pretty slow at refunds. Worst case you can do a chargeback. Lesson here really is be patient or you might end up stuck doing a return and stuck in a painfully slow process. If you want better customer support, just stay with Costco.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)