Cell Phones

A very weird problem with wind mobile phone

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 9:54 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Oct 18, 2006
258 posts
5 upvotes

A very weird problem with wind mobile phone

I have one old Samsung S1 phone from T-Mobile,it works well with wind mobile few years until tonight,

Suddenly the phone can't get and receive calls, I checked the phone status, the phone number changed to "1-289-992-98090", network "Wind home".

I took out the battery ,restart phone and still not working. I put the sim card on another phone, it works no issue.

anyone knows how to fix this?? Thanks!!
9 replies
Member
Sep 20, 2014
247 posts
30 upvotes
Ontario
I second the above. If you are looking for a budget upgrade, Zenfone 2 would be a good idea :) Or LG G3 but I think for it you would have to move carriers.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2012
1765 posts
343 upvotes
Mississauga
Gozitano wrote: I second the above. If you are looking for a budget upgrade, Zenfone 2 would be a good idea :) Or LG G3 but I think for it you would have to move carriers.
No, I can modify LG G3 for wind, already did it for a few RFD members so far.
Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t15.htm

An Android a day keeps the Apple away.
Sr. Member
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
raid3050 wrote: I have one old Samsung S1 phone from T-Mobile,it works well with wind mobile few years until tonight,

Suddenly the phone can't get and receive calls, I checked the phone status, the phone number changed to "1-289-992-98090", network "Wind home".

I took out the battery ,restart phone and still not working. I put the sim card on another phone, it works no issue.

anyone knows how to fix this?? Thanks!!
Your modem is probably fried. If you have a phone over a long time, best is to back it up via storage.
Member
Sep 20, 2014
247 posts
30 upvotes
Ontario
AndroidRootGuy wrote: No, I can modify LG G3 for wind, already did it for a few RFD members so far.
Ah. Cool. Didn't know that... You do unlocks too, right?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2012
1765 posts
343 upvotes
Mississauga
Gozitano wrote: Ah. Cool. Didn't know that... You do unlocks too, right?
I don't do code unlocks.. samsung/lg allows for hardware unlocks using hardware devices. There are a few RFD members that do code unlocks.
Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t15.htm

An Android a day keeps the Apple away.
Member
Sep 20, 2014
247 posts
30 upvotes
Ontario
AndroidRootGuy wrote: I don't do code unlocks.. samsung/lg allows for hardware unlocks using hardware devices. There are a few RFD members that do code unlocks.
Ah ok. Excuse me for being a noob but what is the difference between a code and hardware u/l?
[OP]
Member
Oct 18, 2006
258 posts
5 upvotes
touyakouyo wrote: Your modem is probably fried. If you have a phone over a long time, best is to back it up via storage.
what does it mean "Your modem is probably fried"? thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4646 posts
881 upvotes
raid3050 wrote: what does it mean "Your modem is probably fried"? thanks
The chip on your phone that's responsible for communications is not functional any more.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)