Expired Hot Deals

vetroo

Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler $38 CAD ($29.99 USD) for Dell XPS or G5 desktop or others (warm)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 4:46 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2020
47 posts
34 upvotes

Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler $38 CAD ($29.99 USD) for Dell XPS or G5 desktop or others (warm)

Deal Link:
Price:
$38 CAD
Savings:
14.2% Off
Retailer:
vetroo
V5 CPU Cooler 5 Heat Pipes Tower 120 mm Black PWM ARGB Fan for Intel LGA1200/1151 AMD/AM4

USA website free shipping

$34.99 $29.99 USD ($38 CAD)

(You save: $5.00)

Available in both black and white.

This costs on amazon.ca $66.78 or so

Competes with hypermaster 212 (which has only 4 heat pipes)

Last edited by Jackib on Aug 19th, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44473 posts
7720 upvotes
Is this compatible with custom PCs? Price is tempting. I wonder how it compares with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Wondering if I should snag this over Noctua or Be Quiet
Last edited by djemzine on Aug 19th, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7495 posts
4124 upvotes
Debtario
Isn't this just another Hyper 212 clone?

I see it recommended for the G5, any reason why? (Height?)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2018
1047 posts
2019 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: Isn't this just another Hyper 212 clone?

I see it recommended for the G5, any reason why? (Height?)

Height is a big one. The hyper 212 won't fit. Also the stand off is already in the right place for the vetroo, you don't need to take the motherboard out of the case. The vetroo will screw right in.

Connecting the fan to the heat sink is a pain, the led wire is far too short.

Edit* if I can save one person time I'll type this again. If you're trying to improve temps on a dell desktop, don't replace case fans, it's a waste of time and won't help. Just use the vetroo and that's enough.

If mining and want to improve hashrates and have great temps, removing the side panel on the desktop will do that.
Jun 7, 2020
81 posts
121 upvotes
Is this the one that jayztwocents reviewed very positively?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1126 posts
593 upvotes
Perth
Doesn't accept Paypal outside of the USA. So I assume we have to use credit card... shipping calculator not working for me. Does anyone know what shipping to Ontario is, if they sell to Canada?
Sep 6, 2009
379 posts
332 upvotes
sneaky wrote: Doesn't accept Paypal outside of the USA. So I assume we have to use credit card... shipping calculator not working for me. Does anyone know what shipping to Ontario is, if they sell to Canada?
Just ordered one accidentally trying to see the shipping cost lol
It's free shipping to ON
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1126 posts
593 upvotes
Perth
beatusk wrote: Just ordered one accidentally trying to see the shipping cost lol
It's free shipping to ON
hehe, thanks... ordered. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2375 posts
129 upvotes
Montreal
I guess there's a possibility to get hit by the customs fees?
Oct 6, 2006
87 posts
129 upvotes
Montreal
KevinT277396 wrote: Height is a big one. The hyper 212 won't fit. Also the stand off is already in the right place for the vetroo, you don't need to take the motherboard out of the case. The vetroo will screw right in.

Connecting the fan to the heat sink is a pain, the led wire is far too short.

Edit* if I can save one person time I'll type this again. If you're trying to improve temps on a dell desktop, don't replace case fans, it's a waste of time and won't help. Just use the vetroo and that's enough.

If mining and want to improve hashrates and have great temps, removing the side panel on the desktop will do that.
Thank you for the information. So there's no additional modification required to install this in a G5 desktop?
Apr 29, 2010
78 posts
38 upvotes
toronto
How does it compare to the noctua coolers?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3590 posts
2255 upvotes
West Coast
Didn't know this was a thing. I ordered the K CPU variant to get Dell's factory 212 clone, but it was 100 more and the G5 can't be overclocked (CPU, nor can the ram) as its locked in the bios. Granted, the K variant is clocked slightly higher, but getting the non-K variant and this fan would have made more sense.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3590 posts
2255 upvotes
West Coast
evox44 wrote: How does it compare to the noctua coolers?
Doubt it's as good, but it's a fraction of the price. Diminishing returns on such things, and unless you change out the case fans to noctua (or comparable) they'll be louder than the CPU fan anyways
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2018
1047 posts
2019 upvotes
stelam wrote: Thank you for the information. So there's no additional modification required to install this in a G5 desktop?
I've only ever installed on XPS desktops... it looks like the g5 is essentially the same desktop.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2018
1047 posts
2019 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Doubt it's as good, but it's a fraction of the price. Diminishing returns on such things, and unless you change out the case fans to noctua (or comparable) they'll be louder than the CPU fan anyways
Most people use the noctua u9s on these dell machines.

I've used both, personally think the veetro actually performed better.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2018
1047 posts
2019 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Didn't know this was a thing. I ordered the K CPU variant to get Dell's factory 212 clone, but it was 100 more and the G5 can't be overclocked (CPU, nor can the ram) as its locked in the bios. Granted, the K variant is clocked slightly higher, but getting the non-K variant and this fan would have made more sense.

You're correct. Buying an overlockable cpu from dell is pointless. But your overlockable CPU will have a higher base speed.
May 15, 2010
341 posts
318 upvotes
Ajax
i have this cooler, it works well with my R5 3600. temps never go above 65c

Mar 10, 2006
257 posts
264 upvotes
Calgary
evox44 wrote: How does it compare to the noctua coolers?
Depends on your application, for a 5600x it is roughly even with the u12s which edges it out on the most demanding processors, which normally you wouldn't be using this tier of cooler anyways.

I have been looking for a cooler for the 5600x for a little bit and cpu cooler prices have been inflated like crazy or sold out in Canada outside of the 212 variants, and there is basically nothing between the 30$ price point and 60$++ that isn't in stock or at inflated prices. Even a lot of the 212 variants are more expensive than this now and offer worse performance. This is basically exactly what I was looking for.
Unless you want to spend 50$ more for minimal performance increases (for its intended use), there isn't really anything else in stock right now that competes with this, especially since the SE-224-XT is now 75$ here.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)