Expired Hot Deals

[Viandes Crystal] Japanese A5 Striploin 27.9$/100g *MONTREAL ONLY* Back In Stock

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2021 9:11 am
[OP]
Jan 25, 2009
44 posts
8 upvotes

Japanese A5 Striploin 27.9$/100g *MONTREAL ONLY* Back In Stock

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 28, 2021
Retailer:
Viandes Crystal
Japanese A5 Striploin 10% off with code VCFEV2021 for the month of February. Comes up to 27.9$/100g. The cheapest I have seen for Miyazaki so far. This deal is Montreal Area Only

https://viandescrystal.com/
Last edited by Guest3338484 on Feb 5th, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
23 replies
Nov 15, 2004
142 posts
20 upvotes
3.10$ off
what a crazy deal

should stop self shilling
Oct 31, 2011
70 posts
10 upvotes
MONTREAL
thanks! just bought 480g. First time eating wagyu steak, any tips on cooking, serving and wine pairing?
Dec 9, 2014
240 posts
194 upvotes
How long should I pressure cook my stew if I use this?
Sep 11, 2020
248 posts
443 upvotes
Reading this made me feel so poor
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1013 posts
923 upvotes
Montreal
llance wrote: thanks! just bought 480g. First time eating wagyu steak, any tips on cooking, serving and wine pairing?
480g is already sold out, wow
Feb 8, 2011
13 posts
11 upvotes
Amazing deal, guess will be having this for the weekend
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3395 posts
639 upvotes
that's the one, though the picture is throwing me off alittle. It claims "steak portion" but its showing these cube cuts. From all of the A5 I have cooked myself, they have always been a thin steak.

Also, comparing to the prices at Famu, this miyazaki A5 from costco is only slightly cheaper.
Feb 14, 2005
592 posts
273 upvotes
azn_dan wrote: that's the one, though the picture is throwing me off alittle. It claims "steak portion" but its showing these cube cuts. From all of the A5 I have cooked myself, they have always been a thin steak.

Also, comparing to the prices at Famu, this miyazaki A5 from costco is only slightly cheaper.
I ordered this two weeks ago and the steaks that come are not all thin steaks. I had some which were about an inch thick and were shaped like the ones in the picture, and other thinner 3/4" inch ones which were rectangular blocks. Some had a fat cap while others had more meat.

With that said, I have no complaints. I like that they're pre portioned into 5oz, which is more than enough for one sitting - a little too much if you have sides too and you may want to split with someone.
Sep 3, 2014
805 posts
801 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
If I grind this for a spag bol, will it be greasy?
Mar 13, 2008
30 posts
Brossard, QC
I've been a regular at viandes crystal for a while now.

God damn it's expensive but I can't stop it's so good.

Too bad there are restrictions right now on US imported beef. They used to sell Angus and US Wagyu as well at much lower prices compared to the A5

Oct 26, 2008
329 posts
252 upvotes
WHITEMARKET wrote: How long should I pressure cook my stew if I use this?
This is the funniest thing I’ve read on RFD in two years. Almost spat out my lunch laughing.
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
Dec 9, 2020
74 posts
64 upvotes
For me a piece of the beef fat and this looks the same.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I can't even see the meet in the pictures you posted.
At least this option is much cheaper 🤣

Why not to get a normal striploin stake, it doesn't taste like fat and cost less... Never understood food preferences of rich. Money-mouth Face
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1044 posts
678 upvotes
Montreal
llance wrote: thanks! just bought 480g. First time eating wagyu steak, any tips on cooking, serving and wine pairing?
Reverse sear.

250 degrees in the oven on a rack until about 10 - 15 degrees lower than your finished doneness.

Heat up a cast iron pan on medium high. Salt and pepper the steak. Drop in a pat of butter and let it sizzle and brown (like 15 seconds) then sear the steak for a minute each side.

Turn fan on high and maybe even open a window, there will be a lot of smoke.

Let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes then slice. I serve on a bed of Boston lettuce and sliced endives.

When I did 2 American Wagyu strip loins 340 g each it fed 4 people and there were leftovers.

A good red with soft tannins is better, not too spicy or too woody. American or Australian Cab Sauv (ask at the SAQ in the Cellier section). South west France reds good too.

This is of course personal taste. Others please feel free to offer a different pairing.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1691 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
Will my clothes burst into little pieces when I eat this?Face With Tears Of Joy