• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2017 11:39 pm
[OP]
Nov 16, 2010
215 posts
113 upvotes
Kitchener

VERY Early Morning Garbage Pickup

So I own a condo in a building in Kitchener and this morning I was awaken to the sound of a garbage truck emptying one of our dumpsters at 5am. This isn't the first time this has happened and chose to email our Property Manager for assistance with the matter and asked if they could change our garbage pick up time and didn't at all feel this was an unreasonable request. This afternoon I received a response that was little to be desired. Our Property Manager replied saying he would see what he could do but also commented that "somebody has to be first."

If all else fails and he doesn't successfully make the change, is there any option available to me for resolution? I don't believe I or anyone else in our building should have to put up with such noise at that time in the morning. We do have quiet hours in our building which run from 9pm to 7am, does our Condo Corporation not have to stick to these rules as well?

Thanks in advance.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1518 posts
1236 upvotes
Hamilton
Is this a city pick up or private pick up ?

If city, did you call them to see what the earliest scheduled time is for garbage pick up ? In my area, we have to have garbage out by 7:00 am so trucks do not come before that.

If private, is there an applicable by-law regarding noise for Kitchener ? Many communities have them for landscaping and alike so again, contact the by-law people.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2579 posts
877 upvotes
Garbage pickup starts at 7am in KW. I would assume this is private pickup, so you'd have to look into by-laws.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2504 upvotes
I made a complaint to 311 in Vancouver about commercial garbage truck service before 7am. I was told to take photos (which had the company name and number on the truck) and emailed them to the inspector. The problem was taken care of.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12136 posts
7318 upvotes
Paris
dztraw wrote: "somebody has to be first."
He is correct. At 7am. Private or not I am 99% certain there is a noise bylaw.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)