Deal Link:
Savings:
40%
Expiry:
June 2, 2019
Retailer:
VIA Rail
More offers from VIA Rail
Just picked up the unlimited pass for $1220 all in, valid for 60 days of unlimited travel. Looking forward to seeing Canada from a new perspective.

FYI I called VIA to confirm that you can book your tickets after June 2, 2019 and they said it was okay. If anyone else is inclined to confirm as well, please post your findings here.

Enjoy!
24 replies
Aug 8, 2017
121 posts
34 upvotes
Good deal. But I always have bad experiences with via
Oct 24, 2017
37 posts
9 upvotes
So if you took the Toronto to Vancouver it would be considered One out of Seven?
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
550 posts
359 upvotes
lionbest wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:34 pm
So if you took the Toronto to Vancouver it would be considered One out of Seven?
I believe so. As long as you don’t take breaks longer than 4 hours.
Sep 2, 2016
86 posts
67 upvotes
Great deal, but from experience I couldn't handle taking the train from Toronto to Vancouver.
I guess it would depend what class you're in but I had that Canada 100 Youth pass and I wanted to kill myself being on a train for that long without a shower, wifi, a flat reclining seat to sleep on. Upvoted.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
550 posts
359 upvotes
K81024 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:49 pm
Great deal, but from experience I couldn't handle taking the train from Toronto to Vancouver.
I guess it would depend what class you're in but I had that Canada 100 Youth pass and I wanted to kill myself being on a train for that long without a shower, wifi, a flat reclining seat to sleep on. Upvoted.
Didn’t you stop along the way to see the sights? That’s the point of the train vs plane.
Oct 12, 2008
853 posts
1439 upvotes
Markham
K81024 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:49 pm
It's great for a student with a limited budget, but for 30+ old farts, the long distance trains will kill ya.
Sep 2, 2016
86 posts
67 upvotes
tunda11 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:51 pm
Didn’t you stop along the way to see the sights? That’s the point of the train vs plane.
I'm not gonna lie, I may have gotten off In Winnipeg, explored for a bit and took a flight to Vegas...
However what I did see of Ontario (such a huge damn province btw) and Manitoba was beautiful.
Sep 2, 2016
86 posts
67 upvotes
Dave510 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:52 pm
It's great for a student with a limited budget, but for 30+ old farts, the long distance trains will kill ya.
Oh, it was absolutely great and I'm thankful I was able to snag one, but as a wifi reliant millennial I was struggling hahaha
I ended up using the pass to go to Montreal/Toronto every weekend
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13901 posts
2749 upvotes
I definitely agree that unless you're in sleeper class, doing a long haul in economy is brutal. I took a train from Vancouver to Edmonton which was about 24 hours and I had to fly back.

It is a cheap way to see the country, though.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
550 posts
359 upvotes
K81024 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:56 pm
Oh, it was absolutely great and I'm thankful I was able to snag one, but as a wifi reliant millennial I was struggling hahaha
I ended up using the pass to go to Montreal/Toronto every weekend
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 11:04 pm
I definitely agree that unless you're in sleeper class, doing a long haul in economy is brutal. I took a train from Vancouver to Edmonton which was about 24 hours and I had to fly back.

It is a cheap way to see the country, though.
Any tips for the long haul? May consider flying for a few legs or upgrading as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4008 posts
136 upvotes
wahabk1234 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:25 pm
Good deal. But I always have bad experiences with via
Tell me more. I'm considering a Tor - Mtl train trip.
Aug 8, 2017
121 posts
34 upvotes
nsd wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 10:13 am
Tell me more. I'm considering a Tor - Mtl train trip.
Came many times on the train from Windsor to Kitchener. Every time, the train was disgusting, smelt like someone went to the washroom on the seats. There were stains everywhere and the train was very uncomfortable. We were also delayed by 2.5 hours because a VIA train was out of order on the track we were on. My whole body felt like it got crushed many times because of the amount of times the train would jolt/shake. Will probably never go on VIA again.
Jan 4, 2010
579 posts
349 upvotes
Waterloo
So if I buy the extra upgradable fare. How does it work when I want to upgrade to sleeper? So I pay the difference off of what?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4008 posts
136 upvotes
wahabk1234 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 10:18 am
Came many times on the train from Windsor to Kitchener. Every time, the train was disgusting, smelt like someone went to the washroom on the seats. There were stains everywhere and the train was very uncomfortable. We were also delayed by 2.5 hours because a VIA train was out of order on the track we were on. My whole body felt like it got crushed many times because of the amount of times the train would jolt/shake. Will probably never go on VIA again.
Did you get a peek at the business area too? Or was this in business already.