• Mar 27th, 2018 11:33 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15168 posts
6179 upvotes
Ok guys 2 screws was not stable! It was a really bad idea. I took the tv back down and put all 4 screws back on with washers on the bottom screws so that they are tighter. It's only a difference of a few inches in height. I'm just going to have to live with it.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12443 posts
9154 upvotes
GTA, ON
SickBeast wrote: Ok guys 2 screws was not stable! It was a really bad idea. I took the tv back down and put all 4 screws back on with washers on the bottom screws so that they are tighter. It's only a difference of a few inches in height. I'm just going to have to live with it.
Only solution: Buy newer higher furniture or put blocks under your sofa legs (aka furniture risers).
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12443 posts
9154 upvotes
GTA, ON
OR USE THIS :razz: :

Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Mar 26, 2018
1 posts
SickBeast wrote: Ok guys 2 screws was not stable! It was a really bad idea. I took the tv back down and put all 4 screws back on with washers on the bottom screws so that they are tighter. It's only a difference of a few inches in height. I'm just going to have to live with it.
100% with this. It's not always about the weight of the screen or how strong the screws are. It's also about the weight distribution of the entire mount. You're putting pressure on two points that would usually be spread across 4 over a much larger area.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2055 posts
1037 upvotes
London
ES_Revenge wrote: Given they are probably giving you the cheapest of the cheap screws with the stand, I'm not sure I'd trust it on just two myself.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing as this post.
Personally, I'd be getting a known higher grade screw/bolt.

Also regarding the threadlocker, there was a reference to "Lockite".
To make your life easier finding it, the actual brand name is Loctite, but people commonly get it wrong.
Some stores sell Permatex, but it the same stuff. You want blue.